3rd Annual - SJ Spirit of Japantown Festival 09-26-2K9

Started by Jidai Geki, August 23, 2009, 05:32:04 PM

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Hmmm.  Parking.  **wakes up earlier than 7AM**  XD

Anyhow, questions for those going to Spirit of Japan, as eGaming co-head, though space is limited, what games would you like to see?
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Kites-kun

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on September 23, 2009, 11:44:08 PM

Anyhow, questions for those going to Spirit of Japan, as eGaming co-head, though space is limited, what games would you like to see?
Do you live in SJ Jonas?
Anyways, how about Naruto? <3
Any are fine!

xXunyuuXx

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on September 23, 2009, 11:36:35 PM
@Unyuu: Ok, I'll do that then. I'll shout your name and act like you're lost or something lol

@Jidai: Oh, that's cool dude. Just look for me wearing a red chobits bag if you see me. Just HOLLA lol

Lool >w<
Hooray!

the otaku god

Hi Everyone,
we will be showing anime in the japaptown school across the street from the buddest temple on 5th and jackson right behind the happy house.

Spirit of Japan Town Festival 2009 Video Room schedule

to name a few titles and amvs as filler

Kids room
10:00am to 6:00pm

Card Captor Sakura Movie 2: The Sealed Card 1 hr 30min (English)
Age Rating: All

Jungle Emperor Leo: The Movie 1hr 40 min (English)
Age Rating: 3 & Up

K-ON! Eps 1-5 2 hrs (subbed in English)
Age Rating: PG

Teenager room
10:00am to 6:00pm

Major the movie : The ball of friendship 1 hr 40 min (subbed in English)
Age Rating: All

Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei eps 1 – 5 2 hrs (subbed in English)
Age Rating: PG-13

07-ghost eps 1-5 2 hrs (subbed in English)
Age Rating: PG-13
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Kites-kun on September 24, 2009, 09:14:35 AM

Do you live in SJ Jonas?
Anyways, how about Naruto? <3
Any are fine!

Nope.  I don't live in San Jose.

Naruto: Ummm...which one?  There's a lot of Naruto games out there.  hehe

lyricaldanichan

Gonna see about going on Saturday, gotta support the community and fanimecon!

PyronIkari

Quote from: the otaku god on September 24, 2009, 07:14:20 PMstuff

Question? Why are you showing K-On in the kids room? It's not exactly a kids cartoon(far from it actually).

And why show Zan for Zetsubou sensei. The series was never released in America, so wouldn't you want to show S1? If they're watching Zan, it assumes the watchers have seen S1/S2/OAVs prior so A LOT of the jokes as well as plot devices will completely go over the heads, to an already incredibly hard to understand series.

Mizuki

K-ON as kids anime... I think you should screen first before throwing stuff up.

In other news, scorching weather reaching 92 degrees to be expected...yay

the otaku god

well lets see here,
k-on in the kids and why
1. k-on is a popular anime and the time we plan on showing it most of the kids will have left (probly 4pm)
2. theres really nothing bad in the ser its a fairly innocent anime like lucky star

Zan for Zetsubou sensei why screen it
main reason the other ser to Zetsubou sensei have been out for a long time already. plus like you said Zetsubou sensei make no sence so what would showing it from the start make any sence for.
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

Mizuki

Quote from: the otaku god on September 25, 2009, 12:33:26 PM
well lets see here,
k-on in the kids and why
1. k-on is a popular anime and the time we plan on showing it most of the kids will have left (probly 4pm)
2. theres really nothing bad in the ser its a fairly innocent anime like lucky star

main reason the other ser to Zetsubou sensei have been out for a long time already. plus like you said Zetsubou sensei make no sence so what would showing it from the start make any sence for.

Here are some things why I feel that it should not be in the kids section, even if kids have left after 4pm. Ep1 has the DMC reference, although it's not particularly bad at all, it already sets the tone that they're making a ref on an anime that shouldn't even be near kids. There's always the popular Mio "exploitation" aka breasts, Sawako's crazy character, and pretty much generally every theme in the show no kid will get (because the moe stuff is generally an older person kind of thing.) I can go on, but I think you should get the point. And for the Zetsubou Sensei, then why show it if no one will get it? Get something else.

PyronIkari

Quote from: the otaku god on September 25, 2009, 12:33:26 PM
well lets see here,
k-on in the kids and why

K-On isn't exactly innocent, but besides that point... it's not geared towards kids in anyway shape or form. The jokes and the appeal are very geared towards older teen men. It's a moe anime, in the same sense that Ichigo Mashimaro is. There's nothing directly bad, as in, there's no violence, sex, or the such... but the humor and mentallity are for an older group.

As for zZetsubou... you realize that you're basically saying. "Well the first series is kinda old, and no one is going to understand it anywas, regardless of what part of it we show, so who gives a damn what the audience watches, nor if they get it, can follow it, or anything at all.

You're telling the audience, you don't give a damn what they think, you don't give a damn what they might enjoy, and are putting up something because "you want to put it up" and for no other reason.

Why even bother showing it at that point? There's 39287429385798436 other things you can show, that the audience might actually understand, or even... enjoy?

the otaku god

Thank you so much for your thoughts and concerns I will put them in to consideration.

PyronIkari

Quote from: the otaku god on September 25, 2009, 03:07:56 PM
Thank you so much for your thoughts and concerns I will put them in to consideration.

Jerry... you ralize I'm friend's with a lot of staff... and posting on facebook about this isn't the most intelligent thing to do.

As for "when to" and when not to... this seemed more apparent that it was a time to.

I'm wondering more why you're so offended that I pointed out how your choices are rather flawed, unless you seem to be realizing that what I said is rather true, you really had no reason to be offended. But whatever.

And no, I'm not going to the fest tomorrow. Jun and I are going to visit my family this weekend. Feel free to take it up with Mizuki. I'm sure he'll take notes for me and he can reppeat it back to me later.

Mizuki

I will say this right here, right now, if this goes on and I have to start deleting posts or I have to lock this topic I will not be happy, as people are trying to get gathering info together, and PyronIkari for once is being nice for once. DON'T MESS THIS UP.

LordKefka

EDIT: There we go
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Mizuki

Good lord, I don't need people adding flames to the non existent fire, grow up. Anything off topic will be deleted.

Also, on topic...

Melty Blood Actress Again.

Jidai Geki

Hey, If everyone dosen't settle down... I'll get >:(

My words may not have much weight here... They may even fall upon deaf ears, but here it goes...

I'm not familiar with K-on or any of the other anime mentioned prior... I really haven't viewed a complete series since '85...  BUT, I don't want a repeat of what happened at last year's festival...  A mother dragged her two young kids out a video room showing Soul Eater... and she was a bit pissed that no one was watching the entrance and allowed her kids to watch the show...  I overheard her complaint (Cos-Play has it's advantages) last year and I did't take this complaint very well because it reflects upon the whole Japantown community. I reminded Chairperson Kathy S. about this 3 months ago, and suggested improvements... I see little/nothing has been done.  Otaku God, is the one overseeing the Video rooms, so he sets the programming...  One questionable video selection will not end the world...  What titles he selects to show reflects his judgement... What is allowed to be shown reflects the Festival Committee's judgement... The rest remains to be seen.

The Spirit of Japantown Festival is supposed to be a family oriented, community sponsored event and should be planned and executed as such... I spend the better part of the day interacting with children, families and tourists... This is what I do for the festival... I challenge others to help do the same in finding ways to give back to the community...

Now, since I've been looking forward to this event since New Years...  I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can... Because, who knows, I can lose my life at any time... And it won't come back like in all your Anime.

Lady_Hoshi

Quote from: shy-cosplayer on September 22, 2009, 10:50:15 PM
I'm definitley going to try and go! If it's warmer, I'll most likely be Yuffie, if not then I'll be yuki sohma or Xion!

=p

Hey I'm going to be cosplaying as Mine, Ayame's assistant.

Quote from: Jidai Geki on September 25, 2009, 08:50:39 PM
Since I've been looking forward to this event since New Years...  I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can.][/b]

Me and Walter are coming.  and maybe Panda and Allan.  Can't wait to see you again!
Fanime Con 2015 Cosplay:
Fri: Unknown
Sat: Unknown
Sat. night: Panda kigurumi
Sun: Queen Nehelenia (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon)
Mon: Unknown

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Mizuki on September 25, 2009, 07:32:11 PMMelty Blood Actress Again.

We'll definitely take a look and see if we have that in our current storage.  Hopefully, we'll be able to display the game during the show.  ^_^

Mizuki

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on September 26, 2009, 12:56:59 AM
Quote from: Mizuki on September 25, 2009, 07:32:11 PMMelty Blood Actress Again.

We'll definitely take a look and see if we have that in our current storage.  Hopefully, we'll be able to display the game during the show.  ^_^

You bringing any ps2 fighters that require ps2 stick? I kinda wanna bring mine, but want some confirmation so I don't lug mine out there for nothing.