Model Arrested for Posing Nude in NYC Museum

Started by deonchan, August 27, 2009, 03:48:20 PM

deonchan

Story here.

QuoteKathleen Neill, 26, was busted yesterday among the other classic nudes at the Metropolitan Museum of Art for posing naked.

QuoteShe's the latest project of photographer Zach Hyman, who makes a habit of shooting nude models in public places.

QuoteThe guard in the Arms and Armor gallery explained, "I had to make sure that girl was turned over to the police.

"There were little kids in here watching the whole thing."

Quote"I thought it was cool to juxtapose the nude woman with the art in the room," said Mike Markovich, a tourist from Toronto. "I was surprised by how many people didn't even notice her."

His friend, Elizabeth Epstein, added, "It's fitting that such an art project would happen in a museum in New York City."

Hyman asked, "Why is this wrong? There were thousands of people in the Met today looking at nudes as art, but as soon as there is a real nude, it's a big problem."

So when does art stop being art? Is the US too uptight in the decency laws? Would you have been offended?
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Steve.Young

As a guy, nope. As a dad, nope (If I was bringing my kids to a NUDE art show in the first place, yea you should expect some shit like that).

I think people just overreact when something out of the normal social norms occurs.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Liquid

I would have found it funny, if anything....but overall I agree with Steve's opinion.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

JohnnyAR

Is there something out there in the world that [has no way of offending someone? Is there anything that can't be ruined also?

Virtual

:o

Really This was the first time any of his models got arrested. i am surprising and shocking

Runewitt

Quote from: Steve.Young on August 29, 2009, 04:02:22 AM
As a guy, nope. As a dad, nope (If I was bringing my kids to a NUDE art show in the first place, yea you should expect some shit like that).

I think people just overreact when something out of the normal social norms occurs.

agree'd.

why go somewhere and look at a statue or a painting of a naked person, and get mad when you see an actual person naked int he same situation?
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.