2010 Pre-registration

Started by hooded-unknown, May 23, 2009, 02:20:07 PM

hooded-unknown

I believe in previous years, people were able to make an early pre-reg for the next year on the days of the con? I remember seeing a way cheaper price around this time for the following years' con, then the price goes up until November or December (somewhere around that time), then the price goes up again until March or so. Can anyone help me with this? I want to pre-register for next year's con and if possible, the Artist Alley as well.

Thanks!

Kandybar

If it happens, it'll be on Monday.

Saeko

I know that the pre-registration was available during the con today, but does anyone know when we could pre-register online?
Soon? :'D

Barnes

It was $40 today for all the days of 2010. And yes, I pre-registered already.
Lol, $10 a day.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Saeko

Quote from: Barnes on May 25, 2009, 08:16:12 PM
Lol, $10 a day.

Is that price going to be the same for when it gets online? :[

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Saeko on May 25, 2009, 08:12:44 PM
I know that the pre-registration was available during the con today, but does anyone know when we could pre-register online?
My best guess would be sometime later this year, like September or so.

Quote from: Saeko on May 25, 2009, 08:22:27 PM
Lol, $10 a day.

Nope. As in previous years, it will be a little higher when it goes online.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Saeko

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 25, 2009, 08:23:29 PM
Quote from: Saeko on May 25, 2009, 08:12:44 PM
My best guess would be sometime later this year, like September or so.

Quote from: Saeko on May 25, 2009, 08:22:27 PM
Lol, $10 a day.

Nope. As in previous years, it will be a little higher when it goes online.

Ugh. Nooo. Dammittttttt. xD
Oh well, sucks for me.

Thanks though :P

sadistic-otaku

Usually it's only $5 more when they put it online, so it's not that bad

Saeko

Quote from: sadistic-otaku on May 25, 2009, 08:37:06 PM
Usually it's only $5 more when they put it online, so it's not that bad

Oh, awesome!
Hopefully I won't forget when that time comes around xD

chifunii

It won't be up until at least July/August...If I remember correctly. :) I remember the first was $5 more than at-con pre-reg. Last year's at-con pre-reg for 2009 was $35, and it was $40 when it went online.

Expect the same this year, unless we've been [once again] hit by inflation and economic crisis stuff...

Keep your eyes glued to fanime.com!
xD
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

hooded-unknown

Thanks everyone! I wasn't able to pre-reg at the con so I'm looking forward to pre-reg online as soon as it's available. I'm not missing out this time :D

Chun

In the future I think providing hours in the pocket guide (Which was VERY helpful by the way) which Con Pre-Reg is open for next year would be great. I was told they'd be open till 2PM, went down at 1:14, and they were already shut up.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Tsu

Quote from: Chun on May 25, 2009, 10:47:47 PM
In the future I think providing hours in the pocket guide (Which was VERY helpful by the way) which Con Pre-Reg is open for next year would be great. I was told they'd be open till 2PM, went down at 1:14, and they were already shut up.

~Chun

Agreed. The pocket guide was awesome, and adding the reg info would be nice. I've never regged at the con, but I'd heard that it was sometimes in the dealer's room... I didn't see anything. Where was it?
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Dracil

Doh, I knew I forgot to do something. :(

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Chun on May 25, 2009, 10:47:47 PM

~Chun
Our hours for pre-reg for next year is always tentative... originally we wanted to open it at 9am but we opened it at 8-ish am. Reg was supposed to actually close at 12pm... but we had a lot of people trying to register and Kalen is too nice, haha.

Quote from: foester on May 26, 2009, 02:07:49 AM
Agreed. The pocket guide was awesome, and adding the reg info would be nice. I've never regged at the con, but I'd heard that it was sometimes in the dealer's room... I didn't see anything. Where was it?
It is never in the dealer's room... there might be announcements made in artists/or dealer's room, but pre-reg is always somewhere in the registration area, either at pre-reg or somewhere near at-con reg payment booths.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Jiraya

It would be cool to be able to pre-reg like on Sunday as well, or online during or shortly after the Con. Had a great time this year as with previous years.

Good job all!!!

thanks,

SOawesomeness

I think the reason why it's so cheap is because of it's exclusivity to at-Fanime at a certain time. A lot of people miss it and there's not much we can do about it because it's so tentative...

And I think putting it on Sunday would wear out and hella confuse people who wait in different lines. Heck, 2 lines are confusing enough, surprisingly. o.0
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Kamen Rider Tag

Coming to this year was actually a last-minute decision for me; not anymore.  Soon as online reg comes up, I'll be all up on that.

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Kamen Rider Tag on May 26, 2009, 07:11:41 PM
Coming to this year was actually a last-minute decision for me; not anymore.  Soon as online reg comes up, I'll be all up on that.
That is definitely good to hear. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

kanauru

I got there at about 10am or so . The line moved extremely slow. When it was my turn it went through really quick. I think the credit cards seem to slow it down and other mishaps.