FanimeCon 2010 Housing is OPEN!

Started by jdawson, January 11, 2010, 11:46:00 AM

jdawson

Dear FanimeCon Attendees:

Housing for 2010 is now open! Please use the following link to reserve a room:

https://www.cmrhousing.com/FANI_2A/Welcome.aspx

or, you may call our customer care team from Monday to Friday (6am to 6pm PST) at:

1.800.924.4232 (within the U.S. or Canada)
1.415.979.2282 (International)

Thank you!

FanimeCon 2010 Housing
[email protected]

KyraEnsui

I do have a question. Is it sold out for Thursday to Monday for the Hilton on double rooms? It is available for Friday to Monday, but not from Thursday. Thank you!

jdawson

Hello:

Currently there are no available double/double rooms on Thursday night at the Hilton. All other nights are available. If you wish to reserve to arrive on Friday, your reservation can be waitlisted for a Thursday night arrival. If you reserve over the phone, a customer care representative can help you with this. If you reserve online, please email [email protected] to request to be placed on the waiting list after your reservation is made.

Thank you.

Mr Anime

I had no trouble finding a room from Thursday-Monday.  :D
I'm the best at what I do. And what I do isn't very nice.

KyraEnsui

Quote from: jdawson on January 11, 2010, 01:37:01 PM
Hello:

Currently there are no available double/double rooms on Thursday night at the Hilton. All other nights are available. If you wish to reserve to arrive on Friday, your reservation can be waitlisted for a Thursday night arrival. If you reserve over the phone, a customer care representative can help you with this. If you reserve online, please email [email protected] to request to be placed on the waiting list after your reservation is made.

Thank you.

Oh okay. Thank you very much. I will email them to be on the waitlist.

Moonblossom

Wahoo, got myself a room at the Hilton.  :D

Still not thrilled about their new no-smoking policy, but my roomie said he doesn't mind going downstairs, and it's a small price to pay for the convenience.

BrightHeart76

Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Forced into the Ramada Limited again this year.
Damn Mob rule...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

LightandDarkSoul

Question.
When reserving online, does it charge the card right away or does it charge it when you arrive?

Barnes

Back to the Hilton for me. Dang, I'm slow 0_o

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on January 11, 2010, 09:51:50 PM
Forced into the Ramada Limited again this year.
Damn Mob rule...

Lol  :D
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

BrightHeart76

Quote from: LightandDarkSoul on January 11, 2010, 10:30:17 PM
Question.
When reserving online, does it charge the card right away or does it charge it when you arrive?

In my experience it only charges the card you guarantee with if you incur a penalty (like not showing up or canceling after the cut off date). 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

abcbadcat

FFFFFFFFFFF

Must talk this over tomorrow with my associates

Moonblossom

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on January 11, 2010, 11:28:09 PM
Quote from: LightandDarkSoul on January 11, 2010, 10:30:17 PM
Question.

In my experience it only charges the card you guarantee with if you incur a penalty (like not showing up or canceling after the cut off date). 

Same here. Most hotels, unless otherwise specified, will only charge you at the time of check-out. Unless it says something like "immediate payment required" which happens during sales sometimes, then the card is just to guarantee your room, not to pay right away.

Jerry

Just FYI you may want to update the Fanime Twitter and/or the main Fanime website.

Of course if you link it - they will come :D

Thanks Fanime Housing Staff prep crew!!!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Drakochan

When I posted my reservation, it said the Marriott has "comp internet"... Does that mean free wireless internet in the room? Just curious~ thanks
2010 Fanime
~Undertaker (Kuroshitsuji)
~Butler!Grell (Kuroshitsuji)
~Ceremonial Coat Gilbert (Pandora Hearts)
~Firo (Baccano!)
~Jade (ToA)
~Austria (Hetalia)
~Natsuo & Yoji (Loveless)
~TWEWY costume

Moonblossom

You might want to contact someone about that. All the documentation regarding the Marriott claims it's $12.95 a night, but I've seen a few people here mention they had free internet before.

https://www.cmrhousing.com/fani_2a/Amenities.aspx

heeroyuy135

Quote from: Drakochan on January 12, 2010, 10:53:53 AM
When I posted my reservation, it said the Marriott has "comp internet"... Does that mean free wireless internet in the room? Just curious~ thanks
Yes, they give you the "Wired-for-Business" package for free, which includes free internet, free local calls (handy for when your cellphone dies), and free long distance within the US (also handy for when your cellphone dies).

BTW, there's not many Friday-Tuesday rooms available at the Marriott and Hilton, but easily Thursday-Monday rooms available. Hello Day Zero!

Drakochan

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on January 12, 2010, 01:29:37 PM
Quote from: Drakochan on January 12, 2010, 10:53:53 AM
Yes, they give you the "Wired-for-Business" package for free, which includes free internet, free local calls (handy for when your cellphone dies), and free long distance within the US (also handy for when your cellphone dies).

BTW, there's not many Friday-Tuesday rooms available at the Marriott and Hilton, but easily Thursday-Monday rooms available. Hello Day Zero!

Awesome! Thank you for the quick reply :3
2010 Fanime
~Undertaker (Kuroshitsuji)
~Butler!Grell (Kuroshitsuji)
~Ceremonial Coat Gilbert (Pandora Hearts)
~Firo (Baccano!)
~Jade (ToA)
~Austria (Hetalia)
~Natsuo & Yoji (Loveless)
~TWEWY costume

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Knightfire

Friday - Monday stay at the Hilton Booked! Would do a Thurs - Mon, but then it starts to get expensive.
Starting work for Fanime 2011