How to Get Tickets to Concerts...

Started by Shinigamiyoko, May 14, 2009, 01:34:55 PM

Shinigamiyoko

I'm busy freaking out over my first time at Fanime, so I have a few n00b questions I'd like to get out of the way ^_^;;

1. How do we get into the concerts in the Extravanganzas Civic Auditorium? I'm specifically interested in a really good seat for the Halko Momoi concert on Sunday, and I'm not sure whether I should be waiting in line somewhere else, and earlier (Kind of like Anime Expo's 2008 system) for a ticket, or if I should just get in line at the Auditorium itself.

2. Where is the Civic Auditorium? I assume once I get there it will be blatantly obvious and I will hang my head in extreme shame for having asked such a question, but as far as I can tell, on the map included with the Pocket Schedule, it's not listed.

3. (I know this should go in the Registration forum, but it's a really silly sounding question that will probably take 3 or 4 words to answer.) Where is Badge Pick Up for One-Day (Sunday) attendees who haven't pre-registered or done early registration? I've heard you definitely need to line up at the con for one-day passes, but skimming over the forums, I haven't been able to find any specifics.

Thank you to anyone who answers... It would make my planning for Fanime a lot less stressful XD

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

jemz

Quote from: Shinigamiyoko on May 14, 2009, 01:34:55 PM
I'm busy freaking out over my first time at Fanime, so I have a few n00b questions I'd like to get out of the way ^_^;;

1. How do we get into the concerts in the Extravanganzas Civic Auditorium? I'm specifically interested in a really good seat for the Halko Momoi concert on Sunday, and I'm not sure whether I should be waiting in line somewhere else, and earlier (Kind of like Anime Expo's 2008 system) for a ticket, or if I should just get in line at the Auditorium itself.

2. Where is the Civic Auditorium? I assume once I get there it will be blatantly obvious and I will hang my head in extreme shame for having asked such a question, but as far as I can tell, on the map included with the Pocket Schedule, it's not listed.

3. (I know this should go in the Registration forum, but it's a really silly sounding question that will probably take 3 or 4 words to answer.) Where is Badge Pick Up for One-Day (Sunday) attendees who haven't pre-registered or done early registration? I've heard you definitely need to line up at the con for one-day passes, but skimming over the forums, I haven't been able to find any specifics.

Thank you to anyone who answers... It would make my planning for Fanime a lot less stressful XD

:D No need to freak out! Asking questions is always a good thing.

1. There are no tickets required for any of the events put on by the Extravaganzas Division this year. This includes Black & White Ball, Cosplay Spectacular, and MusicFest.  Depending on what you want to go, it's advised for you to just get in line at the venue (Civic Auditorium for Cosplay Spectacular and MusicFest, the Regency Ballroom at the Fairmont Hotel for Black & White Ball) a little earlier than when doors open if you want a good seat.

2. The Civic Auditorium is across the San Jose Convention Center. Find the big fountain in front and look across the street. It's right there.

3.  Eric's answered this for you. :D

Hope you have a great time with us next week! All of the senior staff are uber excited for next weekend.

HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Shinigamiyoko

XD Thank you very very much jemz and ewu.

Of course, in my panic to figure things out, I also forgot one other question...

4. What items aren't allowed in the Civic Auditorium?
I'm sorry if this was covered in the policies or anything, but I can't seem to find it... T_T

I'm thinking of bringing a large rolling backpack to Fanime, but if it's not allowed into the concert, I'm fine with just carrying my stuff. I usually assume open drinks won't be allowed, and of course, no prop weapons, or any huge props that would get in the way, and no usage of cameras of any sort, but I'm unsure about the size of bags and cameras allowed into the auditorium.

Thanks again, guys!!

tenton

Quote from: Shinigamiyoko on May 14, 2009, 02:54:26 PM
I usually assume open drinks won't be allowed

With a 2.5 hour concert, I would implore the powers that be to allow bottled water/Gatorade if at all possible (at the very least). Her concerts are very energetic; a 30 minute performance can be a good workout and 60 minutes can be tiring. 150 minutes with the band could be faint-inducing for some.  ;D 8)

jemz

XD Thank you very very much jemz and ewu.

Of course, in my panic to figure things out, I also forgot one other question...

4. What items aren't allowed in the Civic Auditorium?
I'm sorry if this was covered in the policies or anything, but I can't seem to find it... T_T

I'm thinking of bringing a large rolling backpack to Fanime, but if it's not allowed into the concert, I'm fine with just carrying my stuff. I usually assume open drinks won't be allowed, and of course, no prop weapons, or any huge props that would get in the way, and no usage of cameras of any sort, but I'm unsure about the size of bags and cameras allowed into the auditorium.

Thanks again, guys!!

I don't recommend bringing in your rolling backpack into the civic simply because of the space issue. If there are 3,000 other fans at the concert with you, having your backpack may limit how much space you have in your seat.

Momoi-san does allow photo/video capture but no flash photography, so we are currently not checking for cameras.

Quote from: tenton on May 14, 2009, 03:49:40 PM

With a 2.5 hour concert, I would implore the powers that be to allow bottled water/Gatorade if at all possible (at the very least). Her concerts are very energetic; a 30 minute performance can be a good workout and 60 minutes can be tiring. 150 minutes with the band could be faint-inducing for some.  ;D 8)

The Civic will also be selling food and drinks during her concert. If you get thirsty, you can always buy a bottle of water or maybe a quick bite to eat.

The 2.5 hour concert includes an opening band.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Shinigamiyoko

Quote from: jemz on May 14, 2009, 04:10:01 PM

Momoi-san does allow photo/video capture but no flash photography, so we are currently not checking for cameras.
[/color]

Quote from: tenton on May 14, 2009, 03:49:40 PM

The Civic will also be selling food and drinks during her concert. If you get thirsty, you can always buy a bottle of water or maybe a quick bite to eat.

XD I'm really kind of very excited Momoi is allowing video and camera shots!
-I'll have to remember to save at least a little money for drinks then... At AX '07 I was sweating by the end of the concert, and I wasn't even doing any of the organized calls.
-I'm good with carrying my stuff around too.
-I'm kind of excited as to who the opening band is...

I think that's it for the questions then, thank you once again jemz and ewu ^_^

I hope to see you at the concert, tenton!! I'm actually so excited that last night, I couldn't sleep for a few hours orz...

tenton

For standard concert lighting, most cameras won't get a good picture (it'll be blurry). So, unless you've got a low light monster (and if you're not sure if you have one, you don't.  ;D ), the pictures won't be so good without flash. So instead of getting blurry pictures, just concentrate on jumping and cheering and put the cameras down. :D

Meirin

..How much would these food and beverage items cost? Would I be allowed to bring my own water bottle?
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

SukieNeko

Quote from: tenton on May 15, 2009, 11:43:07 AM

For standard concert lighting, most cameras won't get a good picture (it'll be blurry). So, unless you've got a low light monster (and if you're not sure if you have one, you don't.  ;D ), the pictures won't be so good without flash. So instead of getting blurry pictures, just concentrate on jumping and cheering and put the cameras down. :D

Also, most of the time pictures will end up on line the week after fanime. I don't even bring a camera because all the pictures that I could want from fanime are taken by other people.

I'm so glad there aren't any tickets required this year for events. last year's Gainax event was really cool, but I was worrying about getting a ticket for it all weekend, ended up getting one that Sunday though ^_^.

boots01

Quote from: Meirin on May 15, 2009, 07:44:31 PM
..How much would these food and beverage items cost? Would I be allowed to bring my own water bottle?
The food and beverages were reasonably priced last year and I would expect the same this year.  Figure around $5 for some nachos, maybe a little less for garlic fries (they ran out last year >.<) and drinks were fountain style for about $3 or so.  Obviously with the economy as it is, the prices may have changed, but the Civic understands that most of our attendees tend to be on a budget and don't have a lot of undedicated funds.
-Eugene
2001 Video Programming Staffer
2002 Acting Video Programming Head
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2010 Yamaga Party Coordinator
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

so much anime to watch, so little time