Money spent on items

Started by orangepopper, November 19, 2009, 07:18:25 PM

orangepopper

I need to know in advance about how much money I'll spend on extra sdtuff cause I have to take a long trip to get to california, so abou thow much did you spend on extra items, like plushies, book, DVD's, shirts, etc.? Thanks alot for your guys help!
Pround to be an obsessed Anime Freak!!!!

heeroyuy135

I set around $250-300, but not all of it goes to the Dealers Room; I use some to tip hotel staff, cash-only food purchases, arcade gaming room, and instant emergencies.

frumpy

Quote from: orangepopper on November 19, 2009, 07:18:25 PM
I need to know in advance about how much money I'll spend on extra sdtuff cause I have to take a long trip to get to california, so abou thow much did you spend on extra items, like plushies, book, DVD's, shirts, etc.? Thanks alot for your guys help!

Saving about $200 minimum just *for* dealer's room is a safe bet. Depends on what you're really looking for though, since merchandise can cost anywhere from $10 to $100+. The serious collectors are more likely to spend $50-$80+ per item, from what I noticed...
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

caskaslyrk

I usually take $500-$1,000, but this would also include my cost for the hotel.  I usually only spend about $300 in the dealers room.  Plus you have to think of Food...me personally I CANNOT live off instant ramen and pocky, but hey that is just me!  I would have heartburn for a year with all that sodium..LOL

Nina Star 9

It depends on how much you are planning on buying. If I buy a -lot- one year, I'll spend about $50, maybe a little more. Usually I spend less. I hardly buy anything, though.

SirVincent

I would bring $100-$200 if i was you last year I found a dealer that was selling Armitage cels and he did not know what they were so i got like 8 for $5 each so even if you don't think you will need it. Bring more money for the things you don't know that you need yet ;)
Some times you have to get away for it all and other times you must get back to it all.

BlueCharisma

What I do is make a want list. Few question to ask yourself is: What type of items do you buy? (ie figures, wallscroll, dvd etc), How often do you buy these items? (weekly, monthly, preorder), Are there any items you missed and you are looking for? If so, how much are you willing to pay for each item at fanime.

Last year, I took $500 with me for purchases, but I spent about $100. One of my friends spent about $120 and the other spent about $40. Their were a lot of tempting items, but somehow we fought it off. This year, probably a different story.

TC X0 Lt 0X

I would suggest $200 for the Dealers Room, and $100 for Swap Meet. Gives you enough options to splurge on stuff while not being a huge strain on your wallet.
How much I plan to take however. About $500-800, after Hotel Room and Badge. I really do enjoy spending money in mass =P. That after total includes other expenses such as gas ($20 big deal =P) and food (Subway FTW), as well as any other expenses that might arise. I make sure to keep at least $100 for Monday in case something unexpected happens. If not I will dump it all in the dealers room and starve myself on Monday.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

orangepopper

Pround to be an obsessed Anime Freak!!!!

abcbadcat

Ticket, hotel, food money, arcade, booze (lol), I usually spend $500 or so

I don't buy too many things in the dealers room unless its something I really want

VanessaAyukawa

Bring money is one thing but bringing smaller bills is just as important, esp. in the Swap Meet. I actually go to the bank and ask for 10's and 5's instead of larger bills and use it when in the Swap Meet, so many times they don't have enough bill to break and plus bring a couple of bags, just as important as money. ^_^;

Poof-Aro

I always set aside $100 for each day of the con counting Friday (but not Monday- I only use that for prereg anyway) so around $300+ for me. But, I always end up running out of money and wanting to spend more... so I suggest you bring $400-500 to spend and hopefully you wont go over like me >.<
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
Vaporeon
The Black and Silver Steampunk

My Cosplay Page

Poof-Aro

Also, I suggest you look at the Swap Meet and Artist Ally before going into the Dealer's Room. They are way cheaper and normally have a lot of cool stuff.
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
Vaporeon
The Black and Silver Steampunk

My Cosplay Page

Hikaru Kazushime

I've got about $500 in war funds at the moment- will be making $50 more on Day Zero from a friend, and I've got about $100 worth of items I'm trying to sell before the con. If I'm successful, I'll probably walk in there with around $650- all of which will be split up between the Swap Meet and Dealer's Hall. I spend about 50%-70% of my funds on the swap meet, and the other 30% between the Dealer's Hall and Artist Alley. Last year I found an incredibly amazing amount of good deals at the Swap Meets.

Just depends on you really- are you an extreme otaku or just a fan who wants to come home with a few goodies? I think bringing at least $200-$300 will ensure you a good time.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Set with $600. Half of that if going towards tripling my Manga collection. Still I'll have more cash to spend at the Swap Meet / Dealer's Room then I had total last year, which 1/3 went to Manga. In other words I'll come out with a lot of swag =P

Would have more if some lazy **** had a job and could pay for himself. Oh well I'm forcing him to go anyway...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

kohana ichibana

about 500 for me this includes hotel and food.

BUT this year my budget is 1,400 because I'm organizing the hotel this time around and I'm going to be in the artist alley.
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

Tony

I'll be bringing about $10,000. Just for food.

Sadly, I'm of the age where I have the money, but don't want to part with it. I may spend $100-$200 in the dealer's room. A good chunk of that will probably be FanimeCon stuff - staff, attendee, and MusicFest t-shirts. ;D
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

LordKefka

Quote from: Tony on May 21, 2010, 12:30:20 PM

Fat con chair is fat :V

But anyways, $100 for food, $80 for hotel and $300 for dealer's/swap meet.

Would be a lot more if I didn't have to go to AX as well...~_~;
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Nephilim

I'll try to stick to a  $400 budget. >.>;
That's for buying merch and food. Good thing is I already have about $20 in quarters for the Arcade Room.

"Frah muja lycd sa uid, ed fyc lniamdo fru duug bedo uh sa..."

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Tony on May 21, 2010, 12:30:20 PM

Sadly, I'm of the age where I have the money, but don't want to part with it. I may spend $100-$200 in the dealer's room. A good chunk of that will probably be FanimeCon stuff - staff, attendee, and MusicFest t-shirts. ;D

So you taking me out to Dinner Tony?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.