WTB Various iBook G4 parts.

Started by Mizuki, May 09, 2009, 01:07:11 AM

Mizuki

Hi, I recently received a used iBook G4 (model # a1134) and I'm just looking for various parts.

Keyboard
Memory
Battery

I really don't want to dish out too much money for this. This is just for people who just want to get rid of these things instead of making a quick buck. I'm willing to pay pretty much just for shipping, maybe a bit more for the battery if it's in nice working condition.

G.I.R

Quote from: Mizuki on May 09, 2009, 01:07:11 AM
Hi, I recently received a used iBook G4 (model # a1134) and I'm just looking for various parts.

Keyboard
Memory
Battery

I really don't want to dish out too much money for this. This is just for people who just want to get rid of these things instead of making a quick buck. I'm willing to pay pretty much just for shipping, maybe a bit more for the battery if it's in nice working condition.

I'll have to check, but I may have some memory.

A far as the battery and keyboard, a friend of mine has a dead G3 ibook (12 in.)  Maybe he'll part with them.  I'll have to the specs on your model.  Is it a 12" or 14" screen?

If all else fails, try these vendors:

http://www.welovemacs.com/  (they're in Santa Clara)
http://www.macsales.com/

And you can get BTI replacement batteries at Fry's or Microcenter.

Edit:  Oops!  It's a real late model, I don't have any PC 2700 or 3200 SODIMMs, and the Batteries would be the wrong ones.  Sorry.  But you did get a real nice machine there.  I have one of the previous models (12").

Mizuki

Quote from: G.I.R on May 09, 2009, 01:20:40 AM
Quote from: Mizuki on May 09, 2009, 01:07:11 AM

Keyboard
Memory
Battery

I'll have to check, but I may have some memory.

A far as the battery and keyboard, a friend of mine has a dead G3 ibook (12 in.)  Maybe he'll part with them.  I'll have to the specs on your model.  Is it a 12" or 14" screen?

If all else fails, try these vendors:

http://www.welovemacs.com/  (they're in Santa Clara)
http://www.macsales.com/

And you can get BTI replacement batteries at Fry's or Microcenter.

Edit:  Oops!  It's a real late model, I don't have any PC 2700 or 3200 SODIMMs, and the Batteries would be the wrong ones.  Sorry.  But you did get a real nice machine there.  I have one of the previous models (12").

Ah, okay, thanks anyways.

Tetsuo9999

I'm not too mac-savvy, but I think we have some iMac keyboard lying around.

LordKefka

Can't you find some off Ebay for cheap? That or you can always try the Oakland flea market near Laney college.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Mizuki

Quote from: Tetsuo9999 on May 09, 2009, 12:30:49 PM
I'm not too mac-savvy, but I think we have some iMac keyboard lying around.

Cool, give me a heads up

Quote from: LordKefka on May 09, 2009, 12:43:11 PM
Can't you find some off Ebay for cheap? That or you can always try the Oakland flea market near Laney college.

Yeah, I was thinking about that, but if I can find one locally that would help me so much more than online.

Quote from: G.I.R on May 09, 2009, 12:48:40 PM
Check this out:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Mac-Power-Book-G4-133-GHz-Aluminum-A1010-4778600.html

Hmm, I'll keep an eye on it, thanks.

I'm still open to offer guys, I'd like to have this iBook complete before Fanime so I can use this for Maid Cafe stuff.

Steve.Young

if you need 4 gigs DDR2 800 memory, i got a few packs unopened.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

AmazingKenchan

I might also have some leftover memory, I'll check what I took out of my old notebook.
2004-2005 Logistics Staff
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

lyricaldanichan

You might want to check weird stuff in Sunnyvale. They
Have all sorts of old computer parts etc. 

Mizuki

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on May 10, 2009, 11:13:49 PM

My dad checked for me other day, nothing for my iBook. Thanks though. And what are the offers on the memory? I don't know how much I can slap in here.

Steve.Young

Well I have a 2gig desktop kit...ddr2800...1gig sticks (Desktop)

I also have 4 gigsddr800 laptop memory.

Whatever you need I probably have haha.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

G.I.R

Quote from: Mizuki on May 11, 2009, 02:00:25 AM
Quote from: lyricaldanichan on May 10, 2009, 11:13:49 PM

My dad checked for me other day, nothing for my iBook. Thanks though. And what are the offers on the memory? I don't know how much I can slap in here.
Up to 1.5Gb.  Add a 1 Gb PC3200 SODIMM in addition to 512Mb on the motheboard.

otakuapprentice

I might also be in the same boat, since I'm looking at a PowerBook G4(model # A1010) in auction ATM. If I get it, I would be looking for:
battery
hard drive(not sure what the max. is that I would be able to put in it)
memory

If anyone also knows where I would be able to pick up a copy of OS X for around $100(or less), that would help, too.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

G.I.R

Quote from: otakuapprentice on May 11, 2009, 04:30:38 PM
I might also be in the same boat, since I'm looking at a PowerBook G4(model # A1010) in auction ATM. If I get it, I would be looking for:
battery
memory

If anyone also knows where I would be able to pick up a copy of OS X for around $100(or less), that would help, too.

Batteries, same places I recommended for the iBook.
HD,  Up to the largest 2.5" ATA drive you can find.
Memory varies by model (from PC133 to PC 4200, usually 2 SODIMM slots, no memery on the board)

OSX:  Try Other World Computers.
         If your willing to put out a few bucks more, you can get OS X 10.5, iLife 09, and iWork 09  packaged together at
         a good discount.

lyricaldanichan

Ebay for OS X 10.4 (Tiger) if your G4 does not have 867MHz or faster.

If you guys qualify, I totally recommend upgrading to 10.5 (Leopard).

http://www.apple.com/macosx

Unfortunately 10.6 is not going to work with PowerPC models (g3-g5)

If you guys have the serial number to your computer (by clicking on  -> About this Mac, click on the word version twice for the serial) , you can check the stats

http://support.apple.com/specs/ -> type in the serial on the support search bar.

Quote from: otakuapprentice on May 11, 2009, 04:30:38 PM
battery
memory

Mizuki

Thanks for the help everyone, but I've gathered parts and a new OS disk from various sources (family friends etc.)