XBOX Official UNOFFICIAL FanimeCon 2010 Godzilla Tournament

Started by SukebeStudios, October 14, 2009, 04:10:52 PM

SukebeStudios

Anyone interested in a Tournament of "Godzilla: Save The Earth" for XBOX? If there's a good amount of people, I may include prizes. THe even would take place @ Fanime 2010.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

I just read the topic:

XBOX Fanime Godzilla Tourney

Where exactly is this taking place?  If this is being taken place at eGaming, why weren't we notified about this?  In addition, this should be posted under the official eGaming suggestions box.

I believe this should be in the Live Programming and Events.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

SukebeStudios

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on October 14, 2009, 06:03:10 PM
I just read the topic:

Where exactly is this taking place?  If this is being taken place at eGaming, why weren't we notified about this?  In addition, this should be posted under the official eGaming suggestions box.

Just to clear some things up...

eGaming has nothing to do with this. This is a private tourney being put on by me and SukebeStudios @Fanime, most likely in our room at the Mariott. So...I don't believe that eGaming had to be notified about it at all. And this thread is not a suggestion, but an invitation for people to participate, so it WOULD NOT belong in the "official eGaming Suggestions Box." And since Fanime isn't supporting or sponsering this, why would it need to be put into the Live Programming and Events Sub Forum.

That's all. Just an invitation to a friendly tournament, not a suggestion, and certainly not official.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: SukebeStudios on October 14, 2009, 06:33:34 PM
Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on October 14, 2009, 06:03:10 PM
I just read the topic:

Just to clear some things up...

eGaming has nothing to do with this. This is a private tourney being put on by me and SukebeStudios @Fanime, most likely in our room at the Mariott. So...I don't believe that eGaming had to be notified about it at all. And this thread is not a suggestion, but an invitation for people to participate, so it WOULD NOT belong in the "official eGaming Suggestions Box." And since Fanime isn't supporting or sponsering this, why would it need to be put into the Live Programming and Events Sub Forum.

That's all. Just an invitation to a friendly tournament, not a suggestion, and certainly not official.

Whoops.

To clarify, I would only ask for notification IF it were held at eGaming, hence the "If" part on my previous post.

Since this is unofficial, I'd recommend adding unofficial after the topic name to prevent confusion.  That was why I thought it would belong in the Live and Programming Events.

On-Topic: What would be the rulesets and what day and time?
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

SukebeStudios

Ah, miscommunication. Happens all the time.

As far as the OFFICIAL Unofficial FanimeCon 2010 Godzilla Tournament Rules...

I don't know yet, I'm still working on that. And I'm wondering if it's a good idea to have a "Buy In" fee to cover at least the expenses. Because it's going to be a laid back party atmosphere with soda and drinks and stuff. If not...Hopefully I'll have a job by then and I'll be able to cover that. I'm not sure bout the prize, or if there'll be one. Maybe...if this can be a tradition, I'll have an actual championship belt made. Who knows?

SukebeStudios

All right. I've made up some tentative rules, please tell me which is better. ALSO, I'll be attending Sac-Anime in the winter hopefully, and we'll try to hold a tournament there too if possible. Now there are 2 modes we could do. Melee Free For All, or Versus.

Versus Rules

-Best 2 out of 3
-Player must use the same monster for all rounds whether 2 or 3. In the UNLIKELY event of a DOUBLE KO, a NEW monster may be chosen by noth sides.
-Once a monster is chosen, another competitor MAY NOT choose the same monster.

Melee Rules

4 Monsters compete each battle for 3 minutes.
-Computer will gauge who wins by points and KOs.
-Camping/Turtling allowed, but not advised. (People are smarter than they used to be)
-Once a monster is chosen, another competetor MAY NOT choose the same monster.

That's as simple as I can make them. If somehow we get a LOT of entries, we will automatically go to the Melee Rules. Most likely, we won't get TOO many, so we'll most likely use the Versus Rules.