Suggestion for Video Programming in 2010

Started by Avairrianna, October 14, 2009, 05:24:26 PM

Avairrianna

A great idea to do for a Marathon type deal would be to do a lot of Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation!

Of course get his permission but I would rather watch Zero Punctuation than AVGN.
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

HunterZero

You'd actually need to contact The Escapist as they control Zero Punctuation.
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

otakuapprentice

Kamen Rider(not the American version airing right now, but the more recent JP shows, and their respective movies).

Suggestions include:
Kamen Rider Den-O
Kamen Rider Kiva
Kamen Rider Decade
Kamen Rider Double
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Haruka

Suggestion for either Filler or just a fun hour on Friday or Saturday evening: Dragon Ball Z Abridged.  PLEASE????  Cuz it's all about Nappa and the dumb sh*t he says.
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

the otaku god

hi everyone,
just want to say keep the ideas comming we are listening. so far this is what i got in mind for video this year:

Robot Armageddon II

Short Film Showcase 2010

Nostalgia Room (yes were bringing back cause you loved it so much last year)

last years big hit - The Best of the Angry Video Game Nerd but maybe a touch of zero p........... will see

Anime Anarchy

Hentai Nights

Hentai amvs contest from Cthulhu for president

Midnight Madness

something special from the bottom of my hart: AnimeMusicVideos.org best of 8 years and a great amv producer gathering with a meet and greet with the fanime attendies after (in the works)

animemusicvideos.org best of 2010, top 100 amvs of all time (heres hoping something beats euphoria =p), amvs that should have been in top 100 amvs,

yaoi events

more to be announced later so please keep the ideas and sugestions comming and wait for updates in the future!
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

Avairrianna

Quote from: the otaku god on October 22, 2009, 08:22:13 PM

last years big hit - The Best of the Angry Video Game Nerd but maybe a touch of zero p........... will see

You make me so happy! ^^
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

HunterZero

Quote from: the otaku god on October 22, 2009, 08:22:13 PM
Hentai amvs contest from cathulu for president

Cthulhu for President! if you please sir. The last intern who misspelled it, well, didn't come back in one piece...
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Kertus

Does this include Asian Film?
I would like to suggest White On Rice.
Saw it with a bunch of other people from the forums, was hilarious. :D
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

the otaku god

1. corrected i would hate to be turned in to a zombie

2. yes i will make sure it goes to the right people (asian films)
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

Rodney_Pheonix

I personally would like to see the first Battle Royale film, and Rashamon (Which is a very good B/W film if I do say so myself) Battle Royale Requiem wasn't worth the filming budget Imho.

I also wouldn't mind a classic Godzilla marathon.. but I think that'd use up all the time for Japanese films so just disregard this portion of my message.

For filler when there's dead time between audio blocks I'd like to suggest some of the Auto Marios where they do some Vocaloid (least I think some are Vocaloid probably am dead wrong) ((Dead wrong)) and a couple others, I'll get links in a bit to the ones I have in mind.

[edit]

Overdrive IOSY Auto Mario (2:29 minutes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XoWm70vs3k

Auto Mario Cirno's Perfect Math Class (2:30 minutes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Y7WQBwMvg&NR=1

Digimon Butterfly Auto Mario (1:52 minutes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8JEfqAuvpA

Auto Mario Going agent night (Least I think that's what it is) (1:28 minutes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxJJrIEn7cs

Hare Hare Yukai (1:25 minutes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vGJ0bhRb7U

Kumikyoku "Nico Nico Douga" (11:01 minutes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM0ib4GxLPw&NR=1

The auto-annihilation Marioshikensa (1:17 minutes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXglNqK39fo
(makes for a good finale in my opinion)

Some of the Vocaloid I've seen is bloody awesome though, the rendition of My Neighbor Totoro is brilliant. Hmm.. well anything by Studio Ghibli is good by my standards (mostly I can't pick from the movies.)
[/edit]

I feel that The Bount arc was an interesting bit of pseudo-filler, and actually was good for Ichigo's development as a substitute Shinigami, so I humbly request that as well for video programming. Dattebayo's Fansubs are quite good, so that'd be a good and free source for the vids.

[Edit]

I also humbly request Night on the Galactic Railroad as a film shown at Fanime 2010.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

the otaku god

Hi everyone,
i guess your wondering why theres no video section on the new website. well easy answer we have alot of content and i mean a lot with new events, amv screenings(from animemusicvideos.org "wink"), all new pics and of course new lay out. keep your eyes peeled and let us know what you think and of of course would want.

Nina Star 9

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on October 28, 2009, 11:01:37 PM
Rashamon (Which is a very good B/W film if I do say so myself)
Rashomon!! I love that movie. *o*

I agree with more "classic" Japanese cinema... I believe that most of the live-action films have been newer? If people are really interested in Japanese culture and media (especially film media, like live-action film and anime), then they should have the opportunity to see some classics as well as newer films. I would love to see some Kurosawa sprinkled throughout the live action schedule, at the very least. :D

Jelly Soup

Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 17, 2009, 08:00:34 PM
Kamen Rider(not the American version airing right now, but the more recent JP shows, and their respective movies).

Suggestions include:
Kamen Rider Den-O
Kamen Rider Kiva
Kamen Rider Decade
Kamen Rider Double

Building off of this, I'm resuggesting that we show some Super Sentai love, particularly GoGo Sentai Boukenger vs. Super Sentai.

jacktchance

I wouldn't mind seeing videos from Thatguywiththeglasses

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Jelly Soup on November 02, 2009, 05:22:09 PM

Suggestions include:
Kamen Rider Den-O
Kamen Rider Kiva
Kamen Rider Decade
Kamen Rider Double

Building off of this, I'm resuggesting that we show some Super Sentai love, particularly GoGo Sentai Boukenger vs. Super Sentai.
Sadly, I believe a good percentage of the attendance will not have known of the 'vs.' films, instantly claiming it not canon(I'm referring to those that have only seen the Americanized versions); instead, a good idea would be to show the first one or two JP episodes of each series that got adapted, all the way up to Go-onger.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Jelly Soup

Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 04, 2009, 12:31:16 PM
Quote from: Jelly Soup on November 02, 2009, 05:22:09 PM

Suggestions include:
Kamen Rider Den-O
Kamen Rider Kiva
Kamen Rider Decade
Kamen Rider Double

Sadly, I believe a good percentage of the attendance will not have known of the 'vs.' films, instantly claiming it not canon(I'm referring to those that have only seen the Americanized versions); instead, a good idea would be to show the first one or two JP episodes of each series that got adapted, all the way up to Go-onger.

I'm slightly less concerned with showing something 'canon' so much as something 'fucking awesome'.  ;)

the otaku god

i was thinking about that too. will see if will play the Nostalgia Critic but the problem is this rants are long. but if not remember optimus prime died for your sins (click here to get the joke http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/1743-surf-ninjas ff 13:18)

the otaku god

a everybody after spending 3 days watching this stuff i came up with a new event for fanimecon's video programming and its called "remembering the the past with the nostalgia critic" and what was the selling point ...... this piece of trash http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/11343-alone if you guys don't like the name well give me ideas for a new one instead.

Rodney_Pheonix

I like it.

[Edit]

also, thanks for introducing me to this site, funny stuff, and now I know the meaning behind a big lipped alligator moment.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

jacktchance

Quote from: the otaku god on November 17, 2009, 06:43:33 PM
a everybody after spending 3 days watching this stuff i came up with a new event for fanimecon's video programming and its called "remembering the the past with the nostalgia critic" and what was the selling point ...... this piece of trash http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/11343-alone if you guys don't like the name well give me ideas for a new one instead.

How about "Overlooking Nostalgia with the Critic"