Mom Cusses out Principal

Started by SukebeStudios, January 17, 2010, 01:34:28 PM

SukebeStudios

I came across this AOL article, and honestly, I side with the mother on this one.

http://www.parentdish.com/2010/01/14/mom-who-cussed-out-principal-faces-charges/?icid=main|search3|dl3|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.parentdish.com%2F2010%2F01%2F14%2Fmom-who-cussed-out-principal-faces-charges%2F

After all, does it matter what UNDERWEAR you're wearing if you get "pantsed?" But another question, why did the mother not file charges against the boy for "assault" or hell, "sexual assault" if you want to take it that far? And the boy's a minor, so his PARENTS would have to be sued, yes?

PyronIkari

Quote from: SukebeStudios on January 17, 2010, 01:34:28 PM
I came across this AOL article, and honestly, I side with the mother on this one.

http://www.parentdish.com/2010/01/14/mom-who-cussed-out-principal-faces-charges/?icid=main|search3|dl3|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.parentdish.com%2F2010%2F01%2F14%2Fmom-who-cussed-out-principal-faces-charges%2F

After all, does it matter what UNDERWEAR you're wearing if you get "pantsed?" But another question, why did the mother not file charges against the boy for "assault" or hell, "sexual assault" if you want to take it that far? And the boy's a minor, so his PARENTS would have to be sued, yes?

This is stupid. Neither side was right. Principal was wrong. The mother being wrong after that, doesn't make her right. Did the principal deserve it? No, because it didn't accomplish anything. All it did was enforce the fact that the mother was just whining and being bitchy over trying to protect her daughter at all.

Parents do this all the time. Actually, people do this all the time. Instead of trying to accomplish anything, they just get mad and point fingers and just try to do whatever they can to get there was. When they fail to, or when something doesn't go exactly their way, they try to do whatever they can, tell superiors and whine there, or anything they can.

She went about it completely wrong and was stupid.

The principal did have some logic in what he did, but it was completely off base and inappropriate. Realistically, it didn't matter because exposure is exposure. Though he could have just been trying to get her in trouble as well since most schools do have a dress code about not wearing thongs. So REALISTICALLY he did have a point, it was just addressed at the wrong time and for the wrong reasons. So he was stupid about that.

The mom was unjustified in what she did, did it warrant all of this? No. She made something much bigger than she had to, and in turn the board is making it much bigger than they have to. It's stupid.

Another case of people over reacting for no reason, and trying to make a big deal out of something just because they disagree or think they're being wronged.

But as a meta the whole bullying things. Bullying happens. Frankly, if it didn't, I think the world would be WORSE off. Of course, bullying shouldn't be taken to far, but hierarchies are established and learned in school. Without them, kids wouldn't learn about being better, worse, popular, disliked, etc. All of these things are rather important to know about, because if they don't, when they reach business world, the same problems still exist. Favorites are played and politics exist in the work force and everyone's social life. You have to learn them as a kid to be able to deal with them as an adult. Because as kids, there's a small level and things are easily dealt with compared to being an adult.

ewu

I have to agree, many people have valid logic and ideas but find a wholly inappropriate way to address the issues. It's unfortunate that people are unable to act as adults and realize what is appropriate behavior and what is not. In all honestly this person that was socially inept and was probably bullied as a child herself. this event may have been spawned because she was either was overcome by the experience or simply never grew up. I think these people are a burden on society as so we need to start young and teach responsible children.

I also enjoy thinking of ways to "fix" these people, but there is nothing I can do. Unfortunately either an emotionally wounding experience or encountering a violent victim of their idiocy will be the ultimate end. Will their lesson ever be learned?
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Jerry

I quickly glanced thru the article...

but does anyone find anything wrong with a 13yr old [allegedly] wearing a thong ?  ???

i dont care for swearing...

but this lady is is really in the running for a parent of the year award. [sarcasm] :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Liquid

Important Note: None of the news articles ever confirmed if the mother answered the question about what type of underwear her daughter was wearing at the time. Nor did the school staff accuse or see the daughter wearing a particular type of underwear. Read the article. -_-

I see no issue here worth taking the mom to court over.

1.) She went to the school board seminar where the topic was bullying.
2.) She brought up the issue that happened with her daughter.
3.) The school board didn't seem to care about that particular example of bullying.
4.) The mom got kind of upset and voiced her opinions on the issue.
5.) The principal asked what kind of underwear her daughter was wearing at the time. His excuse? "I had to find out what body parts were actually revealed."
6.) Later the mom cussed out the principal in a nearby hallway (not in the middle of the meeting.)
7.) The mom calmed down and even apologized to the principal before she eventually left the building.
8.) Now she is being taken to court by the school board.

I find the school board more at fault here. The mom brought this up in the correct manner at a meeting specifically derived to deal with parent's issues on the topic of bullying. The school board did not care about this particular example and when the mom pressed the issue the principal decided to ask about what type of underwear she had been wearing at the time of the bullying.

It is my opinion that the principal asked this for one reason and that was to kill the particular topic the mom was bringing up for more serious bullying problems. He probably planned to do this in one of two ways.

1.) No thong: It's the same as wearing bathing suit bottoms. Nothing over the rating of a PG movie was exposed and thus should not cause long term scarring as other major long term bullying does.

2.) Thong: Yes, a large amount of your daughter's flesh was exposed without her consent, but this would not have been the case if she had been wearing the normal underwear she should have been for her age group. Regardless, this type of issue should not cause long term scarring as other major long term bullying does.

However, this did not work out in his favor and probably would never work out with either response when he is addressing this type of issue with an angry mother or father.

He basically decided that this topic wasn't important and pissed the mom off. She took action and in a side hallway cussed him out for it. However, at least she had the guts and mindset to apologize for her actions directly after the fact. Now she is being taken to court by the school board? What a ridiculous way to waste tax payer money.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

Jerry

Quote from: Liquid on February 10, 2010, 11:57:06 AM
What a ridiculous way to waste tax payer money.

Quoted for Truth.
Seems pretty lame to waste money over pretty trivial matters.  :-\

Touya no Miko

Quote from: Jerry on February 10, 2010, 09:40:16 AM

but does anyone find anything wrong with a 13yr old [allegedly] wearing a thong ?  ???

but this lady is is really in the running for a parent of the year award. [sarcasm] :P

I heard of Nine-year-olds wearing thongs. D:

The older sister even bought it for her.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

PyronIkari

Quote from: Touya no Miko on February 21, 2010, 11:12:26 PM

I heard of Nine-year-olds wearing thongs. D:

The older sister even bought it for her.

Why do you reply to old threads with nothing constructive to say. It's as if you don't even care what the point of the thread is, but you see something and just want to reply to it for no reason.

Please read threads and reply with something worth reading, instead of whatever just decides to come out of your head. This applies double for this section of the forum. That comment has nothing to do with this thread.

Touya no Miko

I'm sorry for offending anyone.  I was just simply replying to someone's concern about young girls wearing skimpy underwear, stating it's not so unusual nowadays for young girls to wear such things. I apologize for not contributing to the thread, that is pretty disrespectful. 

Well, everyone pretty much voiced out my thoughts about both sides being in the wrong. I really don't think it's the school's business to ask a young girl if she was wearing a thong, unless she was showing it off for the world to see, which she wasn't. Shouldn't they be more concerned that some punk kid harassed her? And this was during a seminar about bullying? The mom overreacted, my guess is that she's suffering from some kind of insecurities and trying to stand up for what little pride she has left. If anything she made the situation even worse for her daughter.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Jerry

@ Touya no Miko - Dont worry about it- I say retarded stuff all the time. Just Take Pyron's advice with a grain of salt - because this still is a random and semi open forum.

Heck, - I had the same random question/comment of why the Principal asked about underwear- I thought it was out of place and the reason why I thought the mother when off the handle.

and after actually reading the article - the mom flew off the handle after the fact which made it seem more bizarre.

in general kids and parents need a reality check- and the world just isnt normally nice.  :-\
some ppl dont want to learn or do a morality check before they act on something...

eh, to each is own. I'm probably wrong and because of I've been "fired" from the boards... again.  :P

ichigocorcor

thongs aren't just for hookers, you know. thongs are to prevent these horrid occurrences called "panty lines"- and yes, my mother bought me thongs when i was in middle school because she wanted to see her daughter dressed properly.
Third-Year Fanime Panelist~
Team Lift XMA&Pokemon Cafe
Cosplay Plans

PyronIkari

Quote from: ichigocorcor on April 28, 2010, 09:11:36 AM
thongs aren't just for hookers, you know. thongs are to prevent these horrid occurrences called "panty lines"- and yes, my mother bought me thongs when i was in middle school because she wanted to see her daughter dressed properly.

Proper dress? Since when did not having a pantyline become proper dress for a preteen? I'm not saying thongs are for whores and sluts or anything like that, but seriously, there's a thing called good taste, and even I think preteens have a lot more to worry about than whether or not their pantyline shows.

ichigocorcor

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 28, 2010, 01:18:58 PM
Quote from: ichigocorcor on April 28, 2010, 09:11:36 AM

Proper dress? Since when did not having a pantyline become proper dress for a preteen? I'm not saying thongs are for whores and sluts or anything like that, but seriously, there's a thing called good taste, and even I think preteens have a lot more to worry about than whether or not their pantyline shows.

if you recall my statement, i said my mom purchased them so that she could dress me properly. I didn't care about it, she did. yes, a lot of preteens dress like sluts (i work at a mall) but generalizing is definitely weak in this case.
Third-Year Fanime Panelist~
Team Lift XMA&Pokemon Cafe
Cosplay Plans

PyronIkari

Quote from: ichigocorcor on April 28, 2010, 01:36:33 PM

if you recall my statement, i said my mom purchased them so that she could dress me properly. I didn't care about it, she did. yes, a lot of preteens dress like sluts (i work at a mall) but generalizing is definitely weak in this case.

You missed the point of my statement completely. I really shouldn't as it's off topic,  but I will anyways.

If your mother is telling you to wear a thong at that age because it's "proper dress" then she is molding you into something that IS generalized especially to peers of that age. Who's to say, that the mother of the person in this article didn't get the kid thongs to wear for that very reason, and that was the reasoning of the bullying? The kids attacked the girl for wearing thongs? Who knows... but it's easily reasonable. When kids are put into a situation like that, it makes them a target, because "they're trying to grow up" while the other kids are still kids, so they get picked on.

But this goes on to parenting methods as well as peer approval, and... frankly, I don't think you're up for that.