One Piece Day 0 dinner/photoshoot

Started by reyn, January 28, 2010, 09:19:01 PM

reyn

Not to be confused with the actual OP gathering thread, the purpose of the dinner is to get to dress up on the afternoon/evening of day 0, eat, take some hilarious pictures, and get to know your fellow OP cosplayers in a laid-back setting before the con starts.

This OP day 0 dinner/photoshoot was started at Otakon by Ichigogami and was a ton of fun, so I decided to drag it along to whatever west coast con I happen to be attending.

How this will work is we will meet up at a designated location for anyone who wants to take pictures. It's a good way to get smaller group shots seeing as how the official gatherings tend to be huge. We then head over to a designated restaurant later on to eat. That's usually where the majority of people show up and its a great opportunity to goof off as whomever you're cosplaying as while getting fun crack shots (example of fun crack shots can be found here).

Past experiences promise this is a fun idea.

Dinner Time: 6.30-8.30pm
Dinner Location: Johnny Rockets
Photoshoot Location: Convention entrance by the fountains
Photoshoot Time: 5.30-6.30pm

So...any takers?

Strawhats

Luffy
Naruto_Lover22 Strong World mafia
Haku Zoi's friend
StarAssassin

Zoro
Tenshiryuu

Nami
Ladelle Strong World mafia

Usopp
Haku Zoi's friend

Robin
Ahja Reyn Strong World mafia

Brooke
Tenshiryuu's friend

Shichibukai
Boa Hancock
Lunapokema

Other Pirates
Buggy
Haku Zoi's friend

Gol D. Roger
Otaking007

Shanks
Haku Zoi

Marines
Coby
Haku Zoi's friend

Lucci
junkeemunky

Tashigi
bishounenizer

Other Characters
Vivi
Haku Zoi's friend

Shuraiya
klayr

Undecided/Unsure
Darkin

reyn

Votes are starting to go down for Johnny Rockets as our dinner location over at coscom.

reyn

Otaking007

I Gol D. Roger vote for Johnny Rockets.

reyn

LOL! Well, with Gol D. Roger's vote, I guess that makes Johnny Rockets the official dining place XD

reyn

I found a few pictures from the last Day 0 gathering!!

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/naruto_yaoi_lover22/Anime%20Expo%202009/100_2537.jpg
this one actually has nothing to do with the gathering...its just what happened to Mihawk's sword en route to AX.

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/naruto_yaoi_lover22/Anime%20Expo%202009/100_2536.jpg
lol.

ok ok, real pictures now.

01 |02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20

These were all from a friend's camera. I still haven't been able to find the majority of shots I took on my own...*sighs*

reyn

Okay. I was thinking about making the dinner for 6.30, meaning eating won't really get underway until 7...so then photos beforehand at 5...then if anyone wants to linger after dinner for some indoor shots somewhere, that can be up to them. That should work out.

But then where to meet to take pictures...

reyn

Photoshoot location has been decided upon. Same place as the official OP gathering - the con entrance by the fountains.

reyn

photoshoot time bumped back to 5.30 instead of 5.

Lunapokema

Awesome! I'm so happy I finally got onto the forums! ^^ I'm doing all OP cosplay this year so I'll definately be attending this. I have Water7!Nami, ThrillerBark!Robin, StrongWorld!Luffy, Canon!Luffy, and Boa Hancock. Since the mugiwara crew looks pretty full, I'll probably come as Hancock!
Can't wait to see you all there; Any ideas as to which cosplay I should wear to the OP gathering? Last year there were no Nico Robin's at the fountains and I cosplayed her later that evening. XP Oops.
Fanime 2013 Cosplay:
Jack Frost (RotG)
Monkey D. Luffy (OP){Series start;2YL;Film Z}
Princess Luna (MLP)

Yaoi Is My Anti-Drug
Anime: Crack is Cheaper... XD

reyn

Woohoo! Hancock is the perfect addition to the list seeing as how we don't have any Shichibukai yet!

I'm not too sure about who's being what at the official gathering. I suggest checking out the cosplay.com forums and browsing through to see who has announced what characters they're being.

Otaking007

Sorry everyone I wont be able to attend the dinner as Roger, I was unable to get it ready in time for the con. I'll try and come as another character though.

reyn

D8 Awwwww!
I know how that goes. We're cutting it really close to the shipping deadline with our bazookas...

Who will you be if not Roger?