Fanime Poker?

Started by abcbadcat, April 20, 2009, 09:56:24 AM

bopx

Aw man, having a Holdem tournament would be sweet. I'd go for that. But it would have to be on Saturday or Sunday..

losmadrhynos

Fanime needs to get their act together if they have more Texas Hold 'Em tournaments. They have you go and sign up for a specific time and then start early anyway. I got there ten minutes early and was told that they were sorry but gave my seat away because they wanted to start early. I don't know who was in charge but maybe they shouldn't be.

abcbadcat

Yeah, it was really unorganized and they need to have it set up to be on the schedule for next year.

Mage of Nyo

Agreeing with this. I really wanted to play poker, but didn't even realize one was planned the last minute.

outcast

They actually had a tournament?

heeroyuy135

Quote from: losmadrhynos on May 24, 2009, 07:14:44 PM
Fanime needs to get their act together if they have more Texas Hold 'Em tournaments. They have you go and sign up for a specific time and then start early anyway. I got there ten minutes early and was told that they were sorry but gave my seat away because they wanted to start early. I don't know who was in charge but maybe they shouldn't be.
This can be attributed to the fact that person who originally did the Hold'em tournaments at FanimeCon 2008 couldn't make it at the last minute for FanimeCon 2009.
I actually didn't think there would be tournaments, but alas there was...
I'm hoping that the person who's been doing it is coming back for FanimeCon 2010 so that order can be restored and we can do this the right way.

M

Quote from: abcbadcat on May 25, 2009, 06:44:54 PM
Yeah, it was really unorganized and they need to have it set up to be on the schedule for next year.
If there was a Poker Tournament set up at FanimeCon 2009, it was set up at the very last minute. When the Pocket Schedule + Program Guides went to print, the Poker Tournament was already canceled.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

joshmisses

hey guys, Sam of Table top, this year like in the past there will be another poker tournament and it will texas hold'em. we still do not know what the prizes will be but last you we gave out full pokers chips and card sets. first place was 500 piece 300 for second and 100 for third. it was held over three nights. let me know if you have any other questions.

abcbadcat

Sounds awesome, really looking forward to it :D

joshmisses

it is always a blast we are also looking for dealers this year so it is not chaotic plus will be getting more poker sets to have more tables.

heeroyuy135

My dream is to rent out some poker chips and tables for the convention, hold a multiple-day tournament with prizes donated by sponsors. If only this could happen without anyone one of us spending our own money...

LadyGlitterbow

Quote from: Danger on May 03, 2009, 09:33:27 PM
We should do a $5 buy in! OR people could bring some of their favorite mangas and though would be what we play for.

I dont think the $5 buy in would work either, but the manga idea sounds like fun! Pocky gets a little boring you know? I can only eat so much! And of course I am down to play!

joshmisses

@Heero we do have that and you do not have to spend any money to play.

the prizes last year were a fill 500 piece poker set.

heeroyuy135

I didn't do last year's tournament...but from what I heard it was a success.