Fanimaid Cafe 2010

Started by Mizuki, December 01, 2009, 01:25:10 AM

Jerry

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on February 17, 2010, 08:54:32 PM
Email regarding try out dates and information have been sent out to those on the mailing list. I apologize for my lack of updates and responses this year. I hope it hasn't caused much frustration or inconveniences on your part.

Meeting dates and times for San Jose try outs are confirmed!
They will take place at the San Jose Convention Center, Marriot, at 9am in the morning. Please make it on time as we will be locating during the beginning of the meeting when most volunteers have arrived. It is also advised that you bring a notepad and pen, and wear something you feel flatters you well. The try outs last approximately 3-4 hours.

The dates are:
February 20th, Saturday
March 28th, Sunday

Hi Jun,

Just wanted to double check if the next maid try out is still March 28th,---

Just wanted to make sure my calender is all in order.  :)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

PyronIkari

Yes, but Jun and I will not be present for it.

Ai_Kaneco

just wondering...when might we find out if we made the fanimaids? :D
watashi wa honshino no matataki <3

PyronIkari

Quote from: Ai_Kaneco on March 17, 2010, 09:38:30 PM
just wondering...when might we find out if we made the fanimaids? :D

After all the try outs are held. And then after a little bit of discussion between the staff, we'll send an e-mail out to those that have been accepted.

TheMaKaKi

Hello,

I emailed [email protected] yesterday about my interest :D! I hope to hear from you soon. Also will 3/28th be likely the last audition? I hope I didn't sign up too late and will be allowed to attend tryouts, since I was a maid in 2008 and would love to do it again! Thank you!  I look forward to the Maid Cafe again this year.

-Asura
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

TheMaKaKi

Also,

If Jun will not be at March 28th, then who is going to judge/supervise us? Does this decrease the chance of getting in since not everyone (Jun and Mikey?) will be there? I really hope not, because I would love to return again as a maid!  :D Thanks.

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on March 17, 2010, 11:18:40 PM
Hello,

I emailed [email protected] yesterday about my interest :D! I hope to hear from you soon. Also will 3/28th be likely the last audition? I hope I didn't sign up too late and will be allowed to attend tryouts, since I was a maid in 2008 and would love to do it again! Thank you!  I look forward to the Maid Cafe again this year.

-Asura

donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

PyronIkari

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on March 18, 2010, 08:31:41 PM
Also,

If Jun will not be at March 28th, then who is going to judge/supervise us? Does this decrease the chance of getting in since not everyone (Jun and Mikey?) will be there? I really hope not, because I would love to return again as a maid!  :D Thanks.

Our 2nd, Mei, and useless super thighs(Mizuki) will be there. No it doesn't decrease your chances at all. We trust Mei.

Mizuki

But you don't trust me ;.;

TheMaKaKi

Thanks for the prompt answers :) Here's another question haha.

It was previously mentioned in the thread to wear something cute and representable of yourself. I also noticed someone said they wore something lolita-like to the tryouts.

My question is do we need to dress up as maids or in costumes to show what kinds of maids we want to be? I was planning to wear a cute top with jeans, but if otherwise stated, I will prepare myself to wear a costume or something. Thanks for the clarification!

Also, Where can one park on Sunday for tryouts?

I know it was said that you need your own form of transportation, but if anyone needs a ride or wants to carpool to the tryouts, then I am fine with that. Just message me! I know we're all anxious to go to the tryouts :) Yay!!!

If the staff needs anything, please just message me! I am eager to help in any way, regardless of being a maid or not. I really enjoyed my time as a Fanimaid in 2008, and I was definitely sad to miss it last year in 2009. I know FaniMaid will be awesome this year!

-Asura
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

PyronIkari

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on March 18, 2010, 10:02:01 PM
Thanks for the prompt answers :) Here's another question haha.

It was previously mentioned in the thread to wear something cute and representable of yourself. I also noticed someone said they wore something lolita-like to the tryouts.

My question is do we need to dress up as maids or in costumes to show what kinds of maids we want to be? I was planning to wear a cute top with jeans, but if otherwise stated, I will prepare myself to wear a costume or something. Thanks for the clarification!

Also, Where can one park on Sunday for tryouts?

I know it was said that you need your own form of transportation, but if anyone needs a ride or wants to carpool to the tryouts, then I am fine with that. Just message me! I know we're all anxious to go to the tryouts :) Yay!!!

If the staff needs anything, please just message me! I am eager to help in any way, regardless of being a maid or not. I really enjoyed my time as a Fanimaid in 2008, and I was definitely sad to miss it last year in 2009. I know FaniMaid will be awesome this year!

-Asura

Wear whatever you want. If you want to wear a costume, wear a costume, if you want to dress casually, dress casually. Just keep in mind, your dress is representative of yourself. If you're dressing poorly, it reflects poorly on you. If you dress over the top, once more it reflects poorly on you. Think of this as an interview. When you go into an interview, you want to look professional, flattering, and that you fit the part that you're applying for. People can assess that however they want, but that's everything you need to know.

Parking is available in different areas, you can park in the convention center parking lot, which is like... 2$ an hour or something like that? Or across the street from the Hilton which is a flat fee of I think 6$. Or you can use meter parking on the street.

TheMaKaKi

Hi There Again,

Sorry for the questions haha. I am sure others have them too  :)!

If we do not get a reply back from [email protected], can we still attend the tryouts? I know Jun and the staff have been busy and that's understandable. Just wanted to know if it was okay to still go! Are we meeting at Marriott Lobby? Or in front of the hotel? Thanks!

-Asura
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

Jerry

Sorry to jump in- [Jun, Mikey, 2nd Mei, and Mizuki] - but from what I could tell -

the final Maid Tryout this Sunday morning should be open to all interested.

Keep in mind minimum requirements ARE: [see first page/post]
1) Must be Female (No exceptions!)
2) Must be 16 or older by the event [with signed parental consent form]
3) Must be able to supply your own uniform
4) Must be able to attend to at least 2 meetings (with your own means of transportation)

As for me- I'm part of the Rovers staff, and here to assist the Maid cafe staff with any needs as far as line control, crowd control and to keep away any would be stalkers that may attempt to intrude your space bubbles.

I'll likely be around at the meeting to find any who might be lost or confused and show them the meeting spot and be also be the class example of what "moe" is NOT - aka I'm "non 萌え [moe] guy"

Best of luck ladies, and we'll all see you at Sunday morning's try out.

Mizuki

Yup, Jerry pretty much hit it dead on.

Jun-Watarase

Again, I sincerely apologize for the lack of updates this year, so I hope you guys aren't distraught from all the confusion! I will keep you guys as updated as I possibly can as work progresses, so please bear with our terribly busy schedule.

Just as a reminder, we have a try-out this Sunday (March 28th, 2010) at the San Jose Convention Center, Hilton Side, Santa Clara Room at 9:00am. Please try your best to arrive on-time, and wear something comfortable and flattering! It is also recommended that you bring a notepad and pen for notes. At the try-out, you will listen to a short lecture, practice phrases and bowing, and participate in a short interview with your photo taken (Photos and information are confidential). As many of you know, I will be out of town this weekend, so the try-outs will be temporarily conducted by my second, Mei, Mizuki, and our veteran maid members.

For those who cannot attend this try-out, there has been a last minute try-out scheduled on April 10th, 9:00am at the same room.

As a review, our requirements are that you are at least 16 years of age, biologically female, able to provide your own approved maid uniform and FanimeCon registration. We will interview those interested, and judge upon experience, ability, and overall professional demeanor. We will train briefly in becoming knowledgeable in maid cafes, playing the role of a maid properly, speaking the proper phrases, bowing, and waitressing. It is also important that maids are comfortable sitting down and talking to patrons in conversation, as it is a significant variable in being a maid. Also, Do not purchase a maid uniform for the cafe until you are confirmed!

If you are a volunteer seeking participation, but not in the Bay Area or able to attend meetings: please contact me after I send an email regarding you guys specifically, including those who have already emailed me as I will make a specific effort to include you guys in trying-out via email.

Thank you all for your patience and participation, and I hope to meet you all very soon! Good luck, ladies (and Jerry)!

- Junchan

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Jun-Watarase

Also, if you email [email protected] and do not receive an immediate response, do not fret. You're automatically put on our mailing list and will be included on our updates. Anyone who fits the basic requirements are welcome to participate in the try-outs.

Hope that helps!

P.S. Another detail to add:

If you have already attended a try-out, please do not try out again! You're welcome to be present at the try-outs, but all volunteers must only try-out and be interviewed once. Thank you!

- Junchan

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

TheMaKaKi

Hello Jun and FaniMaid Staff,

Thank you for the wonderful tryout session and interview on Sunday, March 28th! I appreciate the time and effort you all put in to making these tryouts a success. I really enjoyed my time learning about the maid cafe and talking to the girls. If I did not send you a proper thank you email, then please PM me your email address. I apologize if I could not get everyone's emails. I hope to hear from you all soon and thank you again for the wonderful experience!

Sincerely,
Asura
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

Tenshi

Shitsure itashimasu.

I was wondering if the last minute try-out on April 10th at 9:00am is still happening.  My friend and I are interested in attending the try-out.  I've sent a couple of emails in the past week, but I haven't received a reply yet. 

Thank you for your time.

Mizuki

Yes, last minute tryouts are still happening. And do not worry if you have not gotten a personal response yet, Jun has been busy.

Jerry

for those who may or may not get lost - i know the feeling --- when it comes to meetings/interview/try out locations for the first time... Let us know if you have any worries finding the meeting spot -  allow yourself plenty of time to get there promptly and mostly awake.

Saturday April 10th, 9:00am
San Jose Convention Center
Hilton Side
2nd Floor - Santa Clara Room

On a random note---
Please make sure you have your ride/transportation in order -->  [this includes public transit fares, public parking, getting rides from friends/parental units, etc.]

I wouldnt want anyone to be left behind [especially traveling long distances ] to not have a proper way of getting back home.

Other than that best of luck to all the ladies attending this last try out! ~Ganbattene !

ShinoBee

Crawling out of my lurking cave...

Yeah, definitely have a ride and know your way if you're relying on public transportation, especially for those not from the area. Big warning especially to those who have NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE from your area present. x_x

Also, tryouts for March 28th were fun and a learning experience! :D

I love my Piggie! :D