2010 Pre-registration

Started by Sen, October 30, 2009, 10:56:14 PM

GokuMew2

Might I suggest a larger Registration link on the website?
Looking at the Registration page, it took me a while to find the "Click here to register now!" link. I think it would be best to have a HUGE Registration link at the TOP of the page so people don't have to go looking for it.

PS Site looks awesome!!
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Vensy

How long do we have to pre-reg for that shiny pretty badge? Don't know how to call it... XD

The one that was laminated and all, rather than being a paper slipped into a badge holder.

A little financially unhealthy atm, so I'd like to take care of my wallet before deciding to pay for it. owo''
Go to http://vensy.net for cosplay and art updates! :3
2011 Cosplay: Miku Hatsune, Flandre Scarlet, Black Gold Saw, Suika Ibuki~~[/center]

Jelly Soup

Quote from: Vensy on November 02, 2009, 06:26:14 PM
How long do we have to pre-reg for that shiny pretty badge? Don't know how to call it... XD

The one that was laminated and all, rather than being a paper slipped into a badge holder.

A little financially unhealthy atm, so I'd like to take care of my wallet before deciding to pay for it. owo''

I think the fancy ones are available up until mid-January.

Vensy

Quote from: Jelly Soup on November 02, 2009, 07:04:06 PM

Ah, alright thank you! ^^
Go to http://vensy.net for cosplay and art updates! :3
2011 Cosplay: Miku Hatsune, Flandre Scarlet, Black Gold Saw, Suika Ibuki~~[/center]

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Jelly Soup on November 02, 2009, 07:04:06 PM

Last year Pre-Reg ended around the end of February I believe, and was replaced by Early Reg

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Sen

Here's something a little nifty we did with the group registrations:
You can register any number of people you want and pay for it (1 person, 20 people, or how ever many you want to pay for). If someone at a later date decides to go to Fanime with you, they can join your group! So you'd simply add them to your account and then pay for them. Just remember that whenever you go pay, it will be the price that is in effect. So if you paid for yourself at $45 and wanted to add someone else later say when the badges are $60 then the cost of that badge will be $60. Obviously you can only add people to your group until we end group reg.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

PyroToxic

Quick Question,
Will the $45 pre-reg increase to $50 at 11/6 12:00 AM PST or 11/7 12:00 AM PST?

ewu

Quote from: PyroToxic on November 03, 2009, 05:36:31 PM
Quick Question,

it will be $45 upto and including 11/6 23:59 PST...but it would be wise not to cut it so close....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Airi

A quick question. If I register now, but don't pay until after Nov. 6th, would the price increase on it? Or stays the $45?
Thanks! :D

Zero_Kirby

thanks

GokuMew2

Quote from: Airi on November 03, 2009, 09:44:42 PM
A quick question. If I register now, but don't pay until after Nov. 6th, would the price increase on it? Or stays the $45?

You get the current price at the time you PAY, not when you submit registration. If you submit payment after the price goes up, you pay the higher price.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Airi

Quote from: GokuMew2 on November 03, 2009, 11:17:18 PM
Quote from: Airi on November 03, 2009, 09:44:42 PM

You get the current price at the time you PAY, not when you submit registration. If you submit payment after the price goes up, you pay the higher price.
Ooo. Okay. Thank you!!

d man n

so doesanyone know what it will go up to after november????
Will there be LEMON!!!!???????

Tony

This changes, but usually pre-reg is available until the end of March.

Quote from: d man n on November 04, 2009, 02:59:30 PM
so doesanyone know what it will go up to after november????
Probably another increase of $5, so total $50.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Runewitt

Quote from: ewu on November 03, 2009, 05:47:12 PM
Quote from: PyroToxic on November 03, 2009, 05:36:31 PM
Quick Question,

it will be $45 upto and including 11/6 23:59 PST...but it would be wise not to cut it so close....
proof of the greatness of using the 24hour clock.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

JohnPit

First, I still have my yellow copy of my receipt.  Will that guarantee a lamenated badge with name and fan name?

Also, I have a friend who wants to register early, but does not have a credit card.  I am willing to pay on her behalf, but will I have to register myself as a group leader even though I already paid for mine?

KyraEnsui

Quote from: JohnPit on November 04, 2009, 11:02:25 PM
First, I still have my yellow copy of my receipt.  Will that guarantee a lamenated badge with name and fan name?

Also, I have a friend who wants to register early, but does not have a credit card.  I am willing to pay on her behalf, but will I have to register myself as a group leader even though I already paid for mine?

Yes.

Registration is currently accepting Paypal only. I do believe you can pay for her registration if she register all of her information because when she goes to pick up her badge, they will look at her government-issued ID to see a match on the info that it was given.

Hopefully, this helps or wait for the registration staff for official word on it.

math4origami

I sincerely wish that you had been more clear in your directions on the front page for pricing and schedule.  It has just caused me a huge pain for my group's budget.  Also, one week is a really short time for organizing payment.  I hope the directions will be more clear, or the payment window be a bit larger, next year. 

Kertus

Quote from: math4origami on November 06, 2009, 01:18:38 AM
I sincerely wish that you had been more clear in your directions on the front page for pricing and schedule.  It has just caused me a huge pain for my group's budget.  Also, one week is a really short time for organizing payment.  I hope the directions will be more clear, or the payment window be a bit larger, next year. 

Lol it was only a pricechange of $45 to $50.  And if a difference of $5 really concerned you or your group members enough than you guys should have worked harder on planning and organizing.  There is no need to blame Fanime or its staff for your personal issues.  Frankly I was able to get most all of my people pre-reg'd on time and with no issues, hell some of us even reg'd at the end of the last con.

I think the staff and members have done quite a good job in answering questions people have and solving issues dealing with pre-reg.
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

Eboni ninja

I thought pre-reg is still going to be $45 on Nov. 6 but when I went to go pay it says $50 it is a typo or do I have to pay 50 dollars?
Cosplays for Fanime 2011: