What are the Bonuses of Pre-Reg that you don't get with Early-Reg?

Started by Roguethe, April 10, 2009, 01:08:01 AM

Roguethe

Does anyone know?
I want to know what you get with Pre-Reg that you don't get with Early-Reg.
Or is it just the price difference?

I draw sometimessss

SOawesomeness

With Pre-Reg, you get an awesome kickass laminated badge.
With Early, you get a paper badge in a plastic holder.

With Pre-Reg, you have the option of picking up your badge on the Thursday before Fanime, and also to the happenings that may be during that Thursday.
With Early, you pick up your badge starting on Friday.

With Pre-Reg, you have the satisfaction of knowing that you saved X amount of money.
With Early, you pay full price.

So... I guess you guys should all Pre-Reg to get the awesome perks. :D
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

ewu

there are also certain other perks that we only notify pre-reg members about. none yet this year, but i know there are a few in the works.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kiara

Thanks for all the info, but I'm still alittle confused. Early Reg? Pre Reg? What's the cutoff dates for all of those? is it too late to Pre Reg? Is only early Reg open now? both? I'm confuuuused.

Cosplayer/Photographer in the East Bay.

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Kiara on April 10, 2009, 11:14:12 AM
Thanks for all the info, but I'm still alittle confused. Early Reg? Pre Reg? What's the cutoff dates for all of those? is it too late to Pre Reg? Is only early Reg open now? both? I'm confuuuused.

It's only Early Registration now. Pre-reg was over since end of March.

SOawesomeness

With Pre and Early, Pre happens before Early.
The cutoff dates are always announced beforehand...
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

DeepSetThinker

i'm confused, because the website says that if you registered before the convention, you can still pick up your badge Thursday night.  i just registered for early reg and that's still before the con, so do i get to pick up my badge Thursday night?
~Lain t3h 3vil! - i stalk because i luff.

<= cospa

http://unsound-reverie.net <= collective

ewu

early registration may begin to register their membership on Friday.

I have notified the web team of this discrepancy.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

tonberry_dagger

How much were the pre-reg badges and the early-badges? Its really confusing to tell which one I am now. I paid $55 for my badges. Is that pre-reg or early-reg? The website made it sound like I could still show up on Thursday and get my badge. Whats up?

KyraEnsui

Quote from: tonberry_dagger on April 25, 2009, 12:50:22 PM
How much were the pre-reg badges and the early-badges? Its really confusing to tell which one I am now. I paid $55 for my badges. Is that pre-reg or early-reg? The website made it sound like I could still show up on Thursday and get my badge. Whats up?

It would say on your account what you have. $55 = pre-reg and you can pick it up on Thursday.

tonberry_dagger

Actually in my account it just says name, address, and stuff like that and that I paid in full. It doesn't say anywhere what my badge status is. Also, are we supposed to get something that we need to print out and bring with us? All I have is a receipt from paypal saying I paid, and an e-mail from fanime saying I paid in full. Do I need to print those?

SOawesomeness

Quote from: tonberry_dagger on April 25, 2009, 06:50:19 PM
Actually in my account it just says name, address, and stuff like that and that I paid in full. It doesn't say anywhere what my badge status is. Also, are we supposed to get something that we need to print out and bring with us? All I have is a receipt from paypal saying I paid, and an e-mail from fanime saying I paid in full. Do I need to print those?
I believe you've answered your question- though if you're wondering if it's early reg, you've paid $60 for your membership rather than the discounted price.

We don't send e-mails, but you will need to print out an electronic postcard which will be attached to your registration account closer to Fanime as well as a valid ID as per our FAQ.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration