Swap Meet Sellers! Pre-Advertise your Goods!

Started by FanFicGuru, May 06, 2009, 10:34:10 PM

FanFicGuru

Hello! I had a similar thread up last year but it's now buried deep in the vault of Fanime Forum goodness. So, I shall create a new thread.

The basic goal of this thread is for anyone planning on bringing goods for the swap meet to interact with other attendees who may be interested in their goods and for people to get a general idea of what's going to be out there. Does that mean scrolling through this thread is just as good as going to the swap meet? Of course not, there are bound to be dozens of people who don't list their for-sale items but still show up on Thursday and Friday. However, this thread is for people who might have slightly more valuable or rare goods to correspond with interested buyers as well as just listing what sort of things you will be bringing to the swap meet.

Personally, I've found my interest in anime dwindling over the past year, so I am purging my collection. (Going into grad school, not a lot of time etc. etc.) Below you will find a list of the DVDs that I will be selling along with their price and general status. If you are interested in any of the items I have listed below, feel free to PM me. I will be ATTEMPTING to sell on Thursday night, and I am not planning to sell on Friday so if you want to buy from me you should be there on Thursday night.

With that being said, here is what I have to offer (some haggling may be done, but typically not below $4 per DVD):

Neon Genesis Evangelion Complete Platinum thinpak- Case is in great condition. Discs are all very clean. $35 for set

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Complete set w/box- Includes all 7 SEALED region 1 DVDs with the box. Again, the DVDs are SEALED! $50 for set

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig set w/bow- Includes all 7 region 1 DVDs, 6 of them are SEALED. The unsealed disc is a little dirty, but the rest of it is pristine. $50 for set.

Giant Robo complete set w/ movie- 4 disc set includes all of Giant Robo and the Ginrei Special. Box and discs are in good condition. $20 for the set.

Godannar set w/box- 6 discs out of 7. I am missing disc 2. Besides that, the discs and cases are all in great shape and so is the box. $40 for the set.

Haruhi Suzumiya Disc 1+ Special Box- This is the LE box for the North American release of Haruhi Suzumiya. Included is the first disc of the series and a CD with the track Hare Hare Yukai. Armband and hair bandana originally included are NOT present. $20 for the box w/DVD and CD.

Mushishi Complete DVD set- All 6 region 1 DVD with the box. The box sleeve has some light damage and the box itself has a few notable scuffs on the corners, but nothing too serious. The discs are all in great condition, as are the cases and case sleeves. $60 for the set.

Record of Lodoss War-  4 disc set. Box, cases and DVDs are all in good condition. $25 for the set.

Rune Soldier Louie thinpak complete set- The box is in terrible shape. Water damage has distorted it pretty badly. The discs are fine and play well. However, due to the water damage I'll be letting this set go for $15 to a happy home.

Saiyuki Collector's Box 1- 3 out of 6 discs present: Volumes 1, 4 and 5 along with the box. The discs and box are all in good condition. $25 for the set.

Saiyuki Collector's Box 2 complete set- Contains volumes 7-12 of Saiyuki. Discs and box are in great condition. $50 for the set

Saiyuki: Requiem movie- Disc and case in good condition. $5

Finally, if there is a buyer interested in buying this entire collection, instead of the $485 it would cost buying it all individually, I will sell the entire collection for $400.  PLEASE PM me if you are interested in this option and only serious buyers as well please.

I'm looking forward to the swap meet and can't wait to see what else people are looking to bring!

EDIT: Removed titles that are currently being held. Also, I will have 25 collector's box+ first DVD for a variety of titles that I will be selling ~$7.50-10 each. Keep an eye out for my store!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

abcbadcat

lying is an art form

Selling Magic: the Gathering cards and some manga.

ALSO! I AM BUYING MAGIC: THE GATHERING CARDS! I WILL HAVE A BUYLIST ALONG WITH CREDIT AND CASH VALUES. CREDIT IS GOOD FOR NEARLY EVERYTHING I WILL BE SELLING! BRING YOUR MAGIC CARDS TO SELL :)

Note: Only buying Standard-legal cards and a few select non-Standard cards! If it's not on the general list, I'll take it in at a bulk rate!

1. Magic: the Gathering Repacks
15 card repacks (mostly newer sets). 11 commons, 3 uncommons, 1 rare. Foils roughly distributed 1:3 packs. Foils count as a "common" slot (so if you get a foil rare, you will still get a regular rare)
Price: $1.25 each. Buy 4 get 1 free.

2. Magic: the Gathering custom-made decks
60-card decks, ready to play with rules insert. Comes pre-sleeved inside a random tin deckbox. At least 2 rares. Great for casual players and beginners to jump right in.
Price: $6 to 10 each

3. Magic: the Gathering Singles
Will have many binders with singles (rares and great uncommons/commons). Prices will be marked!
Price: Depends on card

4. Magic: the Gathering "Momir Basic" Paper Playset
Google up Momir Basic and see what the craze is all about! This is a new way to play Magic: the Gathering (well, it's been out on Magic Online for years). This is something custom-made. Comes with laminated creature guide, dice, and two 60-card decks.
Price: $40.00

5. Rurouni Kenshin 1-28 Complete Set
Complete set of manga. Almost of these are first print runs. I won't be bringing this to con unless I know for sure somebody is going to buy it.
Price: $200 Or best offer

6. Magic: the Gathering Alara Reborn booster packs
I have a few Alara Reborn packs left from drafting. All sealed. Never opened. Try and pull a Meddling Mage or Maelstrom Pulse!
Price: TBD

PM me to secure any quantity of items. If you want a specific card, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

Eurobeat King

I'm still pricing and labeling the stuff I'm going to be selling, but here's what I have so-far:

Resident Evil 5 (360) : $50
Resident Evil : Degeneration DVD : $8
Resident Evil : Apocalypse DVD : $3

Dragonball Manga #1-42 (Chinese version) : $1 each (or 6 for $5)
Ranma 1/2 Manga #1-38 (Chinese version) : $1 each (or 6 for $5)
Ghost Sweeper Mikami #1-14 (Chinese version) : $1 each (or 6 for $5)
Initial D Manga (English) : $4 each

Super Eurobeat CD's (various albums from #100 to #190) :  $15-20
Anime CD's (older stuff like BubbleGumCrisis, Megazone 23, Marmalade Boy) : price varies

Anime Cards : 10 for $1
Pokemon Cards : price varies

Manga Comics (Individual) : $1 each
Manga Comics (Sets) : price varies  (you get a series of comics for one price)

American Comics (Individual) : $2-$5
Rare titles include: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dirty Pair, WildC.A.T.S., CyberForce, Gen13, Lady Death, Witchblade, etc. : price varies
Graphic Novels:  WildC.A.T.S., CyberForce, Lady Death, Danger Girl, Silent Mobius, etc.  : price varies

I'm debating if I should bring my old role-playing board games like : Battletech, Car Wars, etc. since they didn't sell last year but someone might be interested this year.

If you're interested in anything I've listed so far, please reply or send me a PM.  Thanks! :)

"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

KyraEnsui

Hmm... Not for sure, but here are what I'm going to sell:
1. Reborn stick posters: Tsuna, Gokudera, Yamamoto, Lancia, Metallic Mukuro... Not sure what else I have so I will check it out later.
2. Random posters: Gundam SEED, etc...
3. All my Shojo Beat magazine from Day 1. I do miss a few issues here and there.
4. Few DVDs.
5. Few figurines.
6. Some mangas.

That's pretty much I can remember at the moment.

idontknow

POKEMON FIGURINES
Most $3 (I'll update with list of pokemon)
or buy all for $10

PLUSHIES
Bleach 12" Ichigo Plushie - $15
Fooly Cooly ~7" Canti Plushie - $10
Full Metal Alchemist 8" Alphonse Elric Plush - $10
Inuyasha 8" Inuyasha w/ Tetsusaiga Plush - $10
Inuyasha 8" Kagome Plush - $10
Inuyasha 8" Miroku Plush - $10
Hamtaro 7" Bijou Plush Unopened - $10
Other Plushies (mostly Pokemon, Avatar, Disney) - $7

MISC
iDog - $5
Tama & Friends Coin Bank - $15 (we're not sure yet)
lots of leftover stationary - all for $1
Fabric - Between $5 to $20
Lots of old promo magazines (ie: TokyoPop) - free
Jars (the ones used to put paper wishing stars in) - $1 to $5
Final Fantasy VIII Squall & Rinoa "I Promise" Wall Scroll - $20

I'll update when I find more stuff

abcbadcat

Quote from: idontknow on May 09, 2009, 12:07:52 PM

Plushies (mostly Pokemon, Avatar, Disney) - $5

iDog - $5

Tama & Friends Coin Bank - $15 (we're not sure yet)

lots of leftover stationary - all for $1

I'll update when I find more stuff

I'll probably take you up on that iDog

What color and are the speakers blown or any thing broken on it?

Kimiko

Hmm I can't remember prices off hand as I already priced everything and have it all packed up and ready to go, but here's some of what I have to sell:

~ Sera Myu (Sailormoon musical) VHS tapes. Pretty rare and hard to come by. Also have a couple of the CDs.
~ Various manga
~ lots of Hello! Project cds and anime cds
~ wigs!
~ cosplay stuff
~ various anime dvds

I was aso lwondering if anyone is interested in  robotech art books, dragonlance books, d&d books?? They are my hubbys, but he doesn't want them anymore. Just wondering if there is a fanbase out there for that stuff.
2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Rozen Maiden ~ Hina Ichigo
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi

Eurobeat King

Quote from: Kimiko on May 09, 2009, 10:55:38 PM
I was aso lwondering if anyone is interested in  robotech art books, dragonlance books, d&d books??

I brought all my D&D and Dragonlance books last year, and the only thing that sold were the good books (mainly the Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, Monster Manual 1 & 2, Fiend Folio, and Deities & Demigods)  everything else didn't move.  If you have these books, you'll probably find people who might want those.

I decided to leave my D&D & Dragonlance Modules, Traps Books, and even the non-mainstream RPG books (TMNT, MekTon, etc.) at home since I think I have enough to sell for this year.  :)
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

Kimiko

2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi

Melonfairy

Quote from: Kimiko on May 09, 2009, 10:55:38 PM
Hmm I can't remember prices off hand as I already priced everything and have it all packed up and ready to go, but here's some of what I have to sell:

~ Sera Myu (Sailormoon musical) VHS tapes. Pretty rare and hard to come by. Also have a couple of the CDs.
~ Various manga
~ lots of Hello! Project cds and anime cds
~ wigs!
~ cosplay stuff
~ various anime dvds

I was aso lwondering if anyone is interested in  robotech art books, dragonlance books, d&d books?? They are my hubbys, but he doesn't want them anymore. Just wondering if there is a fanbase out there for that stuff.

Wigs? Sweet! When will you be there? Thursday or Friday? 8D
Like my Avatar? Check out my DA for plushies, charms, and more: http://kisekinosekai.deviantart.com/

Kimiko

I'll be selling on Thursday for sure all night and possibly Friday. I AM signed up for Friday, but we'll see.
2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi

Zero_Kirby

I'm selling Prinny (PSP) with all stuff in the box and it mint also. Make me a offer

redroses3164

My friend (who has a bunch of pics I have yet to upload) has a list of all the stuff he is selling since he's sharing a space with me. This is the unedited version of the list and you can see how trivially dumb he can be (the numbers correspond with the name of the picture on my computer):
img 0712
Samurai Deeper Kyo volume 3 4 7-12,
First three Orphen DVD,
Rurouni kenshin DVD
2 3 4 trigun DVD
Complete VHS Tenchi Muyo Series
IMG_713  TENCHI MUYO POSTER
714  RANDOM SUMO CALENDER
715 RANDOM BISHOUNEN POSTER (Ladies?)
716 RANMA ½ POSTER
717   PRINCE OF TENNIS POSTER/CALENDER
718   GACKT  Poster(Girly Man)
719   GACKT POSTER (Femme Boy)
720   QUATRE WINNER (Gundam Wing) Poster
721   POT POSTER/CALENDER
722   PoT POSTER NESS
723   COWBOY BEBOP POSTER
724   GOTTA CATCH EM ALL POSTER
725   Gundam Wing, Cowboy Bebop, Tenchi Muyo cel art books. + omake book
726   GACKTU POSTER
727   LUCY (I have no idea!...Ladies?) POSTER
728   TRANSEXUAL POSTER ....CARS
729   DUEL JEWEL POSTER
730   Possibly popular angsty teen band POSTER
733WEIISSS KRUEEEZZZZ  (Sailor Scouts) POSTER
734  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ POSTER
735   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
737     WBOY BEBOP POSTER
738    POOOOKKKEEEEEEMOOOOOONNNN POSTER
739     Card Captor Sakura POSTER
740     Four FMA mini pencil boards
741     Nearly new untouched pieces gundam
742     DRAGONS Baseball team wallscroll
743     TIGERS Baseball team wallscroll
744     HALF A NARUTO CALENDER  (Take it.. Please)
745     R.O.D. 1-4  Pastel 1-6 Rebirth 2.4-11, 13,16
746     Ragnarok 1-10 MAR 2-6, 13  assorted .hack books Yakitate Japan 2,3,8
747     Random Japanese Books!
748    Assorted Manga ENGRISH
749     JAPANESE MANGA PUBLISHING BOOKS
751  STUFF
752 DISNEY ATTACKS JAPAN
753 RAVE FIGURE COLLECTION
754   HAMTARO
755   WILD ARMSFIGURES
757    WILD ARMS FIGURE INFOZ
758    DISGAEA ACTION FIGURES
759    SAKURA WARS FIGURES
761 SAKURA WARS INFO
762   BLACK CAT FIGURES
763   ASSORTED
764   ASSORED (MOAR)
765   BLEACH FIGURES
766   Studio Ghibli Puzzle(2) and 1 other random puzzle.  1 half built gundam and one Parts Still Wrapped.

Sorry for the uber long post. It really is copy-pasted from a word doc he sent me. I will have pictures up soonish and post/edit this post again. I should include my list too but I'm lazy (hopefully I can get over this haha).

LordKefka

I have a few things to sell but I'm not sure I'm completely able to get a spot..

Anyways, I have mainly DVDs.

I'll be having Manga for $4 a piece or 3 for $10 or 7 for $20 or 15 for $40.

Stellvia vols 1-8 with the limited edition metal container for $50 (can take maybe a reasonable offer if needed)
The Twelve Kingdoms LE edition that has episodes 1-20 or something, still unopened for $30 ( can also take offers if needed)
Vandread vols 1-8 with the collector's box for $50 ( reasonable offers please)
Evangelion Platinum vols 1-8 for $50 <- non thinpack one ( reasonable offers please)
Excel Saga vols 1-6 complete box set for $35 (or maybe reasonable offers)
Marmalade Boy first boxset collection out of 4 of them for $20 (or maybe reasonable offers)
FLCL vols 1-3 with the collectors box for $60. The box is a bit damage from a sticker that was on the front of the box. This is super rare and I won't take anything lower.
Appleseed the new one with collectors metal box for $10

Anyways, yeah. I don't NEED money but doesn't hurt to have a few extra bucks in the pocket..
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Roguethe

I have a few things I want to sell. For the most part, I'll be selling at around 50% original price.
1-4 Hellsing DVDs: $7-$12
Tenjou Tenge vol.1 UMD: $7
PSP and games: Varies
FanPlusFriend Sailor Summer dress: $45
Lolita Peacoat: $30
Lolita Blazer: $35
Various Asuka Langley(Evangelion) figurines: $ varies
Gendou figure: $4
Various Bleach Figures and plushies: $varies
Gaia T-shirts: $10
Anime T-shirts: $7
Momiji backPac: $12
Posters if they're not too messed up: $3
Simca Air Gear figure: $4
Panda Shirt: $8
Panda cosplay shirt: $15
Anime Magazines: $2-$4
Comickers and How To Draw books: $5-$7
Huge Fan and possibly Katana's if able to pass in for sale.
ect-ect. We'll see. I can't wait.
C:
This will be my first time, So I'll most likely end up haggling these prices.
:o

I draw sometimessss

Nina Star 9

Quote from: Rogue-Ayanami on May 11, 2009, 01:42:35 AM
Is this the Meta replica one? The one with the crest on the front, the circle skirt, the stipes on the bottom/around the top of the bodice, etc.? If so, what colour is it and which day(s) will you be there?

That's a pretty good price for the dress, and if it is the one I'm thinking of, I was going to make a replica of it anyway, so...

Also, does anyone have any volumes of Kitchen Princess? I'm mostly looking for the last few (I think I stopped at volume 10), but any others would be fine. I'm also considering buying some Parakiss volumes, as it is my favourite manga and all and I don't own any of it...

Roguethe

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on May 11, 2009, 11:20:12 AM
Is this the Meta replica one? The one with the crest on the front, the circle skirt, the stipes on the bottom/around the top of the bodice, etc.? If so, what colour is it and which day(s) will you be there?

That's a pretty good price for the dress, and if it is the one I'm thinking of, I was going to make a replica of it anyway, so...

Also, does anyone have any volumes of Kitchen Princess? I'm mostly looking for the last few (I think I stopped at volume 10), but any others would be fine. I'm also considering buying some Parakiss volumes, as it is my favourite manga and all and I don't own any of it...
Yep, that's the one. It comes with a belt to adjust the waist with.
I have the sky blue version.
I'll be there friday

I draw sometimessss

Nina Star 9

I was really hoping for the white one, but if it's in my size (I'm an 8 according to their measurement chart) then I'll still take a look at it.

Thanks for the info. :D

Keys

and possibly Katana's if able to pass in for sale.
Please no weapons at swap meet. :)

Once everyone else is settled, I'll have pencil boards, manga, doujinshi, and some odds and ends myself.