Advice on hotels please!

Started by llaaannniiii, February 04, 2010, 06:04:14 PM

llaaannniiii

So i didn't know that the fanime housing was up already until a week ago and i am totally bummed out my top picks are gone, Marriot, Hilton, and St. Claire  :'(. So i was wondering if you guys think i should book a room at fairmont cause its the only hotel opened for the days i want, 28 - 31, or should i just wait it out till near May to see if a room opens up? You're advices would help a lot! Thank youuu  :)

Setsuryou

The likelihood of any rooms being freed up by May is probably unlikely to occur. If it's your only choice, book a room at the Fairmont. Otherwise, you can check out the Roommates Wanted thread. I had to room with several people 2 years ago cause I didn't book a room in time and nothing showed up available. Though the room hostess was really awesome and only charged me $50 for the whole weekend.

BrightHeart76

My suggestion would be to make your reservation where you can, but contact Fanime Housing and get your name on the waiting list for the hotels you want.  If something opens up you'll already be in line for the room and you run a better chance of getting the room you want.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Mango Bunny

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 04, 2010, 07:09:01 PM
My suggestion would be to make your reservation where you can, but contact Fanime Housing and get your name on the waiting list for the hotels you want.  If something opens up you'll already be in line for the room and you run a better chance of getting the room you want.

This.

Tony

Thirded. There are attrition on the rooms; usually something like 5-10% up and leave their reservation. Get on the waiting list, for sure!
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

TC X0 Lt 0X

Look into the Ramada Limited as well.
Cheap little hotel that is only 2 blocks off con.
Inexpensive and will probably have a few rooms open up until a little before Con.
Free Breakfast too.
Not my first choice but it is not bad for a last resort. I will be there regretfully because my roommates would rather stay there then get a room at the Hilton for about the same price.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

llaaannniiii

ok so i took your advices and booked a room at the fairmont and emailed fanime housing to be on the waitlist! thanks everyone for your help! i reaallyy needed it  :D. i just hope i get off the waiting list sooon!  :)