32nd Annual Nikkei Matsuri 04-26-2K9@San Jose Nihonmachi

Started by Jidai Geki, April 17, 2009, 09:56:41 PM

Jidai Geki

Just a bit curious.  Anyone planning to CosPlay at this seasonal art and craft festival in San Jose Japantown?  I saw a few individuals last year.  I hope more show up this year.  Free admission.  Food, music & japanese themed crafts. 

Time: 9:00a - 4:00p

Jackson Ave. (between 4th Street and 6th Street)

For more information go to: www.nikkeimatsuri.org

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Jidai Geki

Quote32nd Annual Nikkei Matsuri @ San Jose Nihonmachi
Free admission. 
Food, music & japanese themed crafts. 

Time: 9:00a - 10:00a (Yu-Ai Kai Walk n Run)
        10:00 - 4:00 Festival Activities

For more information go to: www.nikkeimatsuri.org

Cosplayers looking for fun events...  San Jose Nikkei Matsuri welcomes you all.  Whether it's a new costume or one you haven't worn in 2-years, don't worry... Dress up and have fun impressing festival visitors with your cosplay skills.  Come meet new people.  Help support a historic local Japanese-American community.  Photos?  I'm sure there will be lots of those, too.  For those attending FanimeCon, here's another chance to practice.

Now for some rules:

1. Costumes must be acceptable for public view by families and children.  No indescent, obscene or objectionable costumes will be allowed at this event.
2. Public cosplay weapons policies will be enforced by SJPD... If it looks real, "Peace-bond" it or leave it at home. 
3. Cosplayer under the age of 16 must have a parent, or legal guardian, in attendance.
4. No abusive or disruptive behavior will be tolerated at the festival... No exceptions

With that out of the way,  have fun and I hope to see you there Sunday.

Special Attention:
-Due to the Yu-Ai Kai Walk n Run early in the morning, neighborhood traffic will be altered to accomadate the race course and its participants.  Please be mindful and respectful as this will slow down traffic in the general vicinity.

-Nearby parking and neighborhood parking will be limited to what's available.  We strongly recommend the use of public transportation (VTA lightrail station - Ayers/Japantown), carpooling, or cycling for your visit.

sailor moon1

;) come and support the japanese american community, there is lots of delicious food and japanese snacks ^_^
yummy, and great cultural events.
usagi

konataFTW

umph I would love to participate (my Nunnally cosplay is hanging in my closet waiting to be debuted) but it's my birthday that day and I'll prolly at some place my parents would drag me to =(

BUT MORE LOVE FOR THI EVENT <3
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

Jidai Geki

Quote from: sailor moon1 on April 24, 2009, 10:47:36 PM
;) come and support the japanese american community, there is lots of delicious food and japanese snacks ^_^
yummy, and great cultural events.
usagi

Support from San Francisco Japantown's Sailor Moon.  ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU!!!

Jidai Geki

Quote from: konataFTW on April 24, 2009, 11:18:58 PM
umph I would love to participate (my Nunnally cosplay is hanging in my closet waiting to be debuted) but it's my birthday that day and I'll probably be at some place my parents would drag me to =(

BUT MORE LOVE FOR THI EVENT <3

Tanjobi omedetou, KonataFTW-san.  Parents are funny this way... Mine use to do this too... (^_^)

RyuHayabusa

I'll see if I can go for a while. no promises though
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Jidai Geki

Today's the day and I'll be leaving for the festival in about a hour.
Just a few last words.  To those who viewed this post... THANK YOU

To Barnes, Sailor Moon1, KonataFTW, and RyuHayabusa... Domo Arigatou for your interest and posts...

Even if I'm the only one in costume... San Jose Nihonmachi still Wins!

Tabbychan

I was there in cosplayxD Couldn't find my wig but I was in my Tsunade Cosplay:P I was there around 2pm ish^^

Jidai Geki

Tabbychan,
Thank you for attending the festival today.  I'm not sure if we crossed paths, but I was the ronin swordsman  wearing a sandogasa, wandering about the festival.  I did this from 9:00am to 4:00pm... wow, am I tired...  Today, I found out that SJ Nihonmachi is very open to cosplaying... Cosplay project in the works... Will post info here if/when available.

Tabbychan

Hm... I think I might have seen you in like the middle of the place:3 I wandered around alot xD