DCI West Championship @ Stanford (And an after-party of course!)

Started by Dagger-6, June 08, 2009, 11:56:23 AM

Dagger-6

Come cheer on Calvin and Trung as they go do their crazy cool drum thing.

Those of you who don't know Calvin and Trung, Calvin is one of the many loveable huggable heads of Rover staff.  Unless you're one of those crazy shirtless drunks that start fights, in which case he is your worst nightmare, death incarnate, doom and gloom without the hair.  And Trung brings an awesome bean bag chair for the Rover staff to use in between shifts...and I'm sure he does something else during the long hours of the convention, but I'm just distracted by the bean bag chair.

Anyways, yes, you should come check out their drum corps performance dealio.  It's what all the cool kids are doing.  Think you felt out of place when everyone saw Star Trek and you didn't?  Well it'll be like that.

Here's a link to the event information and the ticket purchasing:
http://www.dci.org/schedule/detail.cfm?event=0f92bf83-daaf-4383-9944-db3987dc6058

Cheap seats are $15.  That's right, just $15.   That means if you don't buy starbucks for less than 5 days, and you too could be one of the cool kids that comes to see Calvin kick butt.

Of course, if you can't make it to the field, you can still RSVP to meet up afterwards.  You won't be nearly as cool as the people who go out to see the competition, but you'll still be cool enough to hang out with the cool kids afterwards.

Here's a link tot he facebook event:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=104053395890

And if you don't have facebook, you are either a very strong willed, independent person who has not given in to the social networking phenomenon, and I applaud you.  Or you live under a rock and need to gtfo into the world of the wide wide interwebs already.  :(

It starts Saturday, June 27, 2009 at 6:30pm.  Calvin and Trung will be going on first with the Blue Devils Renegades (on an unrelated sidenote I am very, very dumb) , so show up early.  Otherwise you will cry yourself to sleep at night, slowly wasting away as you are so overcome with regret that you cannot bring yourself to eat or move.  So yeah, be early.

The event will be at Stanford Stadium, which is located at    625 Nelson Road, in....wait for it...Stanford, CA.  Which apparently is near Palo Alto.  Yeah, I did not know that.  I'm kind of slow.  Leave me alone.

The after party should be held at a hotel suite.  And that's how you know it'll be cool.  Because it has 'sweet' in the name.  But where will it be held?  Well the only way you'll know is if you RSVP here!  Or on facebook.  Or PM Calvin (deonchan).

No, I have not had any coffee today.  I'm posting from work, and I am quite bored.

Please don't fire me.

deonchan

pssst Dan Thanks for the plug but I'm a FORMER Blue Devil (I aged out YEARS ago) Trung and I are in the Renegades now
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

XpHoBiaX

I hartz drumcore. My former teachers in percussion and drums were Blue Devils. That was years ago tho....lol

Unfortunately, I probably won't make it.:( Unless I start feeling better and up for travel. If anything, take pics for me!

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Dagger-6

Quote from: deonchan on June 08, 2009, 12:51:43 PM
pssst Dan Thanks for the plug but I'm a FORMER Blue Devil (I aged out YEARS ago) Trung and I are in the Renegades now

Ah, woops, sorry.  I was copying off the stanford website thing. ^^;

WaffoCellist

I'm kinda excited to go to a DCI show this year (I took a hiatus last year from the whole drum corps thing...I guess my wallet needed a break from all the money I kept spending for all the CA shows). 

I won't be there at the after party (I have work the next day), but I'll definitely be there for the show!!!

I'll be cheering for you from the cheap seats!

Then I'll be cheering for my students in SCVC from the cheap seats!

Then when all is done...I must get home and pack up for AX...Ahhh... I love summer. :D

It's a convict...it's a felon...NO! It's a Fanime Logistics Staffer coming your way!!!!

deonchan

Heh. After my show I'll be cheering for my student that joined BDB! And of corse the A corps Woot! Do it up Devils!
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

deonchan

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on June 08, 2009, 02:21:57 PM
I hartz drumcore. My former teachers in percussion and drums were Blue Devils. That was years ago tho....lol

Unfortunately, I probably won't make it.:( Unless I start feeling better and up for travel. If anything, take pics for me!

Feel better soon and come parrrrrrrrrrrty!
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

deonchan

Hey Daniel,

I've been looking @ Hotels and they all seem janky, uber expensive or really far from Stanford. Can ya help me out?
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Dagger-6

I don't know the stanford area that well.  :-\  Sorry.  Anything I look up will probably be the same as yours...googling "hotel stanford" and clicking on whatever pops up.

Jerry

you guys could always try hotwire www.hotwire.com, there's usually REALLY good deals on that site.

the only major drawback is that u wont know exactly where the location is until you book it.

it will give you a general area [a map with highlighted areas] and if you know your area well enough, you'll be able to guesstimate where you think you might end up.

sounds like a party suite to me.

Rock on.  8)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

deonchan

YE-IKES
Had a large chunk of the party goers (for a smart and mature resaon) have to back out of the shindig. Not sure if the party aspect is still gonna go down need to check the numbers

seeing as a $200 hotel suite isn't so sweet w/o ppl to chill with
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

deonchan

So I have had a few ppl in the valley area who want to go but say its too far.

NO WORRIES! Just come say hi @ the Sunday show in closer to home Stockton! lol
Here's the info

Moonlight Classic
Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 5:30 PM
Stockton, CA
Start time: 5:30 PM Official Show Website -http://www.someinc.com/id4.html

* Ticket Information

Tickets on sale NOW! 209-951-6476

* Venue Address

A.A. Stagg Memorial -- University of the Pacific
Stockton, CA 95211

* Performing Corps