I'm not sure if this seems like a stupid question...

Started by kichi-kat, April 15, 2009, 06:50:34 PM

kichi-kat

What time does Fanime actually begin? The only place I could really find that answer is the countdown on the website or the general date. I need to know the actual times. Sorry if this is a stupid easily answered question...   :(

ewu

check the schedule when it comes out the 3 or 4 weeks b4 con, but some programming starts as early as Thursday afternoon. Officially con starts after opening ceremonies Friday afternoon, but lots of programming has already been running for a quite a while by then.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kyra_Maverick

Generally, Fanime is a 24 hour convention. Certain events take place on Thursday for pre-registered attendees like the swap meet or gaming room. Other then that, viewing rooms open really early on Friday (think early am's).

If you're coming on Friday you wont be able to do too much until you pick up your badge. In the past I remember registrations opening around 8:00am. After that the Dealers Hall and Artist Alley open somewhere between 10:00am and 3:00pm. Starting on Friday viewing rooms and the gaming room are open 24 hours until late afternoon on Monday.

Since the official schedule hasn't been released, all my times are based off what I can remember from previous years. The schedule is usually posted a few weeks before con, like Ewu said, and its best to check times against that.