Did you lose something at FanimeCon 2009?

Started by XpHoBiaX, May 26, 2009, 02:59:52 PM

sysadmin

Hello,

If you have lost something at the convention, there are a couple of resources to try.

During the convention, Lost and Found items were normally turned over to ConOps.
At the end of the convention, items that were not picked up have been turned over to the Lost and Found team.

• If you have lost something of interest, like a camera or ipod or phone or wallet, contact us at [email protected], with all the details that you can provide.  In particular, if you can give the color, model, etc. that would be helpful.  If it was a camera or a wallet, maybe describe some of the pictures inside of it.  This helps us get to a unique identification.
  • If you have part of a costume, contact us at [email protected].  Please be sure to describe the item in question as best as you can.

• If you can find a picture of a similar item online, please include that with your report.  We can use that as a reference picture.
    • Please assume that we don't know anything about anime.  If you write "I lost something, it looks like Orihime's necklace"; that will not be helpful.
  • As a last resort, if you lost something in your hotel room, you may want to contact the hotel's lost and found department directly.

If you are local, we will try to directly deliver the items.  If you are further away, we'll see if we can mail them out.

I cannot respond to lost and found reports in the thread or via PM; you will need to email them.
If you have questions about Lost and Found, you can reply here.

Sincerely,
Lost and Found team
FanimeCon 2009, [email protected]

(p.s. if you are going to any cons in the future, put a little "this backpack belongs to J. Smith, 123 Main Street, Anytown, CA" card in one of the pockets.  We get a lot of backpacks, purses, and luggage that can't be traced).

XpHoBiaX

FOUND
2 fanime lamenated badges just as I was leaving the Marriot lobby, outside. I have one and my friend has the other. One was found by the door, and I found one on the sidewalk. PM me for more info, my friend and I will mail your lost badge to you.

~XpHoBiaX~

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

dancetolive421

Thank you so much for posting this- i've been freaking out about my camera for a while.  I emailed [email protected] yesterday and have yet to receive a reply- one asap would be incredible.

Thanks again for this post!!

SweetIchigoKisses

Oh my gosh thank you for posting this! I lost my card case and it has my I.D. in it... Its silver and has a hexagonal pattern on the cover. Here is a pic...

It also has a Evergreen Valley College student I.D, Borders Rewards card, Sephora Beauty Insider card, and a Petco P.A.L.S Card inside it.
If anyone knows anything about it please contact me. Thanks.

chifunii

FOUND

A little Nyanko toy with a red mushroom hood on its head.
Found in Dealer's Hall on Monday afternoon.
Please contact me if it's yours.
I can't really mail this little dude to you, but I'll try to work it out if it's yours. :)

EDIT:
It's owner has been found~ Or rather, they've found meee~
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Taylor

I stole a controller.

IT WAS AN ACCIDENT.

I borrowed a gamecube controller and I forgot to return it because it was in my friend's backpack and I didn't find out until tuesday.
Anyway, what should I do? I can't exactly mail the controller, but I would like to return it :).

By the way, I turned in my ID (Brian Lin). I look like I'm in third grade, in case there's several of us.

NxOTO

I lost my heart , and lost the name of the person who stole it.<3 T^T

Kikyo Kina

I know this is probably impossible to find by now, but--

I lost a very small, handmade Axel plushie probably in the vincinity of the artist's alley. I bought it there from a vendor and promptly lost it ; x ;
It was made of felt and had fuzzy red hair...
In case someone's found it, please e-mail me at:

[email protected]

Sora

I lost some Bleach doujinshi, and they're all GinxToushirou. I also lost a plushie heart with black and white checks on one side and flames on a black background on the other, along with my GBA SP (blue).
"Don't give me any orders."

dasale

Anyone find a yugioh deck im missing my evil heros deck it was in a white case with one side that look like a female angle. cards were in red sleeves that had a grl with fire around her.
Why don't you stay where you belong; In my memories!

kyo221

Hello how are you, I lost my black back  and my stuff is gone in this dance party room, my lap top and camera and CD player, PC game control and a bookCD has been stealing, if you found my back pack, reply me amessage back, Thanks.

I also this, here my email is [email protected], Once again, thanks.

slifertheskydragon

hey um...

I was trying to resolve a lost key issue by txting the image of my coworker's copy to a phone number i got from the lost @ fanime email but it's been two weeks and no reply so i emailed again but no reply again for a week.

please help i need that key pretty soon...

orchestrafro

I lost a black Zabuza shirt that I bought in the dealer's hall.  I believe (can't quite remember) that there is also a japanese character in purple as the background.  Size is medium.  PM me if you find it ^^

slifertheskydragon

Quote from: slifertheskydragon on July 15, 2009, 03:03:32 AM
hey um...

I was trying to resolve a lost key issue by txting the image of my coworker's copy to a phone number i got from the lost @ fanime email but it's been two weeks and no reply so i emailed again but no reply again for a week.

please help i need that key pretty soon...

hey i tried emailing again a few weeks ago and still nothing... the person said they found a key that matches the description, but after that... nothing...

Airi

I lost my cell phone charms while walking around on the last day on con

My charms were:
A white rabbit head
2 small turtles, one pink, one green
A Smiling Pasta (Taiwan Drama) Mascot with a :] face
There should be a total of 7 items, but I can't remember them all

I borrowed these from my sister for reference:

Thanks!

narutofan17

My sanity. Wait...I lost that a long time ago. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

sysadmin

Hello,

To all who have sent mail to [email protected] and did not get a reply yet:

I've nudged the people in charge, and they said they would clear out their backlog by this weekend.

Thank you for your patience, and they apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have lost something and have not emailed [email protected], please do so; this thread is mostly unmonitored by the l&f people.

Sincerely,
sysadmin