2010 Pre-registration

Started by hooded-unknown, May 23, 2009, 02:20:07 PM

SOawesomeness

Quote from: kanauru on May 27, 2009, 12:32:35 AM
I got there at about 10am or so . The line moved extremely slow. When it was my turn it went through really quick. I think the credit cards seem to slow it down and other mishaps.
A lot of people were using credit... and plus, we only had two booths open at the time. We will most definitely look into using more than 2 booths open for 2010.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Barnes

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 27, 2009, 12:33:57 AM
A lot of people were using credit... and plus, we only had two booths open at the time. We will most definitely look into using more than 2 booths open for 2010.

Thank you!
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

ewu

Quote from: Chun on May 25, 2009, 10:47:47 PM
In the future I think providing hours in the pocket guide (Which was VERY helpful by the way) which Con Pre-Reg is open for next year would be great. I was told they'd be open till 2PM, went down at 1:14, and they were already shut up.

~Chun

Pre-reg at the end of con has always been a "loyalty" benefit. If you know about it then you have been to Fanime a few times. We do not offer it as a certainty and only as time and staffing permits. This will not be scheduled and so you just gotta ask on sunday and/or monday.

We were actually scheduled to have 2010 open from 9-12, but kept it open later. The hours of the pre-reg were never announced and so we are sorry that you were misinformed, but whoever did was also misinformed, and misinformed you.

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

OGIGA

Hmm, I was thinking, I only need a badge to go to the panels, dealer/artist/gaming hall, and official event. I guess I don't need a badge if I just wanted to attend gatherings and/or watch anime. *ponders*

Tony

It's called ghosting and is pretty frowned-upon.

Typically if someone is getting into trouble, vandalizing the property, or ruining everyone's fun - it's a person ghosting. I was really surprised to learn that fact this year, but it's true. Consequently we'll be keeping an eye out for people without badges. The SJPD, Convention Center, and hotel staff were all encouraging us to check badges at different places - setting up a wider perimeter - just to keep ghosts out of the "main" areas.

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 27, 2009, 03:30:11 PM
I'm pretty sure you need a badge to get into anime viewing rooms/movie rooms...
There are some exceptions, but generally you don't.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Poof-Aro

I tried to pre-reg monday but I was too late .  . . XP
The rovers said that pre-reg online starts a month after the con. So, late June. And it'll go up $5, so $45 online.
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
Vaporeon
The Black and Silver Steampunk

My Cosplay Page

SOawesomeness

Just to let you know, people sometimes do have wrong information (some said at-con was $65, some said $55.... yannow) so, just wait for official announcements, yo. Cos you don't want to get disappointed if you have wrong info... just putting it out there.

Things change each year. Keep on the lookout.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Nyxyin

Quote from: OGIGA on May 27, 2009, 01:04:15 PMI don't need a badge if I just wanted to attend gatherings and/or watch anime. *ponders*
I saw a rover with a row of chairs that basically blocked the entry between the Hilton and SJCC in the wee hours of Sunday night (or was it Saturday?  the days run together).  I don't know if he would've stopped me if I didn't have my badge, but he did stare at my badge as I went past.

Besides, the money is for a membership, not just entry.  Fanime is "by fans, for fans", and that fee we pay is our share of renting out the convention center, making sure there are enough EMTs and police to keep people safe, wireless Internet, and so on.  If everybody who went for only anime and cosplay gatherings stopped being members, Fanime probably wouldn't be able to afford a gathering space at all.  That fee means we're part of the community and that we support the convention and want it to happen.  Please remember that it's far more than just an entry fee.

konataFTW

definately pre-regging this year reason:

1) I don't wanna wait in line for 2 hours again because I'm missing so much already (I can't believe I missed the Ouran gathering T___T)

2) I want those laminated badges.... >////>

3) I haven't tried cosplaying on Day 0 yet so heck yeah >:3
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

Waterbox

So is there a set date for this Early registration to go online?

SOawesomeness

I'm assuming you mean pre-reg..

It'll be announced on the website... whether we have a date that is set or not doesn't really mean much for you cos we can't announce it ahead of time anyways.

Just keep checking, is all I can say. ^^
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Shinsengumi

Me, my sister, and a couple of friends already pre-reg for Fanime 2010. It's cheaper that way for me to pre-reg at the con than wait until later.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Kero

hi! ummmm.....can anyone tell me how to register for Fanime 2010? it will be my first time going, so im unclear on how to buy a ticket. :) :) :) :) :P

Charis

Quote from: Kero on July 20, 2009, 12:34:09 PM
hi! ummmm.....can anyone tell me how to register for Fanime 2010? it will be my first time going, so im unclear on how to buy a ticket. :) :) :) :) :P

Online pre-reg isn't up just yet, but it'll be announced here and on the Fanime website (and via Twitter, which is my preferred tracking method :D ) when it is.  The online reg is through the Fanime website, and I've found it to be simple and straightforward for the two years I've been going to Fanime.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Kero on July 20, 2009, 12:34:09 PM

=D Not yet. Oh yeah, it's a membership, not a ticket.

yoshitoki

i registered in october for 09s and it was 5$s a day so like 20$ for da hole weekend

Stythys

Quote from: yoshitoki on September 03, 2009, 11:25:33 AM
i registered in october for 09s and it was 5$s a day so like 20$ for da hole weekend

lol, whole weekend is $45 at earliest pre-reg. I think you can get them for $40 if you bought them during the previous con.
"We should not be less than what we are."

jinglebooboo

so i dunno if you can do this yet, but can we pre reg for fanime 2010 now?
if so does anyoen have a link

ewu

no not yet. keep on checking the forums and the main page.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

roth14

Does anyone have a slight idea when it will be out?  ???