Meeting of the byo/b survivors

Started by Glitch, May 19, 2009, 09:02:19 AM

Glitch

*Knocks judge gavel on glass table. Breaks glass and hides gavel.* Ladies and gentlemen. This meeting of us victims who had to vacate our homes in byo/b has come to order. Fanime has told us that this disaster was due to volcanic activity, but we have reason to believe it is a cover up for something worse. It is very likely someone purposely attacked our homeland. We are through the looking glass people. *dramatic music.* Any opinions or further information anybody else would to share? *sips dr. pepper.*

sysadmin

It was completely a volcano.
There was activity right next to byo/b/ for months.

Well, as the for the future, it's hard to say.
It probably won't ever come back in its raw form.
Looking over the posts, it's hard to really justify the hateful parts of it.
Lest we forget, a lot of people do visit these forums.

Really, it comes down to the amount of oversight I'd need to do, and I got a lot of reports from byo/b/
Even if I felt that it would be safe enough to have another byo/b/, the idea doesn't sit too well.
Though, it would be strange to at least not preserve the caturday pictures.
Unmoderated forums are just too risky to have.
Rules are there for a reason; to keep things from getting out of control.
Next time I work on the forums, I'll have to think longer about the rules in place.

G.I.R

There were a lot of topics worth saving that were active.  Couldn't they have been moved instead of a wholesale closing of the sub forum?

Jerry

we could always start a new lolcat refugee camp.

as for the drama of the /b/ its time has come and pass.

heck even i need to grow up and leave high school. - we ALL do. :P

cant we instead um, like start a water cooler like subforum?

its sorta like gossip but of course with respect rules and regulations. but allows us to have some dirty/guter minded and sometimes insultive humor but keep a lid on things from going to drama-town/bat-$hit crazy.

would that idea appease the /b/ refugee and those of the forum community that want to cut down on the insults and hard feelings and flaming insults here on the boards?

see even sometimes i have a bright idea once in a while :)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

G.I.R

Quote from: Jerry on May 19, 2009, 12:54:14 PM

Done:  http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12395.0.html

But the posts in the topics are gone now.  Many of those were real gems.

Runewitt

Quote from: Jerry on May 19, 2009, 12:54:14 PM

as for the drama of the /b/ its time has come and pass.

heck even i need to grow up and leave high school. - we ALL do. :P

cant we instead um, like start a water cooler like subforum?

its sorta like gossip but of course with respect rules and regulations. but allows us to have some dirty/guter minded and sometimes insultive humor but keep a lid on things from going to drama-town/bat-$hit crazy.

would that idea appease the /b/ refugee and those of the forum community that want to cut down on the insults and hard feelings and flaming insults here on the boards?

see even sometimes i have a bright idea once in a while :)
Jerry, i like the way you think. i'd like to second this motion.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Glitch

What!? This was supposed to be a funny,joke take on the situation. *bangs gavel.*
To add to what others have just said, byob was pretty us just messing around with simpsons quotes,cat pics and blaming Ax. Then all of sudden drama flooded in. So to me it was made up of two parts. One which I think didn't have to be erased because of the other. But for now I'll find ways to sneak my topics into other parts. XD

G.I.R

Quote from: Glitch on May 19, 2009, 01:04:27 PM
What!? This was supposed to be a funny,joke take on the situation. *bangs gavel.*
To add to what others have just said, byob was pretty us just messing around with simpsons quotes,cat pics and blaming Ax. Then all of sudden drama flooded in. So to me it was made up of two parts. One which I think didn't have to be erased because of the other. But for now I'll find ways to sneak my topics into other parts. XD
Quoted for the Awful Truth.

I blame AX for growing The Corn that Ruined our Fun, and a  lolcat nomnomnomed.  You must Respect mah athoitah, because Lisa needs Braces!
It Seems Today that what this board needs Is Now for something Completely different.  There Sure Seems to be a Lot of Cat pictures here and  This Topic is Made of Fail.

Good Morning USA!

Kandybar

I wasn't quite done discussing the evils of pie...

Liquid

Quote from: G.I.R on May 19, 2009, 01:18:06 PM
Quoted for the Awful Truth.

I blame AX for growing The Corn that Ruined our Fun, and a  lolcat nomnomnomed.  You must Respect mah athoitah, because Lisa needs Braces!
It Seems Today that what this board needs Is Now for something Completely different.  There Sure Seems to be a Lot of Cat pictures here and  This Topic is Made of Fail.

Good Morning USA!

lmao G.I.R. - nicely done sir! (You too Glitch.)

We basically just need a randomness forum. A forum with no plot in which is "loosely" moderated by someone without a power hungry stick up their butt. (Thinking maybe Ewu or someone like him. Hell, I'd do it, but I wouldn't be able to mod picture content because my work blocks most of the sites that host them.)

I believe that all of the non-flame topics should be restored to that particular new forum.

Potential Names:

Refugees of Pompai
The Watercooler
Randomness
Refugee Camp
Camelot
Dormant Volcano
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

XpHoBiaX

*passes around Happy Cakes*

I think a Random Things in the Universe forum should be made....keep the theme going and all. O_o

Main forum:
All Things in the Universe
Child Forums:
Things in the Universe
Random Things in the Random Universe
Happy Things in the Happy Universe

And they can all coincide with each other...like one big sectioned off playground.

Maybe I shouldn't offer up anymore ideas...

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

sysadmin

One which I think didn't have to be erased because of the other.

Did I say they were erased?
Everyone thinks they're gone forever, but it's simply not true.
Never would I really up and delete things that I thought had redeeming value.
Then again, there was a lot that was pretty negative
After the convention, you'll see some more of my plans
Look around, you may already see hints of those plans in this very thread.

Perhaps I'll should say more now.  But cryptic is fun.
Lately, I've been focused on other stuff, so I can't devote as much energy into managing the drama.
Although if there was a magical way to get rid of drama, I'd do it.
Nevertheless, just relax and focus on the con.  The forums will continue to be their random place in due time

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Liquid on May 19, 2009, 02:59:35 PM
We basically just need a randomness forum. A forum with no plot in which is "loosely" moderated by someone without a power hungry stick up their butt.
*raises hand for nomination*
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

XpHoBiaX

otakuapprentice:
That would be awesome. X3 Join me in TitU!!! @___@
lol

2010 cosplay...?

XpHoBiaX

;DI see, says the blind rat. ;D

2010 cosplay...?

Liquid

Quote from: sysadmin on May 19, 2009, 04:06:27 PM
One which I think didn't have to be erased because of the other.

Did I say they were erased?
Everyone thinks they're gone forever, but it's simply not true.
Never would I really up and delete things that I thought had redeeming value.
Then again, there was a lot that was pretty negative
After the convention, you'll see some more of my plans
Look around, you may already see hints of those plans in this very thread.

Perhaps I'll should say more now.  But cryptic is fun.
Lately, I've been focused on other stuff, so I can't devote as much energy into managing the drama.
Although if there was a magical way to get rid of drama, I'd do it.
Nevertheless, just relax and focus on the con.  The forums will continue to be their random place in due time

I think I would like to meet this sysadmin fellow.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff

RaddaX2

It ain't the meaning of life but the feeling of it.

Mizuki

That's me, I'm the watercooler irl

Glitch

Props to you people making lols of this situation. GIR's joke was very well put together. It's fun all over again. (it's as if we were in /b *strange music plays*)
We want our homes back, but I am a patient man and willing to see what the sysadmin does.
*eats happy cake.*

Liquid

Quote from: Glitch on May 20, 2009, 03:08:32 PM
Props to you people making lols of this situation. GIR's joke was very well put together. It's fun all over again. (it's as if we were in /b *strange music plays*)
We want our homes back, but I am a patient man and willing to see what the sysadmin does.
*eats happy cake.*

Basically we all had home loans for property in /b. The banks went to crap and our loans went under. We lost our homes. Sysadmin is our Obama. We will never have our original homes back, but who knows...maybe the new one will be better?
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff