2009 Karaoke Hours

Started by Hank-KKD, May 01, 2009, 12:36:02 AM

Hank-KKD

There were the proposed hours we submitted to Fanime:

Friday:

3PM to 6:30PM: Contest Signups/Check-In/Contestant Warmup (contestants only)
6:30PM to 7PM: Break/Contest Seating
7PM to 11PM Karaoke Contest
11:15PM to 3AM: Open Mic Karaoke

Saturday:

3PM to 3AM: Open Mic Karaoke

Sunday:

3 PM to 5PM: Acoustikaraoke! Contest
5:15PM to 9:30PM: Open Mic Karaoke
9:30PM to 10PM: Break
10PM to midnight: Karaoke Gong Show!
12:15AM to 3AM: Open Mic Karaoke

bahamutknightzero

Thanks for the info regarding the times.

princesskitty18

so does that mean that no one can start singin for the prelim rounds until 7? is there any other way around that? because i have some special circumstances..
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Hank-KKD

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 02, 2009, 10:48:05 PM
so does that mean that no one can start singin for the prelim rounds until 7? is there any other way around that? because i have some special circumstances..

Yes. The contest starts at 7PM.

Nina Star 9

Do you have an estimate on when the prelim round of the contest will end/when the people moving onto the fimals round will be announced? I don't know if I will be able to stick around for the entire prelim round, but I don't want to miss the announcement for the finals round.

Thanks~~

heeroyuy135

Wait, so for people who want to sign-up at con, it starts at three?

Hank-KKD

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on May 03, 2009, 06:46:21 PM
Do you have an estimate on when the prelim round of the contest will end/when the people moving onto the fimals round will be announced? I don't know if I will be able to stick around for the entire prelim round, but I don't want to miss the announcement for the finals round.

Thanks~~

You are not required to stick around for the entire round. Assuming we start on time + 2:30 per person + one minute to get on/off stage + break for judges, we would estimate that the prelim round would run until somewhere between 9 and 9:30.

Wait, so for people who want to sign-up at con, it starts at three?

At-con signups (and check-in for registered contestants) start at 3pm. The competition itself starts at 7pm.
From 3 to 6:30, the karaoke room is available for singers to practice, test their songs out, etc.