FanimeCon 2010 Housing is OPEN!

Started by jdawson, January 11, 2010, 11:46:00 AM

Charis

Quote from: Jerry on February 01, 2010, 10:32:29 AMNow to pay for my house mortgage for my so called "expensive" home. *sigh* i hate paying bills at the beginning of the month.

Gah, THIS.  So much.

Though depending on what cons one is used to, I can see thinking the Fanime hotels expensive (I don't, but I'm used to thinking in terms of California hotel rates).  I remember looking at the rates for NDK and being shocked at how cheap they were -- though I think they're roughly on par with Fanime's this year.

Really, you want 'expensive' hotels, look at AX.  Fanime's are more than reasonable, especially given the timing and location.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

HimeNoToki

The room rates are very reasonable and fair, and I'm very glad I booked early because the San Jose Hilton is now booked solid.  Dang, I knew it would go fast but that's crazy! Anyhoo, question - I got my confirmation back from the Fanime Housing but the hotel itself has not directly contacted me yet about my reservation - should I be concerned or is this the norm?  Sorry if this is a newb question, my first Fanime and my first time booking a room this way.
FANIME 2010 COSPLAY PLANS!

Friday - Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)
Saturday - Xellos (SLAYERS NEXT)
Sunday - Reimi Sugimoto (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4)
           - Hitokiri Battousai (Rurouni Kenshin)

Moonblossom

That's totally normal. The hotel hasn't got your individual booking info yet, they usually transfer it all from the Fanime housing to the hotels much closer to the con. In past years, I never even got direct confirmation from the Hilton, only the CMR Housing group.

Lizchan33

Sooo....... I'm hoping there is going to be more rooms opened soon?????
Pretty much every hotel is booked solid except for the fairmont v_v I remember vaguely that last year this same thing happened.... I ended up booking my room in March or so.... I wonder if I'm to expect the same???

AntiVonn

Many thanks to the FanimeCon 2010 Housing team for quickly resolving the issue I had with my reservation.
I appreciate your help!

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Quote from: Charis on February 01, 2010, 01:49:00 PM
Quote from: Jerry on February 01, 2010, 10:32:29 AMNow to pay for my house mortgage for my so called "expensive" home. *sigh* i hate paying bills at the beginning of the month.

Gah, THIS.  So much.

Though depending on what cons one is used to, I can see thinking the Fanime hotels expensive (I don't, but I'm used to thinking in terms of California hotel rates).  I remember looking at the rates for NDK and being shocked at how cheap they were -- though I think they're roughly on par with Fanime's this year.

Really, you want 'expensive' hotels, look at AX.  Fanime's are more than reasonable, especially given the timing and location.

If you want suicide Hotel Rates AX is nothing.  Try the Convention Hotels of the San Diego Comic Con.  Once you look at this you might as well jump into a rapid waterfall because they love to wash away your monies.  Have a look at this.

https://www.tphousing.com/r/startres.asp?EICode=1878&AttCode=72
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

heeroyuy135

Quote from: Tsuchimi Rin-chan on March 22, 2010, 06:30:25 AM
Quote from: Charis on February 01, 2010, 01:49:00 PM

Gah, THIS.  So much.

Though depending on what cons one is used to, I can see thinking the Fanime hotels expensive (I don't, but I'm used to thinking in terms of California hotel rates).  I remember looking at the rates for NDK and being shocked at how cheap they were -- though I think they're roughly on par with Fanime's this year.

Really, you want 'expensive' hotels, look at AX.  Fanime's are more than reasonable, especially given the timing and location.

If you want suicide Hotel Rates AX is nothing.  Try the Convention Hotels of the San Diego Comic Con.  Once you look at this you might as well jump into a rapid waterfall because they love to wash away your monies.  Have a look at this.

https://www.tphousing.com/r/startres.asp?EICode=1878&AttCode=72
Not to mention only ONE HOTEL is open for AX ever since THEY STARTED TO TAKE RESERVATIONS.
In contrast, when Fanime opened up their hotels all of them were available from the start.