Asian Film Room

Started by failure, February 02, 2010, 02:06:38 PM

YaoiCat

I would love to see "My Darling is a Foreigner" ! If you do show it, can you show it on Saturday??  Heeheee  :)

squarebubblex

Cyborg Girl [JP]
A Millionaire's First Love [KR, 2006] It's older than 2008 but I want a chance to watch it :P
Baby and Me [KR]
Taiyou no Uta [JP]
Nana [JP]
Hello Schoolgirl [KR]
100 Days With Mr Arrogant [KR]
200 Pounds Beauty [KR]
My Sassy Girl [KR]

I personally don't really care how old the mv is as long as it's good! I don't know much about movies though, lol, I just watch dramas

TuddtFudders

Anyone else wanna watch trainmen?

ollieM

Love to see some Asian American films on the list myself. I suggest movies like "Fruit Fly" and "All About Dad" unless there'd be some copyright issues in which case you can completely disregard my post.

asianfilm

Working my way through the backlog of replies. I will say that the schedule has been completed and will be announced in the coming days.

As for the replies, here goes:

It's kind of tricky with those due to copyright. Also, the goal of the room was always to promote the latest films coming out of East Asia.

Quote from: ollieM on May 18, 2011, 11:55:54 PM
Love to see some Asian American films on the list myself. I suggest movies like "Fruit Fly" and "All About Dad" unless there'd be some copyright issues in which case you can completely disregard my post.

This was on the film schedule in years past, and with its popularity and our department's goal to promote newer films, I am not optimistic of this film's chances of showing up on any future schedules.

Quote from: TuddtFudders on May 15, 2011, 03:30:30 PM
Anyone else wanna watch trainmen?

Most of these have either been shown in previous years or have been licensed. We do have a lot of newer Japanese films that are on our schedule this year, though, so I do hope you will enjoy those!

Quote from: squarebubblex on May 11, 2011, 02:18:29 PM
Cyborg Girl [JP]
A Millionaire's First Love [KR, 2006] It's older than 2008 but I want a chance to watch it :P
Baby and Me [KR]
Taiyou no Uta [JP]
Nana [JP]
Hello Schoolgirl [KR]
100 Days With Mr Arrogant [KR]
200 Pounds Beauty [KR]
My Sassy Girl [KR]

I personally don't really care how old the mv is as long as it's good! I don't know much about movies though, lol, I just watch dramas

We didn't put this on the schedule this year, but we can consider it for next year's room.

Quote from: YaoiCat on May 04, 2011, 09:19:54 AM
I would love to see "My Darling is a Foreigner" ! If you do show it, can you show it on Saturday??  Heeheee  :)
Brandon Tomyoy
Manager, Fanime Asian Film
Stage Zero Personality

virilevocalist

Hella stoked for the Asian film room!  ;D  In the previous FanimeCons I went to, it was like the best kept secret for people in the know.

Probably not really a secret anymore, seeing as how asian film fandom has drastically increased over the past decade, but it'll always be my favorite screening room.
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

virilevocalist

I'd like to see more films starring Abe Hiroshi next year. He's like my hero, hahaha.

Salty Pearl

I was a little bit disappoint as to how few horror films there were,
which was a main reason I wasn't as interested in the Film Room.

I'm not really a romance comedy kind of person, and there are probably more
fans out there thinking the same thing,
can I suggest more films like Three Extremes or the original Juon series ?

virilevocalist

kentuckyfried

Quote from: kentuckyfried on April 17, 2010, 04:53:30 AM
I missed the screening of "Fine, Totally Fine" I think last year...please play it again if you have it.   

I 2nd that.   

kentuckyfried

Quote from: ollieM on May 18, 2011, 11:55:54 PM

I've not actually seen any Asian-American films at Fanime, ever.     Has there ever been any in past years?

kentuckyfried

Quote from: virilevocalist on April 01, 2012, 08:39:39 PM
Survive Style 5+!!!

YES!

Just don't put the screening at 5 a.m. in the morning when most people will miss it.

SEN-5241

You know I always walk by this room and no one is ever in it. I think because it always seems to be some kind of serious drama that most people will not be in the mood for in a fun convention setting. I think you should consider doing more crazy sci-fi kind of movies, like "The War in Space" or even better, all 5 episodes of MST3K where they watched Gamera episodes.

elflady_2001

Any chance of seeing the live action Rurouni Kenshin movie?

kirariken

Quote from: elflady_2001 on January 24, 2013, 09:42:47 PM

I am discussing this currently with those higher than me.
Video Programming

virilevocalist

I'm hoping Thermae Romae will be showing this year.

raltga

THIS.

chifunii

I'd love to see both Rurouni Kenshin and Thermae Romae! I've heard fantastic things about both films and have been waiting for them to be shown in the Bay Area.
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

virilevocalist

Rurouni Kenshin was good! I saw it in LA! Wouldn't mind seeing it again, hahaha.

elflady_2001

Quote from: kirariken on January 27, 2013, 06:05:58 PM

I am discussing this currently with those higher than me.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

@virilevocalist, that's cool!  I was really lucky to see this in Tokyo last October when I was on vacation and was blown away.  I got excited when they said it would be shown at EigaFest in LA since I was expecting it to get a wider release after that.  So bummed that it hasn't been and that the DVD that's available doesn't have English subtitles. :(