A few questions o-o;;

Started by xUnyu, April 29, 2009, 09:08:03 PM

xUnyu

Hey xD, this is the first time i'm going to a Con so I have a couple of questions xD.

First of all, if we're registering "AT-CON" for a single day pass, would we need to have ID? [[in high school atm]]

Secondly, I've been going through old posts and seeing a varity of answers for waiting in the registration line, some random from 5-20 all the way up to 1.5 hours. How long would you estimate it would take to wait in line on SATURDAY.

Lastly, what kind of food is available at-con? :DD

Thanks for your timeee. ;]]

SOawesomeness

I'm guessing Saturday's line would range from 2 1/2 hours to 20 minutes... we implemented a new system last year, so it's hard to tell, but it's a lot faster than two years ago.

Food... is better off bought not at SJCC. There are a variety of restaurants cheaper around the convention center. imo.

As for ID, it'd be better if you did bring some form of ID in case the worst happens.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Kyra_Maverick

The only food I bought at the convention center last year was nachos. They were ok but really over priced. I think the soda machines were about $3.00 or $4.00.

As Chiri said, there are cheap restaurants (ie. McDonald's, Jack-N-The-Box, Pita Pit) within a few blocks that would be a better bet. Your badge lets you in and out of the convention at will for the whole day, so no need to worry about not being allowed back in.

xUnyu

I see. Thanks :D One more quick question, when does the at-con registration start on saturday, i saw "afternoon" but that doesn't really help xD

meldoy1991

Actually, Saturday at-con registration should start at 8AM. :O

Fri-Sun our hours are 8AM-8PM. Mon should be 8AM-5PM.

There'll be maps in the programs you'll receive at con which will have TONS of restaurants in the area listed. So that'll be awesomely useful. :D

[MELZ REPORTING FOR REG DUTY. XD]

Jerry

Reg has been relatively streamlined really well, its gone from 2+ hours down to hopefully less than an hour.

I hear snipits of rumors saying that there will be an online "at-con registration" online, which helps the process, please have cash/credit ready to go.

there should also be a FAQ in regards to Photo Id's so you may want to check there.

Enjoy the Con, they'll be plenty to do if not randomly socializing with 17,000+ ppl who have the same nerdy qualities you do!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Jerry

not even about the one about curlies ewu?

darn your no fun.  :-[
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

M

Quote from: Jerry on April 30, 2009, 10:35:43 AMdarn your no fun.  :-[
In this case, him being "fun" would cause him to have to do more work. ;)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

xUnyu

xOchiix

I unfortunately arrived at saturday around 10am and waiting in line took a total of 3 1/2 hours. You should get there early, just incase. :)