3rd Annual - SJ Spirit of Japantown Festival 09-26-2K9

Started by Jidai Geki, August 23, 2009, 05:32:04 PM

Jidai Geki

This is an open invite to all, especially Cos-Players, looking for a place to meet up and do stuff on this day.

Date: Saturday, September 26th, 2009
Time:10am - 5pm
Place: 6th Street and Jackson St., San Jose Nihonmachi
Admission: FREE
Hosted by:Japantown Community Congress of San Jose (JCCsj), City of San Jose, and Various Supporters

Live Entertainment on 3-stages.
Food
Martial Art Demonstrations
Vendors
Art/Craft Exhibits
Import Car Exhibit
Silent Auction
Raffles
Children's Activity Zone

...And much more!

More Info at: http://www.spiritofjapantownfestival.com/

Lady_Hoshi

Fanime Con 2015 Cosplay:
Fri: Unknown
Sat: Unknown
Sat. night: Panda kigurumi
Sun: Queen Nehelenia (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon)
Mon: Unknown

Stythys

"We should not be less than what we are."

xXunyuuXx

Jidai Geki

Last year it rained a little in the morning and put a damper on the festival...  because of it, not too many Cos-Players showed up...  Excluding Animemyu, I counted 12 all together...  I'm hoping for more pleasant weather and a larger showing of Cos-Players this year... More Cos-Player's in attendance shows interest, and with this interest I'm hoping to get the festival planners to do more activities...  I mean aside from FanimeCon's participation in the Children's Activity Zone.

On a related note... I have a question, "Anyone out there (San Jose and neighboring cities) do 'Period' Cos-Play?"

Kertus

Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

Jidai Geki

I'll be volunteering here-and-there at the festival... Especially in the Children's Activity Zone... I won't be able to meetup with any of you, but I'm sure our paths will cross.

I was looking into planning a theatrical cosplay project for this festival, but no one here is interested in 'Period' Cos-Play... Well, there's always next year.

TC X0 Lt 0X

I may go now that I have a temp job and thus will have money.
Ah yes, money.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

mochisnack

Fanime 2013 Lineup *TENTATIVE*
Friday: Irabu Ichirou, Hakaba Kitaro
Saturday: XIAH Junsu "Tarantallegra",Hagane Miku
Sunday: Ciel Phantomhive, Yuzuriha Inori
Monday: Tachibana Mei

BunofGovt

Quote from: Jidai Geki on September 01, 2009, 04:05:35 PM
I'll be volunteering here-and-there at the festival... Especially in the Children's Activity Zone... I won't be able to meetup with any of you, but I'm sure our paths will cross.

I was looking into planning a theatrical cosplay project for this festival, but no one here is interested in 'Period' Cos-Play... Well, there's always next year.

What do you mean by 'Period' cosplay? Do you mean from an anime that is set in a different time period, like feudal Japan as opposed to present day?  e.g., Peacemaker vs Deathnote?  And not fantasy or sci-fi settings?
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Jidai Geki

What do you mean by 'Period' cosplay? Do you mean from an anime that is set in a different time period, like feudal Japan as opposed to present day?  e.g., Peacemaker vs Deathnote?  And not fantasy or sci-fi settings?

'Period' Cos-Play is a seperate category from 'Anime', 'Game' or 'Tokusatsu' Cos-Play.  'Period' (historical) Cos-play is more like the Renaissance Fair.  You can choose to be a historical figure or create your own individual character... and through acting, interact with event visitors.  Characters can be, nobels, warriors, religious worshipers, townspeople, geisha, gamblers, machi-yakko, kabuki-mono... and more.

Jidai Geki

Well, just about one week out from festival day...  The upcoming week is going to be a HOT one.  I keep monitoring the weather forecasts and hope the Hot weather dosen't overlap the festival...

I hope many of you can attend, Cos-Play or not...  Hope is all I can do for now.

cherryteagirl

I'll be there to help out with the mini-FaniMaid Cafe.   ;)

Kites-kun

Barnes

I guess I'll be going, but I don't recognize anyone (in real life) in this thread XD
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

bahamutknightzero

Kazuko

I'll be there working at the maid cafe

Come visit us c: