Will there be more musicians coming for MusicFest?

Started by michimichu, April 21, 2009, 04:39:27 PM

michimichu

Seeing that the MusicFest part at fanime.com has been updated with three acts, will there be any more musicians to be added for MusicFest or are these the only ones? Will we be having some epic popular musician(s) this year? There are probably more since we have a month left till fanime though..
:D Thanks in advance!

chifunii

I'm curious too. Last year there were 5 ish right? :) Can't wait to hear about Musicfest.

Ooh` I'm getting all excited for Fanime now. >,< Soonsoonsoon~
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

ELDEMONIO

I hope so. :-\

I may not be able to see all of them anyway since I leave early for school stuff.:(

JTchinoy

If I sing karaoke for you, will I be counted as a musician?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

darkknightcecil

michimichu

Quote from: darkknightcecil on May 10, 2009, 06:49:40 PM
ugh
this years
musicfest
list
is dissapointing

Augh, I know. D: Well, gotta take what's given, I guess. Although, I have never heard any of these musicians sooo I probably won't be attending MusicFest. And from what it seems like, they won't be adding any more groups anytime soon.

ewu

you know....trying something new might work too.....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kimiko

It's also really hard to get certain musicians as well. The staff is trying their best and I say having ANY act is worth it. And you never know, you might come out just loving these performers you never heard of before. Give it a chance!
2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Rozen Maiden ~ Hina Ichigo
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi

Kazuko

Seriously you guys saying "oh the line up sucks" or whatever is insulting staff I mean they worked hard to get these artists you should give them a chance no use being so butthurt about not getting who you want or this years line up isnt what you like. I know Momoi has amazing Lives and its very interactive. Just give the artists a chance, every music fest I go, I always enjoy it even if I dont know who the performers are I still enjoy having a good time.

ewu

ooh like saying your cosplay that you worked 8 months on is ugly....or even better...saying that you are cosplaying beyond your weight class!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

M

Quote from: Kazuko on May 11, 2009, 06:56:37 PM
Seriously you guys saying "oh the line up sucks" or whatever is insulting staff I mean they worked hard to get these artists you should give them a chance no use being so butthurt about not getting who you want or this years line up isnt what you like. I know Momoi has amazing Lives and its very interactive. Just give the artists a chance, every music fest I go, I always enjoy it even if I dont know who the performers are I still enjoy having a good time.
More truths have probably never been written in text. :)

Quote from: darkknightcecil on May 10, 2009, 06:49:40 PM
ugh
this years
musicfest
list
is dissapointing
Jastin (I believe that's your name), there are better ways for you to get this point across (like talk to to the MusicFest department) other than 1-2 words per line and a misspelling.* :)

[Edit: *I am telling you this because I know that you're on staff and actually have the ability to talk to other staffers instead of posting negatively about the hard work that someone else has put in.]
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

short_storiesgl

So I wasn't trying to come off offenseive, but many people from last year and this year having none of the same big names is going to be disappointing to some people. People can be ungrateful, but I think there should be responses on the forums, good or bad. It gives people a good amount of information

Sorry for offending <3
Dance Staff Second

PyronIkari

Quote from: short_storiesgl on May 11, 2009, 07:20:07 PM
so what if someone does like the line up.
I sure as hell dont. Well that asian chick that did love slave with under17 but still.
People have opinions so freakin what.
its not like they said
"wow fanime blows ass for not having like the best bands evar."

No offense but looking at last years bands and than this year is probably disappointing to a lot of people.

And our point is, last year was disappointing to a lot of fans and this year is AMAZING...

People have opinions, opinions are fine, but this isn't about opinions, it's about talking crap because it's not your cup of tea. If the bands this year sucked, like musically sucked, you could have a point. But because it's not in the genre you like means that the line up is bad, just not your cup, then move the hell on.

ewu

uum yah there IS offense. Staff work hard to get good acts and its unfortunate that people don't recognize an opportunity. Not only that, simply commenting that the lineup sucks represents the belief that staff just didn't work hard or are incompetent. Not to mention this is coming from a fellow staff member.

If you want to express your opinions yet continue to respect the people that put hours comparable to a full time job, unpaid, in to planing a con then give constructive criticism. Convey why you don't like them. Convey that you at least had the respect to check out a song or two. Convey who you would prefer and how it would be realistic and possible for our con.

We don't plan the con for recognition, but neither do we plan it to have our hard work rejected point blank right into our faces.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

lyricaldanichan

People should be happy that we got a line up this year, especially with the pig virus scare and that
Japanese Music companies are not seeing coming to the US as profitable.

Something to think about.

short_storiesgl

Quote from: ewu on May 11, 2009, 07:33:02 PM
uum yah there IS offense. Staff work hard to get good acts and its unfortunate that people don't recognize an opportunity. Not only that, simply commenting that the lineup sucks represents the belief that staff just didn't work hard or are incompetent. Not to mention this is coming from a fellow staff member.

If you want to express your opinions yet continue to respect the people that put hours comparable to a full time job, unpaid, in to planing a con then give constructive criticism. Convey why you don't like them. Convey that you at least had the respect to check out a song or two. Convey who you would prefer and how it would be realistic and possible for our con.

We don't plan the con for recognition, but neither do we plan it to have our hard work rejected point blank right into our faces.
hey hey hey Im not hating on the bands at all... in fact i never go to music fest. and what i read didnt seem like crap talking...
just saying they didnt like the bands
Give i still give staff credit. I know its hard to get bands I understand 100%
Dance Staff Second

michimichu

Woah, woah, woah, I didn't mean it like that. I admit, compared to last years' MusicFest... I didn't even say I did not like the musicians. I've never heard of them, hence the reason why I won't be going to MusicFest. Sure, trying new things could work, but I'm not very interested in some cute Japanese pop singer. And, I did say we have to take what is given.

I'm so sorry for starting an argument! D: Forgive me.

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Jun-Watarase

Again, AnCafe isn't nearly as big as people here believe them to be. Even if they have an international fanbase, this only applies to a very small group. Even with all the fans combined, it'd still be a fairly small group, and would be far from what one would consider "huge".

I'd also have to mention, like I did on another thread, is that fans of their genre (Visual-kei/Oshare-kei) are more conspicuous and "loudly expressive" in comparison to fans of Momoi's genre (Akiba-kei/Denpa-kei) would be.

But truth is, Akiba-kei/Denpa-kei is on the rise and becoming more and more popular and mainstream, whereas Visual-kei/Oshare-kei NEVER, EVER EVER has.

To quote my other post, "This means, fans of Momoi... coming across the globe to Fanime to see this concert, despite the swine flu scare. This means, Perfume (which are of the same genre) becoming widely advertised and mainstream, i.e. HUGE internationally, despite being a extremely new group. This means.... both K-On's (a anime series of the same genre) opening and ending singles hit Oricon Charts weekly as both #1 and #2."

But anyway, they both cater to different genres and fandoms. There ARE fans of Momoi, and they're undeniably passionate, and many of them, VERY VERY loyal fans. Even if they're not present on this forums, within their own communities (which I am a part of), many people are extremely excited and going through much preparation to travel to Fanime just to see Momoi.

We've had Visual-kei-related guests for years now. Let us Akiba-kei fans have our year of fun, for once.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Pengin-san

Speak the truth, Jun, speak the truth.  Reading this thread, my jaw just dropped.  Before I even knew of visual-kei, I heard of MOMOI.  I'm just a little surprised that people haven't heard of her.  Why are we complaining?  Her fanbase is huge!  I was telling a friend of mine, who moved to Japan a couple years ago, that she's coming to Fanime this year, and he virtually screamed in envy over the phone.  I personally am not the biggest fan of MOMOI, but if someone passed me a free ticket, I'd totally go.  She's very influential in the Akiba-kei genre, and I think people should give her more credit.

Just because we don't hear of her in America doesn't mean she's not incredibly popular.  I think MusicFest has done well this year.  I can't even imagine what kind of work goes into even booking an artist o___O;.
I'm hosting a panel this year!  Come check out Visual Kei: More Than Music!  It will be filled with fun, glamor, and sheer awesome music!