When did online registration close? (Now a Thursday question)

Started by Polysynchronicity, May 15, 2009, 06:21:51 PM

Polysynchronicity

Hey.

I just went to the registration page since my paycheck arrived and I could finally afford to register.

Unfortunately it seems that online registrations are no longer accepted and I have to register on-site on Friday.

Now, normally I wouldn't be too annoyed about this, but I'm travelling with a group of friends who will be arriving on Thursday. I'm a bit annoyed that not only was there no clear date posted on the page for when online registration was closing (or if there was, it wasn't obvious when I looked at the page last week), and that there seems to be no way for me to be with my friends for the Thursday events.

So, when did online registration close, so I can avoid this for next time? And is there any way for me to still go to the Thursday events with the rest of my group instead of getting stuck by myself at the hotel?

Trumby

Straight from the registration page:
Early registration is scheduled to close at 11:59PM PDT on May 10, 2009. Once that time has passed, people will only be able to purchase memberships by standing in line at the convention.
Fanime cosplays (if I can make it..!)
Snowtrooper (Star Wars)
Greed (FMA)
Random pirate
Kurosaki Isshin (working on it now)

ewu

it was initially set to close on the 8th, but we extended it to the 10th.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Polysynchronicity

Thanks. May I suggest that that be made larger and bolder next time? :P

In any case, is there still any chance of getting in on Thursday, or am I basically screwed and forced to sit in the hotel room while everyone else is at the events?

ewu

Your opportunity to reg Thursday ended at the end of March. Beyond March 31st was early reg and you may only pick that up on Friday. Thursday night, I am certain that if you head down to the concourse there will be stuff to do. Stage Zero is starting programming early and look around for more stuff open to you. Check our schedule for more info.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Polysynchronicity

Quote from: ewu on May 15, 2009, 07:30:05 PM
Your opportunity to reg Thursday ended at the end of March. Beyond March 31st was early reg and you may only pick that up on Friday. Thursday night, I am certain that if you head down to the concourse there will be stuff to do. Stage Zero is starting programming early and look around for more stuff open to you. Check our schedule for more info.

Thank you.

Emmychan

I registered early enough for pre-reg, but I didn't pay right away.  Now I can't pay online, so I'll have to pay at the con.  Will I still be paying $45 because I registered early, or will I have to pay the $60?  Also, which line do I stand in?  I can't print out a receipt.

Mordyan

Quote from: Emmychan on May 20, 2009, 10:37:39 PM
I registered early enough for pre-reg, but I didn't pay right away.  Now I can't pay online, so I'll have to pay at the con.  Will I still be paying $45 because I registered early, or will I have to pay the $60?  Also, which line do I stand in?  I can't print out a receipt.
I saw this answer in another thread:
Quote from: ewu on May 19, 2009, 11:50:14 AM
all unpaid registrations are purged after early registration closed on the 10th.

Sorry, but you will need to come and register at con.
Which means you cannot pickup a badge Thursday night. And you will need to go in the at-con registration line.  :(