Gasp! First Time Pre-reg! ><!!

Started by Boba, December 21, 2009, 11:46:30 AM

Boba

Okay, so I'm the leader of a two-person group for pre-registration-ing. However since I don't have a card or anything, my friend who isn't even in the group nor going to Fanime is using his card. Does he have to be there when I pick up the badges? Because he really doesn't want to.. D:
Add my @live.com email on Faceboooook! 0:

KyraEnsui

Copy and paste the answer from another thread.

Quote from: KyraEnsui on November 05, 2009, 09:52:13 AM
Quote from: JohnPit on November 04, 2009, 11:02:25 PM

Also, I have a friend who wants to register early, but does not have a credit card.  I am willing to pay on her behalf, but will I have to register myself as a group leader even though I already paid for mine?

Registration is currently accepting Paypal only. I do believe you can pay for her registration if she register all of her information because when she goes to pick up her badge, they will look at her government-issued ID to see a match on the info that it was given.

Hopefully, this helps or wait for the registration staff for official word on it.

Jerry

I think there's more clarification needed:
[that and a official Registration staff buddy to correct me :) ]

First of all if memory serves me correctly Minors and those who will not be 18 by the time of the convention. I'm not sure if this has any effect on the registration process...

I dont remember all the details, but I thought a parent or guardian MUST be present when the registration/purchase of the badge is being handled for a Minor [under the age of 18]

The person making the transaction whether CASH or Credit Card/[pay pal], MUST provide government issued ID [examples like: state ID or license, Passport ]

Sorta like WILL CALL rule: who ever PAID for the registration is required to show BOTH the ID and the credit card to pick up [in this case the pre-reg badges].

School IDs, Credit Cards, Work ID Badges are NOT considered to be valid government issued ID.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Jerry on December 22, 2009, 10:55:37 AM
I think there's more clarification needed:
[that and a official Registration staff buddy to correct me :) ]

First of all if memory serves me correctly Minors and those who will not be 18 by the time of the convention. I'm not sure if this has any effect on the registration process...

I dont remember all the details, but I thought a parent or guardian MUST be present when the registration/purchase of the badge is being handled for a Minor [under the age of 18]

The person making the transaction whether CASH or Credit Card/[pay pal], MUST provide government issued ID [examples like: state ID or license, Passport ]

Sorta like WILL CALL rule: who ever PAID for the registration is required to show BOTH the ID and the credit card to pick up [in this case the pre-reg badges].

School IDs, Credit Cards, Work ID Badges are NOT considered to be valid government issued ID.

Oh yes, the Under Age part which I completely forgot.

I know that they didn't asked for my card when my friend pick up their badge last year and I paid with Paypal. I just entered their information and they got it themselves with their valid government ID.

Boba

So lets say I'm under 18.. and the person who paid for my tickets is liiiike 20. I still gotta bring my mum or something?
Add my @live.com email on Faceboooook! 0:

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Boba on January 04, 2010, 08:01:54 AM
So lets say I'm under 18.. and the person who paid for my tickets is liiiike 20. I still gotta bring my mum or something?

Taken from FAQ:
Q: I am under 18 and do not have a drivers license or passport
A: All Fanime members must have valid government issued ID. The only exception are those under 18 attending with a responsible guardian (of the parental caliber). The guardian must also be a Fanime member and have valid government issued ID. The guardian will be responsible for the minor and all his or her actions.

ewu

edited FAQ for clarity....guardian must be a registered member too
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

SugarB

Ok, so now I am SUPER confused.

I am a minor, but I am 17, and I will have either a California Driver's License or a California State ID card before the time of the Con. I paid for my pre-registration and will be paying my friend's registration through my MOTHER's PayPal account. My mother will NOT be attending the con. Do I need HER credit card to get my badges? And does my friend, even though she is not group leader, need a valid Gov-ID and a parent to get HER badge? Or will she just need a gov. ID? or...? (She is 16.)

On the topic of minor-guardian issues, my 'guardian' for the con will be my 22 year old brother. Does he count, and if so, does he have to have a registered badge? Last year you allowed Hilton workers to use their hotel nametags as badges, are you doing that this year too? If so, since my brother works at the Hilton, will he still have to purchase a badge to be considered my guardian? Do I even NEED a guardian if I have Government IDs?

I can understand why, say, 12 year old's would need to be accompanied by a parent, but if you yourself will have a Gov ID and are 17, does it matter to have a parent, or can an over-20 sibling count? Can my brother act as my friend's guardian for the con, or will she need a parent?

Last year I went to Fanime and bought a badge right there, at age 16, and I wasn't questioned on who would be my guardian or such. Is that because I didn't pre-register? Or because I was 16?

Uhm, sorry. I was assuming that I would be able to pick up all the badges with my ID and be done with it, but now I am kind of confused. I'm probably trying to look to far into it, but I'd feel a lot better knowing I have everything for this con planned out so I can get everything properly and not find some hidden snag along the way.

Thanks, sorry for the trouble~
Now you have a sudden HUNCH you're alone in the WORLD.
All alone with THINKS and HUNCHES all colored and curled!

Jerry

again this may need clarification from registration staff but here's my attempt to clear up your concern.

any minor [18 and under] must be accompanied by a guardian who is MUST ALSO attending/registered with Fanime.
which means they must also have a badge for fanime as well.

for example.  ----
you and your friend will need to be accompanied by a guardian [your older brother for example] , but the guardian will have to register and get a badge for fanime as well.

I dont know where you heard this "hotel staff can use their IDs a badges" that is NOT CORRECT. Hotel and convention facilities have access around some areas of the convention, but they do NOT get to roam around the convention as they please. They must be on duty and during their job, not just randomly enjoying in the convention activities.

I'm not quite sure how you bought a badge at 16, unless you paid in cash, showed your ID, and they didnt realize you were a minor. Usually minors arent suppose to purchase a badge by themselves...

Who ever PAYS/PICKS UP for the registration/badge must show VALID ID.
The ONLY exception is when a guardian vouches for any minors [who might not have valid ID] who are accompanying the guardian at Fanime.

*** on side note *** this is why you must be 18+ to make a purchase rule applies here.
Sure you have permission to use your mother's PayPal Account, but your mother [or your older brother] must be responsible for you in case any emergencies happen. and thus- they need to be registered/badge for fanime as well to accompany you.

rules are rules, if your under 18 you must be accompanied by a guardian when picking up/purchasing your badge. What you do after you get your badge is completely up to you. But keep in mind any minor with disruptive behavior will be detained until a parent/guardian picks them up.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

SugarB

Thank you VERY much!

Thank you for clearing that up. Now I know what to work out with my brother and my friend. :]

I did pay in cash, but I showed my highschool ID card. Which, as I understand clearly at this point, is NOT something you should be able to use as a valid form of ID. My brother was 'accompanying' me then, but he was off somewhere while I was paying for my badge. So, I guess some things were a little off last year, huh? xD

I don't remember where or how my brother heard about using his hotel ID as a badge; he probably misunderstood when and how it can be used. Good thing for him to know now, and not later. Don't want to get into any messes. ;P

Ahh. Alright. So it won't matter if I'M the group leader, as long as I have valid gov. ID and my brother by my side, then?

On the side note, we now understand all these rules, and we completely agree to why they are in place. :] Legalities are one of the most important things when it comes to something of this nature.

Again, thanks so much on clearing all this up for me. I'll check back to see if the registration staff has anything regarding your post, Jerry. :D
Now you have a sudden HUNCH you're alone in the WORLD.
All alone with THINKS and HUNCHES all colored and curled!

ewu

If you have any more questions, I strongly encourage you to e-mail registrationATfanimeDOTcom.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom