Black and White Ball Question

Started by orangepopper, November 21, 2009, 07:12:49 PM

orangepopper

How old do you have to be to attend the Black and White ball and the masqurade? Thanks!
Pround to be an obsessed Anime Freak!!!!

ewu

the Dance and the Yaoi/Yuri rooms are the only non all ages events. (certain other age specific special events too)

Admission to Masquerade is all ages, but if you want to participate, e-mail me.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Nina Star 9

There's an age restriction for the dance? Out of curiosity, what is it, and when was this implemented? (I remember going to the dance as a wee youngin' back in the day...)

I had no idea. XD;;

ewu

Sorry, I mistook the rovers outside the dance as ID checkers when they were really just looking for stupid people....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

orangepopper

so i would be able to go to the black and white all? (thanks) ;D

Okach

I should probably be sending all ages songs, then, lol.
Staff Instructor since 2010. 
Staff Marketing Lead since 2018
Staff Marketing Second

https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

tkdteo

There is no age limit for the Black and White Ball.  Last year there was a cute toddler that was dancing across the floor with his mother.  So you should be fine coming in.  The people at the front door are there to ensure that people are adhering to the dress code for the event and to make sure that people are not causing any trouble. 

We will try to play appropriate music at the dance and most of the songs will either be from Anime, J-pop, or video games.  However there may be exceptions (west coast swing, tango, etc.). 

- Jim
2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor

orangepopper

Nina Star 9

Quote from: ewu on November 21, 2009, 11:43:11 PM
Sorry, I mistook the rovers outside the dance as ID checkers when they were really just looking for stupid people....
Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. :D

LaughLikeMad

This may be a silly question but as I've never attended before I was wondering if personal camera's were allowed into the Black and White Ball.

Thanks for whatever answers I can get.  :D

tkdteo

Laugh Like Mad

Personal cameras are fine for the BWBall.  Feel free to bring them in.  One thing to remember though, we do not have a coat check at the Ball so you will have to carry it on your person.  Hope that helps.

- Jim
2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor

AlisaurGoesRawr

i really really wanna go to the black and white ball this year, but i have no idea where it is? :O i didn't go last year, so i have no idea how it works D: so is the black and white ball in the SJ convention center/hotel or is it somewhere else? and i don't even know when it is =\ someone tell me? i'm clueless >.<

AbsolutelyCursed

Sunday night @ the Fairmont Hotel

michiko nakano

Quote from: AlisaurGoesRawr on March 15, 2010, 08:24:06 PM
i really really wanna go to the black and white ball this year, but i have no idea where it is? :O i didn't go last year, so i have no idea how it works D: so is the black and white ball in the SJ convention center/hotel or is it somewhere else? and i don't even know when it is =\ someone tell me? i'm clueless >.<
you'll be able to see the masses of people coming to and from the dance, you'll have no problem finding it.  it's inside a gorgeous ballroom in a totally posh hotel.  You'll have the time of your life ;)

tkdteo

So this year the BWBall is going to fall on Sunday May 30, 2010 and it will be at the Fairmont Hotel.  The hours are yet TBA.  Admission to the Ball is included in the price of your weekend pass for FanimeCon (or your day pass for Sunday should you only decide to go to FanimeCon for that day).  So no need to buy tickets or anything like that.  The dance lessons leading up to the BWBall will be held in the J Ballroom in the Convention Center on the days leading up to the BWBall (Friday, Saturday, and part of Sunday).  There will be more information posted on the FanimeCon website soon so keep looking for updates.  Hope this helps. 

- Jim
2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor

AlisaurGoesRawr

HeyItsMeeEE

Quote from: tkdteo on March 15, 2010, 10:29:28 PM

So this year the BWBall is going to fall on Sunday May 30, 2010 and it will be at the Fairmont Hotel.  The hours are yet TBA.  Admission to the Ball is included in the price of your weekend pass for FanimeCon (or your day pass for Sunday should you only decide to go to FanimeCon for that day).  So no need to buy tickets or anything like that.  The dance lessons leading up to the BWBall will be held in the J Ballroom in the Convention Center on the days leading up to the BWBall (Friday, Saturday, and part of Sunday).  There will be more information posted on the FanimeCon website soon so keep looking for updates.  Hope this helps. 

- Jim

Hopefully it's not at the same time as the MF concert because that totally sucked last year.
SUP?

tkdteo

Quote from: HeyItsMeeEE on April 02, 2010, 11:52:17 PM
Quote from: tkdteo on March 15, 2010, 10:29:28 PM

- Jim

Hopefully it's not at the same time as the MF concert because that totally sucked last year.

The BWBall usually takes place the same day and time as Musicfest.  This year will be no exception.  Sorry.

- Jim
2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor