Fanimaid Cafe 2010

Started by Mizuki, December 01, 2009, 01:25:10 AM

Mizuki

Hi everyone, tryouts for the Cafe have not started, but will start around February.

Some basic requirements are:
1) Must be Female (No exceptions!)
2) Must be 16 or older by the event
3) Must be able to supply your own uniform
4) Must be able to attend to at least 2 meetings (with your own means of transportation)

If you are interested in becoming a Fanimaid, please drop an email at maidcafe at fanime dot com

Check up on this thread to keep yourself updated!

And no, there will be no Butler Cafe/Host Club or anything else integrated into the cafe, and will not be considered at the time.

Thanks.

Atashi

Quote from: Mizuki on December 01, 2009, 01:25:10 AM4) Must be able to attend to at least 2 meetings (with your own means of transportation)

When and where will the meetings take place?

PyronIkari

Quote from: Atashi on December 01, 2009, 06:13:10 PM
Quote from: Mizuki on December 01, 2009, 01:25:10 AM4) Must be able to attend to at least 2 meetings (with your own means of transportation)

When and where will the meetings take place?

TBA but they will be split between San Jose and San Francisco. They will probably be in Jan-Feb to try out, and then a follow up meetings will probably be held march-may.

Armored-Heart

Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

Kazuko

Quote from: Armored-Heart on December 01, 2009, 10:00:34 PM
Would one of these make a good uniform or are you looking for something less lolita styled?

http://milanoo.com/Black-White-Cotton-Long-Sleeves-Lolita-Dress-p7675.html
http://milanoo.com/White-Long-Sleeves-Blouse-And-Black-Cotton-Lolita-Skirt-p13194.html
The second link is more maid style but to be honest I wouldnt get a uniform until after try outs. Also keep in mind that Lolita and Maid have nothing to do with each other.

Jerry

As one of Rovers representative for the Maid Cafe I'll probably stop by at least one meeting to say hi.

Assuming Steve Young's schedule is open, he may or may not try to stop by as well.

Good luck to all of you ladies who are interested and thanks for your continued support of the Maid Cafe for 2010 and beyond.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Mizuki

Would one of these make a good uniform or are you looking for something less lolita styled?

http://milanoo.com/White-Long-Sleeves-Blouse-And-Black-Cotton-Lolita-Skirt-p13194.html

Hi, as Kazuko stated earlier, I would not recommend getting a uniform before you are confirmed for the cafe. We will discuss what is a proper uniform at the meetings, so please do not discuss these matters in this thread.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Mizuki on December 01, 2009, 10:37:39 PM

Hi, as Kazuko stated earlier, I would not recommend getting a uniform before you are confirmed for the cafe. We will discuss what is a proper uniform at the meetings, so please do not discuss these matters in this thread.

I will second mind Mizuki only to tell you...

The linked outfits are a definite no. Absolutely not, as it's not even a maid uniform in any way shape or form. Lolita dresses are not maid outifts. Black and white != maid. Like, honestly, if you tried to put an apron over that, it would look hideous.

But to reitterate.

Lolita != Maid

But yeah, if you are buying a uniform for the maid cafe, you're better off waiting until you're accepted, so you don't buy something that doesn't qualify.

Jun-Watarase

Heeeey! Guess who's back! ;D

Sorry if I've been a bit later on responding the e-mails lately. Been very very busy!

In regard to the uniforms, I must mention that I highly do NOT recommend purchasing a uniform before you have been accepted. The reason behind this is that all uniform designs/photos must be approved of, before being worn into the cafe. This is to ensure quality of the design, suitability for the cafe, and if it is appropriate for us to allow our maids to wear.

I will also second that Gothic Lolita =/= Maid uniform! Thank you for understanding.

I can't wait for Fanimaid Cafe '10. We had a huge success the last year, many great things coming from working at the cafe, many great friends were maid. (Har har, get it. Yes, I'm a dork.) I hope that many of our new girls that decide to join us will have just as much fun as we did during Fanime '09, and the rest of the year together, as well! Good luck to all of you.

- Junchan

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Jun-Watarase

Oh, and I guess I should include this, which I've included in some of the emails recently sent out.

As this is our second year using this system of try-outs, it will be a little more competitive. Girls will be judged on their performance and appearance, as well. This includes their working capability as a maid and a waitress, meaning, they must be able to play the role of a maid. This includes being able to bow properly, speak the given phrases, and look the part. I recommend that all girls trying out to be a maid wear something flattering and cute to give us the impression of what kind of maid you're aiming to be! Many of these things will be learned at our meetings, but judging of who to be hired is done throughout the entire session. Don't stress, though. It isn't hard, at all!

- Junchan

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

ch0c0pies

I'm just wondering, but do you get paid for this? Or is it just for fun? :D

Mizuki

Quote from: ch0c0pies on December 15, 2009, 08:02:58 PM
I'm just wondering, but do you get paid for this? Or is it just for fun? :D

This is volunteer service, so no monetary payments.

Jun-Watarase

If anyone has any questions or concerns about volunteering for the maid cafe, please attend the FanimeCon meeting on January 24th, Sunday, and look for me! This is not a try-out, and it is optional for volunteers to attend. Thank you!

- Jun

FanimaidCafe.com

sayori

When and how will meetings be announced? And can this be counted for volunteer hours if you want you're money reinversed?

PyronIkari

Quote from: sayori on January 29, 2010, 09:22:12 PM
When and how will meetings be announced? And can this be counted for volunteer hours if you want you're money reinversed?

If you e-mailed [email protected] your mail will be saved in a list. The announcement for meetings will be made via this list as well as announced on the forums.

Yes, this will count toward volunteer hours, but it will not be enough to qualify for the reimbursement alone. So if you're volunteering else where, this will add to that.

Ai_Kaneco

would there be anything we need to do before hand in order to audition or is it an open audition?
watashi wa honshino no matataki <3

PyronIkari

Quote from: Ai_Kaneco on January 31, 2010, 12:51:05 PM
would there be anything we need to do before hand in order to audition or is it an open audition?
Open, as long as you fit the listed requirements.

Atleast 16 yo, are able to provide your own transportation+maid uniform, etc.

Ai_Kaneco

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 31, 2010, 05:47:07 PM
Quote from: Ai_Kaneco on January 31, 2010, 12:51:05 PM
Open, as long as you fit the listed requirements.

Atleast 16 yo, are able to provide your own transportation+maid uniform, etc.

ok so...if one were to become a maid what day should we arive and what would we need to do other that waitress and entertain?
watashi wa honshino no matataki <3

Phantomhive.LolitaKei

do you think you guys will have a san francisco meeting/try out err training like last time? :\
NYAPPY! o(≧∀≦)o
R☆ck Hard & L♥ve Easy.
----------------------------------
Artist, Cosplayer, Model

websites/places to contact me at......
Tumblr:myobiyuki.tumblr.com
DeviantArt: crossdemonization.deviantart.com

RyuHayabusa

can a friend of mine who is going to be 15 1/2 by Fanime, would be able to volunteer for this?
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC