FanimeCon 2010 Housing is OPEN!

Started by jdawson, January 11, 2010, 11:46:00 AM

Glitch

Glad to see you guys didn't waste any time when the news broke. I immediately called my friend up as soon as I saw it.

Aya Brea X

The HECK, they're already out of Hilton on Thursday night?  NARG!  WRRYYY!  I'll just e-mail about putting myself on a waitlist, then.

Kyra_Maverick

I booked for the Hilton and emailed for the wait list. If that doesn't work out then I'll be staying at the Marriott instead.

Xanreo

It reads 'Credit Card' but would I be able to use my Visa Debit Card to book my room instead?

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Xanreo on January 12, 2010, 08:29:01 PM
It reads 'Credit Card' but would I be able to use my Visa Debit Card to book my room instead?

Yes.  I use a VISA Debit Card every year.  Never had a problem.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Xanreo

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on January 12, 2010, 08:31:44 PM

Alright, that's good.
Thank You.

Now I have to choose a hotel; I want the Hilton but Thursday's unavailable; continues to mumble & grumble...

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

Eboni ninja

If you use your debit card do they take the first night out of your account when you book your room?
Cosplays for Fanime 2011:

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Eboni ninja on January 12, 2010, 09:09:46 PM

If you use your debit card do they take the first night out of your account when you book your room?

Not in my experience.  It's still just used to gaurantee the room.  They will only charge the card if you incur a penalty (like not showing up or cancelling after the cut off date).  I used my VISA Debit to reserve 2 rooms thru fanime housing yesterday and there was no charge.  You should be fine.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Super No 1

I got Marriott Thursday-Sunday night.  I always stay Monday night and check out on Tuesday morning, but it shows that Monday night is not available.  I'll just assume that it will become available later.  It's usually a ghost town on Monday night and I can't imagine that the hotel is sold out for Monday night.
Nergene A.
-super-no1.com - (Owner)
-J!-ENT - (Staff Photographer)
-Cosplay Underground - (Cosplay pictorials)

mlarad

Are there going to be Junior Suites available at the Marriott this year again?

Because I didn't see them in the list

chanocular

Quote from: mlarad on January 13, 2010, 06:39:57 PM

I want to know this too. When I check Marriott's site (http://www.sanjosemarriott.com/). I don't see suite's available on there either. I called the hotel directly before Fanime Housing for 2010 was available to inquire about the suites, they told me you have to book them over the phone.

It'd be cool if we can book through Fanime's housing bureau, and maybe get it discounted?  ;)

jdawson

Quote from: LightandDarkSoul on January 11, 2010, 10:30:17 PM
Question.
When reserving online, does it charge the card right away or does it charge it when you arrive?

Hello - No, your credit card is not charged when you make your reservation. The hotel has the option to charge a deposit of one night's room and tax approximately one week before your arrival date. They typically do not do this though. When you check in using a credit card, they swipe the card to obtain an authorization. This means that if you are using a debit card, funds will actually be frozen/unavailable for the time being. If you use a credit card, there will simply be an authorization on your account. You settle your bill by cash or credit card when you check out.

Regards,
FanimeCon Housing

jdawson

Quote from: Drakochan on January 12, 2010, 10:53:53 AM
When I posted my reservation, it said the Marriott has "comp internet"... Does that mean free wireless internet in the room? Just curious~ thanks

Hello - The Marriott only offers complimentary internet for FanimeCon guests who book rooms with a king bed in them. The internet is not free if any other room type is booked.

Regards,
FanimeCon Housing

jdawson

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on January 12, 2010, 01:29:37 PM
Quote from: Drakochan on January 12, 2010, 10:53:53 AM
When I posted my reservation, it said the Marriott has "comp internet"... Does that mean free wireless internet in the room? Just curious~ thanks
Yes, they give you the "Wired-for-Business" package for free, which includes free internet, free local calls (handy for when your cellphone dies), and free long distance within the US (also handy for when your cellphone dies).

BTW, there's not many Friday-Tuesday rooms available at the Marriott and Hilton, but easily Thursday-Monday rooms available. Hello Day Zero!

Hello - Wired for business is $12.95 per day. It is not a complimentary service that the Marriott provides. Complimentary internet is only provided if you reserve a room with a king bed.

Regards,
FanimeCon Housing

jdawson

Quote from: Super No 1 on January 13, 2010, 07:22:21 AM
I got Marriott Thursday-Sunday night.  I always stay Monday night and check out on Tuesday morning, but it shows that Monday night is not available.  I'll just assume that it will become available later.  It's usually a ghost town on Monday night and I can't imagine that the hotel is sold out for Monday night.

Hello - Please email us at [email protected] and provide your confirmation number along with desired arrival and departure dates and we will place your reservation on the waiting list.

Regards,
FanimeCon Housing

jdawson

Hello - Yes, Junior Suites are available based on request. Please email us at [email protected] with your desired arrival and departure dates and we will check availability.

Regards,
FanimeCon Housing

Eboni ninja

Quote from: jdawson on January 14, 2010, 04:04:41 PM

Hello - Yes, Junior Suites are available based on request. Please email us at [email protected] with your desired arrival and departure dates and we will check availability.

Regards,
FanimeCon Housing

How much does it cost for a Junior Suite?
Cosplays for Fanime 2011:

kyomaster

Quote from: Eboni ninja on January 14, 2010, 04:12:52 PM
Quote from: jdawson on January 14, 2010, 04:04:41 PM

Regards,
FanimeCon Housing

How much does it cost for a Junior Suite?

I too am interested in a junior suite and have a couple of questions to add

is 4 the max occupancy for the junior suite?
generally what does it look like? size? how many beds?

Mordyan

Sometimes I am at a loss why Fanime even has a web page... it is never updated in a timely matter (this is not just about housing but in general and has been this way for several years). I have been checking the housing link for weeks now and even checked it earlier today and it still points to last years housing page.  You even have a twitter account which I am subscribed to. Nothing.

Luckily I stopped by the forums tonight and saw the topic.

And on the topic of Thursday check ins and Tuesday check outs, I have done this for at least the last 4 year at the Marriott, and yet every year I have to email housing to special request it. Usually I can get a Fri to Tues or a Thurs to Mon on the reservation system at least, but this time I couldn't get either. I don't know why this is so hard to get. I know I am not the only one who does this. And I know the hotel wants my money.

Ok I am now off to email housing so I can see if I can get the days I want.

Aya Brea X

Did you guys notice that the Hotel link from the Fanime's Location page still takes you to 2009's closed reservation page?  Anyone who does not look here in the forums would not know how to reserve a hotel room.