Masquerade Info for 2010 - FINAL UPDATE 5/26/10 *PLEASE LOCK*

Started by angeljibrille, September 20, 2009, 12:30:26 AM

angeljibrille

Quote from: Aishasama on May 13, 2010, 02:01:02 PM
Are "gunshot" sounds okay to use? It would be between dialogue and music and stuff like that, but would it push the PG limit? I don't want to cause commotion with the audience.

This is not a problem; people have done this in the past.

azreale

hi for my skit i have to change super fast from human to centaur mid skit, this only involves me pulling furry pants over my skirt & shorts attaching the body & putting on hooves, but for this i need my sounds prolonged or stopped for a short time. also i'd need the lights seriously dimmed 0r turned off (for illusion)  ???, is this possible?
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Dany

What size would something have to be to be considered a "large prop" and therefore needing approval?  We have a prop (description was added to our profile), but it's dimensions are pretty compact, at least to us and compared to things I've seen onstage previously.

Figured I'd also ask here because I might not be the only one who needs to know :)
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

angeljibrille

Quote from: azreale on May 16, 2010, 04:26:40 PM
hi for my skit i have to change super fast from human to centaur mid skit, this only involves me pulling furry pants over my skirt & shorts attaching the body & putting on hooves, but for this i need my sounds prolonged or stopped for a short time. also i'd need the lights seriously dimmed 0r turned off (for illusion)  ???, is this possible?

1. Show up at check in as early as you can (preferably Friday) and let us know about this.

2. You MUST show up at the Rehearsal for special stuff like this.

3. Let the music guy who takes your CD at checkin know, so he can put a gap in your music.

Thanks!

angeljibrille

Quote from: Dany on May 16, 2010, 05:19:14 PM
What size would something have to be to be considered a "large prop" and therefore needing approval?  We have a prop (description was added to our profile), but it's dimensions are pretty compact, at least to us and compared to things I've seen onstage previously.

Figured I'd also ask here because I might not be the only one who needs to know :)

It's something that:

A. Is difficult to move across the stage.
B. Needs to be stored backstage.
C. Is difficult to move in (like a Gundam costume, etc.)
D. Takes a long time to set up / take down.

PLEASE let us know when you check in at Con if you have something that qualfies.

Dany

Quote from: angeljibrille on May 17, 2010, 12:30:25 AM
Quote from: Dany on May 16, 2010, 05:19:14 PM

It's something that:

A. Is difficult to move across the stage.
B. Needs to be stored backstage.
C. Is difficult to move in (like a Gundam costume, etc.)
D. Takes a long time to set up / take down.

PLEASE let us know when you check in at Con if you have something that qualfies.

I put info on it in our online stuff, and we'll likely be bringing it when we check in (which will be a little before we do craftmanship so we only have to make one trip ;) ). I think it only qualifies for B because while it's not huge, it can't sit in our laps and it could be awkward for someone sitting next to our stage ninja if she held it.

oc3anofdr3ams

Are we allowed to leave and the Masquerade in the middle of the events, and then come back before it's over?

angeljibrille

Quote from: oc3anofdr3ams on May 25, 2010, 02:59:02 AM
Are we allowed to leave and the Masquerade in the middle of the events, and then come back before it's over?

After your skit -- yes :)

oc3anofdr3ams

Quote from: angeljibrille on May 25, 2010, 10:32:13 AM
Quote from: oc3anofdr3ams on May 25, 2010, 02:59:02 AM

After your skit -- yes :)

Awesome!  I'm not performing in a skit but okay!  That works either way.  haha  XD

Beastcub

I just wanted to say that we MIGHT not being doing the masquerade. Epona is so hard to wear that depending on the weather we may just focus on cosplay gatherings (nintendo and zelda) since wearing epona too long really hurts and if its too hot can make my sister really sick if she is in it for more than 30 minutes.

SO for those on the wait list PLEASE do show up at 12pm on saturday because you might get our spot. i would hate for our spot to get wasted...

Dany

Quote from: Beastcub on May 25, 2010, 06:24:01 PM
SO for those on the wait list PLEASE do show up at 12pm on saturday because you might get our spot. i would hate for our spot to get wasted...

With 13 groups on the waiting list, I have highest confidence that your spot, if you vacate it, will be quickly reassigned so no wasting will be had! ;) But yes, I'm sure the difference of getting in or not will be in the "showing up" part!

wolfdaemon

My friend and I have already recorded our audio, but we were wondering what would be the preferred format for when we put it on our CD

angeljibrille

Quote from: wolfdaemon on May 26, 2010, 04:23:59 PM
My friend and I have already recorded our audio, but we were wondering what would be the preferred format for when we put it on our CD

MP3 or CD format :)