Worst Anime Endings (contains lots of spoilers)

Started by AgehaMist, October 24, 2009, 05:28:02 PM

AgehaMist

In this topic, name the worst anime ending(s) you have ever seen and explain why it is/they are the worst.

for example:

Soul Eater...

They had the most powerful demon god alive terrorizing the earth, and things were looking bad for the heroes. Finally the main characters Maka and Soul were totally defeated, it looked like Asura (the demon god) was going to win... but Maka stands up, building up tension for an epic finish... in my mind i think "OMG what could she possibly do to defeat him?!" the answer? punching him in the face... yeah.

apparently Maka had so much courage to stand up to the demon god, she gives him a "punch of courage" to the face... AND KILLS HIM! WHAT.THE.F***.

i would have been happy if she suddenly got some new scythe power of she went all super sayan on his ass... but a punch to the face?
absolutely ridiculous.

so yeah that's my story, any other bad anime endings out there?
i came home the other day and found that everything in my house was replaced with exact duplicates

ELDEMONIO

Funny that I was going to say Soul Eater as well. :D

I guess another one is Dragon Ball GT. It shows Goku leaving with the dragon and then Pan being a old lady and Goku as a adult for a brief moment. Goku should of just stayed on earth and wish himself old again.Weird ending though.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Yes I'll have to agree to Soul Eater as well.
Though the rest of the Anime was still good.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

lyricaldanichan

i would have to say Berserk. If you didn't follow the manga, it totally left
you with blue balls at the end.

Apparently Studio 4c will be continuing the story and follow closely to the manga. So the quality will still be there.

DentyneIce408

Berserk didn't really have a bad ending, but just disappointing that they didn't follow the manga.

Ninja Resurrection, not exactly worst, but I do wish they continued it.

Gantz, now this anime has the worst ending I ever watched. What were they thinking?
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

JohnnyAR

Stythys

seconding berserk (anime ending)

sorry...that was just....so stupid I can't even put it into words.
"We should not be less than what we are."

the otaku god

im sorry i have to put some out there.

1. oav of record of lodoss war. i love the ser i really do but you all have to agrea and my friend keeps pointing this out ..... parn never wins a major fight. in the end he only wins when both evil doers kill each other kind of like heavy metal the movie story of den

2. gundam 0083 still once again one of my favorit ser but the hero is a loser he doesnt beat gato, he doesn't get the girl really (it like gatos dead but hey you made it i guess you'll do) the capt of the ship is executed  by the Federation, the opposing sides acomplish there mission ect ect ... but still one of my favorit ser

3. 3x3 2nd oav - you find out the story is not about pai but the snake who took over her mind and i was so excited about it too when it came out =(

4. ranma 1/2 both tv ser and manga ahhhhh it doesn't end the last ep is he meets his mom then ranma and akane say thanks for watching its like something out of a 80's video game ending. but i will say this it is still one of my favorit ser and still got all the vhs tapes to it

5.soul eater been discused .... courage my ass

6. mahoromatic what happen to everyone

7. macross 2 so bad i blacked it out

8. big o ahhhhhhh its as bad as  st. elsewhere ending it never happen cause it was all a tv show

9. school rumble    they have a pie fight .... a pie fight

10. 90 percent of games to anime teken,battle arena toshiden,art of fighting, samurai showdown, everything final fantasy, street fight (except the animated movie), xenosaga, virtal fighter

is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: the otaku god on November 03, 2009, 09:51:39 PM
im sorry i have to put some out there.

1. oav of record of lodoss war. i love the ser i really do but you all have to agrea and my friend keeps pointing this out ..... parn never wins a major fight. in the end he only wins when both evil doers kill each other kind of like heavy metal the movie story of den

2. gundam 0083 still once again one of my favorit ser but the hero is a loser he doesnt beat gato, he doesn't get the girl really (it like gatos dead but hey you made it i guess you'll do) the capt of the ship is executed  by the Federation, the opposing sides acomplish there mission ect ect ... but still one of my favorit ser

3. 3x3 2nd oav - you find out the story is not about pai but the snake who took over her mind and i was so excited about it too when it came out =(

4. ranma 1/2 both tv ser and manga ahhhhh it doesn't end the last ep is he meets his mom then ranma and akane say thanks for watching its like something out of a 80's video game ending. but i will say this it is still one of my favorit ser and still got all the vhs tapes to it

5.soul eater been discused .... courage my ass

6. mahoromatic what happen to everyone

7. macross 2 so bad i blacked it out

8. big o ahhhhhhh its as bad as  st. elsewhere ending it never happen cause it was all a tv show

9. school rumble    they have a pie fight .... a pie fight

10. 90 percent of games to anime teken,battle arena toshiden,art of fighting, samurai showdown, everything final fantasy, street fight (except the animated movie), xenosaga, virtal fighter

Your going to enrage the Fan Boys lulz.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Liquid

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 04, 2009, 12:42:07 PM
Quote from: the otaku god on November 03, 2009, 09:51:39 PM
everything final fantasy
Your going to enrage the Fan Boys lulz.

I am here and I am enraged. >:(

My list of endings I was not happy with:
Evangelion is a given. Big O, yeah, I see that. What about Paranoia Agent? Hunter x Hunter. Bokurano. Death Note. Initial D.

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on October 24, 2009, 09:41:29 PM
i would have to say Berserk. If you didn't follow the manga, it totally left
you with blue balls at the end.

Apparently Studio 4c will be continuing the story and follow closely to the manga. So the quality will still be there.

Berserk.. the ending made me get into reading the manga. As for  the rumor of Studio 4C picking up the anime... it's just that....a rumor. The four existing 'leaked' pics have been out for a long time from what I've heard (possibly over a year.) The studio nor the manga's author have confirmed the existance of a planned anime. The pictures may have originally been designed as a plan for a new Berserk anime, but I feel the idea was scrapped due to the current anime trend right now. I'd love to hear if you could prove me wrong and confirm this though, but from everything I just read, this has not been proven.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

the otaku god

Posted by: Liquid

Evangelion = both were not to my liking i hope this new movie ser make up for every thing

Hunter x Hunter = all the ends were bad tv and 2 or 3 oav ser (i forget) unless the whole story is based on meeting his dad then........ it still was bad cause you never see him like charlie from charlie's angels

Death Note = no opinion

Initial D = well what ine i like both tv ser ending (stages 1 and 2) and the movie ending do you mean stage 4?
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

AnimeEmperor

Mahoromatic!!! I've never seen a single final episode make me hate an entire series, but they did it!!!

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Liquid on November 04, 2009, 04:05:48 PM
What about Paranoia Agent?

I happened to like the ending. How else do you think it should have ended?

You know what anime actually needs an ending? Martian Successor Nadesico and Vandread, I want a new season that actually puts a close to everything dammit!

I still haven't finished City Hunter...

TC X0 Lt 0X

From what my friend tells me, the ending to Index was rather disappointing.
Still working on the series myself.

Quote from: JohnnyAR on November 05, 2009, 05:05:51 PM
Quote from: Liquid on November 04, 2009, 04:05:48 PM
What about Paranoia Agent?

I happened to like the ending. How else do you think it should have ended?

You know what anime actually needs an ending? Martian Successor Nadesico and Vandread, I want a new season that actually puts a close to everything dammit!

I still haven't finished City Hunter...

I didnt think Paranoia Agent's ending was bad either.
Though the entire series was a massive brain-fuck no matter how you look at it.

Some Anime do need to actually get ending though, I can agree with that. Vandread's did somewhat anger me...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Glitch

Quote from: AnimeEmperor on November 05, 2009, 01:40:21 PM
Mahoromatic!!! I've never seen a single final episode make me hate an entire series, but they did it!!!
I hated how he automatically became a little kid again when he saw Mahoro again. Apparently they can suspend reality for the very ending.

SimaSeph

Evangelion, I can agree with.

My least favorite ending of all time... Cowboy Bebop.
Fanime 2010: Sima Yi, Sergei Dragunov, and Sephiroth.
A man's life is but 50 years. It is but a dream - an illusion in the great order of things. None given life in this world can escape destruction.

BrightHeart76

It's old.  But did anyone watch the third OVA for Fushigi Yuugi.  It may not be the worst (I'm on Evangelions side for that too), but it was TERRIBLE. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Liquid

The Banner of the Stars\Crest of the Stars series.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

SukebeStudios

Quote from: Glitch on November 23, 2009, 03:10:51 PM
Quote from: AnimeEmperor on November 05, 2009, 01:40:21 PM
I hated how he automatically became a little kid again when he saw Mahoro again. Apparently they can suspend reality for the very ending.

Actually, I think that was supposed to symbolize that seeing her again was like being young again, and it was like when they first met.

Now...I hate the ending to Tokyo Godfathers.
"Dad?" *END CREDITS* WTF??

questionette

SCHOOL DAYS....some of you may disagree, simply because it wasn't a horrible ending thematically...but WTF?! I'm STILL scarred from that ending!