Worst Anime Endings (contains lots of spoilers)

Started by AgehaMist, October 24, 2009, 05:28:02 PM

ShadowTiger

Kampfer was probably the most disappointing ending in an anime for me... actually the whole last 4 episodes got progressively worse... mostly because 2 of the characters had a sudden personality change.

crystalsoul

Black Cat: was just downright horrible....i wont go into detail but the director thought he was being different by ending it the way he did and instead it left everyone who watched it angry...i mean you never got to see any of the final enemy fight scenes....and this is an anime which the fight scenes were pure awesomeness to my.

Claymore.....just wow, for those of you who have seen this, you know what i mean. the ending it completely rediculous. at the end of the anime you realize nothing what so ever is accomplished and they leave so many open ends. but NOOOOOO, they just have all the main characters say: were going to go live peacefully with no more fighting...even though all the bad guys are still out there....

10cm per second: for an anime which built up my hopes so much, the 3rd chapter sucked. the guy basically says he never met the girl, he hates his life, the end.  such a great way to end it. OH i forgot, he MIGHT of seen that girl again for a split second, but thats all they give us.

Gundam seed destiny: i loved this anime so much, especially since i never saw the first series. but i mean, i wish they would of spent a little time and given us 5-10 min of telling us what happens after they blow up the bad guys and crap. but instead 2 of the main chars are just sitting on the moon, and nothing is told if the world falls back into peace or not :/

Piccahoe

"Its not that I'm smart, its because I (am able to) stick to the problems."

-Albert Einstein

stellamoor

Gundam Seed Destiny, in general, was a dissatisfying conclusion to the story begun in Gundam Seed.  I felt like all the character development from the first season disappeared, and everyone had to start from square one again.

cesspooloflight

I have to agree with mDuo13 and say that Darker Than Black: Ryƫsei no Gemini had one of the worst endings. Maybe of all time for me.

Freeden

Well, sad to say, but most anime don't have good endings unless they are originals. But, for some reason adaptations tend to have poor endings.

Berserk comes to mind. I love that anime to death, one of my favorites, but the ending is just damn depressing that it's hard to like it. I did read the manga after, but I still can't help but think that that was one of the worst possible places to end it simply because there is no bright light at the end of the tunnel.

GTO is another of my favorites, but it just had such a terrible ending. After some pretty bad final episodes, it ends on kind of a sour note. Never read the manga, but I hear it ends differently AND better. But that just bugged me.

Chrome Shelled Regios. I realize that this is a pretty midiocre anime to begin with, but even so, the ending was just a huge bummer. It was so uneventful and kind of came out of left field. Not the ending I expected at all.

Air Gear/Tenjho Tenge: I put these in the same brackets because they both are Oh Great!'s and they both have pretty much the same kind of terrible ending. I don't understand why they did what they did but it was a huge let down. First, the least worse of the two. Air Gear was a pretty entertaining show, as entertaining as Oh Great's work can get. And just when things are ramping up, we get one of those "He still has a lot of work to do, but he's gonna be the best" kind of endings. They could easily produce a second season to get to the major plotlines of the series, but instead we're left watching Ikki climb the mountain. The ending isn't even on some kind of peak. At the end of the series he's still just a kid with a lot of potential, but not a lot achieved.

Tenjho Tenge is even worse. Halfway through the series, we get into this horrible, terrible, boring flashback about how all these characters came about and how things became the way they were. But what the creators failed to realize is that no one cares about the flashback. The most interesting character, Souichiro, is forgotten about throughout the entire flashback, and when we finally get back to him, there's like two or three episodes left in the series. Nothing happens with all the build up they had going with this guy. All that talent he was supposed to have goes nowhere, and is lost on a boring and unnecessarily long flashback. This was a series that, no matter how bad, needed a second season....badly.

G.I.R

Quote from: Freeden on June 10, 2010, 11:05:16 PM

Tenjho Tenge is even worse. Halfway through the series, we get into this horrible, terrible, boring flashback about how all these characters came about and how things became the way they were. But what the creators failed to realize is that no one cares about the flashback. The most interesting character, Souichiro, is forgotten about throughout the entire flashback, and when we finally get back to him, there's like two or three episodes left in the series. Nothing happens with all the build up they had going with this guy. All that talent he was supposed to have goes nowhere, and is lost on a boring and unnecessarily long flashback. This was a series that, no matter how bad, needed a second season....badly.

Copy / Paste.

The Never Ending Flashback pretty much killed my interest in Tenjho Tenge as well.