Re: Butler thread - Fanimaid Cafe Feedback 2009 + Thank you!

Started by zevBlue, January 23, 2010, 08:25:31 PM

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Touya no Miko on February 18, 2010, 11:28:23 PM
Quote from: Mizuki on February 11, 2010, 10:48:45 PM
Quote from: Touya no Miko on February 11, 2010, 09:19:32 PM
Just to inform you, a Maid cafe isn't just targeted towards males. Females and kids go to maid cafes just for the fun of it.

Uhhhhhh, and who said that it was just targeted for males? I'm sure you can read a ton of the recent maid cafe threads and see that the staff even acknowledges that! Heck, where did we even explicitly say that? Nowhere. The Maid Cafe higher ups know this, they've been to maid cafes in Japan, so I have no idea why you feel the need to point it out.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I had no intention of offending anyone. I am not pointing this out to the whole thread, just the OP who seems to get the concept that a Maid cafe is a male central fantasy theme. I guess I'm just a little too late to explain, or should have used quotes to comment the message clearer. Again, my apologies if that sounded like a snooty remark to the staff, it was aimed towards the OP.

Earlier in the thread, staff has stated on several occasions that a reason why a maid cafe is more suitable for FanimeCon is because it's more suitable for everyone, male or female. It was brought up to point out that the demographic for a butler cafe is far more limited to aiming at female fans that are interested in that genre, whether or not guys also attend.

Our entire point in responding to this thread was pretty much about how maid cafes are directed towards everyone. I disagreed that the counterparts are as simple as "maid cafe = for guys, butler cafe = for girls" because that's totally not how it works. It generally is towards the male demographic, but it welcomes girls equally.

Please have more faith in our staff in being very very knowledgeable on the subject.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

clawmaster

with skimming through this thread I have only one question to ask. well kinda throwing it out there, will it ever come to a time where there be a maid cafe that have both maids and butler types serving? yes I do understand the reason for the maids other then the general male demographic as it targets everyone to have fun, and I see that. Its just more of, can guys have fun too wanting to do the same thing? I mean I am a guy and I would like to do sort of the same thing, without changing my entire sex to do so lol. Just you know, guys like to have fun doing the same thing as girls do sometimes.  

EDIT: well not to get yelled at by some staffers here, I just let this be. Though would love to take up on the offer of suggesting and running the idea one of the staffers have said, just to kinda see what happens. But like me and other fans we don't know the first thing about setting up a butler type of cafe. But I have a feeling if it ever was made into a real deal that it would be fine. I mean honestly fanime is about fun, and i am sure there be something to be earned back from all the money invested in such a thing but I would like to someday see this happen. If not, then I do it >D. maybe not now but sometime in the future where fun is the law of the land and haters can walk away quietly.

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

PyronIkari

Quote from: clawmaster on April 12, 2010, 06:07:35 PM
with skimming through this thread I have only one question to ask. well kinda throwing it out there, will it ever come to a time where there be a maid cafe that have both maids and butler types serving? yes I do understand the reason for the maids other then the general male demographic as it targets everyone to have fun, and I see that. Its just more of, can guys have fun too wanting to do the same thing? I mean I am a guy and I would like to do sort of the same thing, without changing my entire sex to do so lol. Just you know, guys like to have fun doing the same thing as girls do sometimes.  

EDIT: well not to get yelled at by some staffers here, I just let this be. Though would love to take up on the offer of suggesting and running the idea one of the staffers have said, just to kinda see what happens. But like me and other fans we don't know the first thing about setting up a butler type of cafe. But I have a feeling if it ever was made into a real deal that it would be fine. I mean honestly fanime is about fun, and i am sure there be something to be earned back from all the money invested in such a thing but I would like to someday see this happen. If not, then I do it >D. maybe not now but sometime in the future where fun is the law of the land and haters can walk away quietly.

Didn't I say to READ the thread and not SKIM THROUGH the thread. Seriously... I mean seriously. It more than annoys me when people jump in to this and give their opinion and say they want something... but really have no clue what they're asking for. It annoys me even more when what they ask has already been addressed and reasons have been more than given to explain why not.

BUT TO REITERATE FOR THE SOME ODD 8th TIME.

Butlers are not the same as maids. They are not for both sexes. Cafes like this are very role oriented. Maids are maids... butlers are butlers. How volunteers act(or those that do this as an actual job) are there to fit a role. Although there are different "kinds" of "butler cafes" all of them share a very very very common theme in how the butlers are supposed to act and interact with customers.

Before you open up and suggest something again, have a clue what you're talking about. Research butler cafes, and research how and why they exist. Despite us already mentioning this time and time and time and time again, people seem to not want to bother even reading the threads they're posting in, let alone actual research into what they're suggesting.

I'm not trying to shut people up, and I'm very open to listening to what people have to say, but this is just ridiculous. We're just getting the same idea repeated over and over again with no real thought or reasoning as to why, and no real clue as to how or what.

Butler cafes are only for a very limited demographic.

LOVE.SAE

I'm sure this idea can go through as long as it has a proper blueprint in a way.
There is one popular butler cafe in Ikebukuro where I originally came from on Otome Road.
It is named the Swallowtail.

QuoteAll of the butlers received at least one month of professional training on their manners; ways of speaking and different types of English tea. Hence they all speak very polite Japanese. As you enter the cafe, you would be greeted with 「お帰りなさいませ、お嬢様」 (Welcome back, my lady), as if you are their important 'Oujo-sama' back home after a long day. They would take your belongings and let you rearrange yourself in front of a large mirror before taking you to the dinning area.

Of course it is excessive to create this type of setting at Fanime, and it is possible with of course, income. This idea isn't horrible, but these ideas are to be taken seriously if the person is willing to go through such lengths with it.

If it were to be taken seriously, I'm sure it will appeal, it is true it might not receive as much variety of customers in genders such as the maid cafe, but that is why this is still an idea. Possibly, maybe there are some males who want to be treated as a young master by a butler. We wouldn't know since the community in the forum is small, but larger in the convention. This can be the 黒執事 influence.

Here is a video of Swallowtail:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0Oot6HUGiY

PyronIkari

Quote from: LOVE.SAE on April 12, 2010, 10:11:21 PM
I'm sure this idea can go through as long as it has a proper blueprint in a way.
There is one popular butler cafe in Ikebukuro where I originally came from on Otome Road.

QuoteAll of the butlers received at least one month of professional training on their manners; ways of speaking and different types of English tea. Hence they all speak very polite Japanese. As you enter the cafe, you would be greeted with 「お帰りなさいませ、お嬢様」 (Welcome back, my lady), as if you are their important 'Oujo-sama' back home after a long day. They would take your belongings and let you rearrange yourself in front of a large mirror before taking you to the dinning area.

Of course it is excessive to create this type of setting at Fanime, and it is possible with of course, income. This idea isn't horrible, but these ideas are to be taken seriously if the person is willing to go through such lengths with it.

If it were to be taken seriously, I'm sure it will appeal, it is true it might not receive as much variety of customers in genders such as the maid cafe, but that is why this is still an idea. Possibly, maybe there are some males who want to be treated as a young master by a butler. We wouldn't know since the community in the forum is small, but larger in the convention. This can be the 黒執事 influence.

fiuwahfaiwluhfp;awirjhp0aq9lujprtoawtujp;oawt

Seriously... seriously seriously seriously seriously seriously seriously seriously.

Are you joking? Yes, some guys wouldn't mind going to a butler cafe... that's a given, but your average female wouldn't. Your average male even less. You're saying let's invest thousands and thousands of dollars in something that, some girls would be interested and maybe like... 10 guys would be interested in going to.

There are so few butler cafes in general. Almost all of the butler cafes in Japan are in Ikebukuro... For every 50 maid cafes in Japan, there is like 1 butler cafe. Seriously, they are a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY small genre as their appeal is EXTREMELY SMALL. You people keep making your claims as if it could be a good idea, and you don't have a clue what you're talking about. As I said...

It's unrealistic because the appeal is to such a small audience. There's little interaction, and it's more of a fujyoshi appeal of being served by a stern masculine butler.

Oh, here's the funny thing about butler cafes in Japan too. A good amount of them are female run. Meaning... the butlers are girls dressed up as butlers. But, surely those of you asking for one knew this already.

LOVE.SAE

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 12, 2010, 10:32:48 PM
Quote from: LOVE.SAE on April 12, 2010, 10:11:21 PM

fiuwahfaiwluhfp;awirjhp0aq9lujprtoawtujp;oawt

Seriously... seriously seriously seriously seriously seriously seriously seriously.

Are you joking? Yes, some guys wouldn't mind going to a butler cafe... that's a given, but your average female wouldn't. Your average male even less. You're saying let's invest thousands and thousands of dollars in something that, some girls would be interested and maybe like... 10 guys would be interested in going to.

There are so few butler cafes in general. Almost all of the butler cafes in Japan are in Ikebukuro... For every 50 maid cafes in Japan, there is like 1 butler cafe. Seriously, they are a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY small genre as their appeal is EXTREMELY SMALL. You people keep making your claims as if it could be a good idea, and you don't have a clue what you're talking about. As I said...

It's unrealistic because the appeal is to such a small audience. There's little interaction, and it's more of a fujyoshi appeal of being served by a stern masculine butler.

Oh, here's the funny thing about butler cafes in Japan too. A good amount of them are female run. Meaning... the butlers are girls dressed up as butlers. But, surely those of you asking for one knew this already.

I am not saying we should do this idea, I was just placing my opinion in this if the person who came up with this idea, it will not be successful unless taken serious. And also, like I said, there is such a small community on this forum, and a larger community at the convention so we would not know what the attendees would prefer.

Yes there are small amount of butler cafes, and the demand is small. I do believe I know what I am talking about... I did not place any opinion if this is a good or bad idea, it's an idea that must be taken seriously if you want it. Which that person much know what they are doing.

And yes, some are even based on the Takarazuka Revue too, but these each have certain appeal.

ewu

hey guys, if you are interested, put together a proposal and contact the appropriate people or even me...but until then, less talk more do. thread locked.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom