Whose Line is it Anime, Coming Back?

Started by Althena, February 09, 2010, 12:09:28 PM

Althena

Hello,

I apologize if this has been talked about somewhere. I tried doing a search and did not have much luck with it.
Will this panel be brought back for 2010? If so, who would we have to get a hold of if we wanted to perform?

My boyfriend and I are long attending Fanime goers, and are also both professional Improvisational actors. We would love to be a part of this panel, but are unclear as to who would be the best to contact. Or, I am completely blind, which happens...I have a very strong eye prescription.
here lies everything...the world I wanted at my feet... my victory's complete...

otakuapprentice

I don't know who took charge of this project after I had to bow out from it back in '07, but for anyone that has been to it in the last couple of years, can you give me an example as to the 'games' they played, or the format in which the panel took place? (originally it wasn't a panel, but something that was supposed to be done on stage zero; how it ended up becoming a panel, I have no idea)

If no one decides to come forth, I would like to work on this again.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Althena

Oh dear, you are correct. This should be in the Live Events/Programming section, not the Panels and Workshops section. :( So sorry for the inconvenience.
here lies everything...the world I wanted at my feet... my victory's complete...

Kava

No, actually you are in the right place. ^___^

I'm sorry my response to this is a little late.

okatuapprentice: Let me tell you what happened!

Hi, by the way!

We had a submission a few years ago from a group that wanted to do a 'Whose Line is it Anime' presentation, I don't currently recall the name of the group, so I'll assume that was you! It was approved, but never took place, because the group backed out and were unable to come.

Later, in discussion between myself and my division head, we decided it would be a great idea to put on a panel of this type - having some of our GOH's be the performers. We've done that for the last two years now.

This year, I've had a submission from a group that wants to do the Whose Line is it Anime presentation... (I'll assume that's you again?) but I haven't yet had a chance to reply to that particular panel request. (I lost both computers, and have only had my new one for a few days, so I'm a bit behind... again... sorry!)

Althena - if you want to be a part of the panel, we can explore that possibility. At the moment, I'm not sure who will be hosting the panel this year yet, or if our GOH's will be participating. Can you drop me an e-mail to [email protected] and remind me that you're interested in participating and give me an idea of your qualifications? Thank you!

~ Rena (Kava)
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

Setsuryou

From the last panel that I was at (08), John Osborne hosted it. Not too sure who actually set it up though.

otakuapprentice

I have not placed a panel request, so it isn't me. The only actual reason I got about what happened a few years ago when the remainder of our group backed out is that 'it was during the masquerade'....not the best excuse, IMO.

I am just glad the idea didn't go to waste.

After looking at the preliminary panel listing thread, is it Ric Meyers that is doing this, or is this a different event(I ask because of the similar but different panel name)?

Setsuryou

Quote from: otakuapprentice on March 25, 2010, 05:39:24 PM
I have not placed a panel request, so it isn't me. The only actual reason I got about what happened a few years ago when the remainder of our group backed out is that 'it was during the masquerade'....not the best excuse, IMO.

After looking at the preliminary panel listing thread, is it Ric Meyers that is doing this, or is this a different event(I ask because of the similar but different panel name)?

Now that I remember, last year Ric Meyers hosted a similar event. The only reason I remember is cause I took pics of everything (Patricia Ja Lee <3!). It was a pretty funny event altogether though.

Kava

Quote from: Setsuryou on March 26, 2010, 05:08:27 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on March 25, 2010, 05:39:24 PM

Now that I remember, last year Ric Meyers hosted a similar event. The only reason I remember is cause I took pics of everything (Patricia Ja Lee <3!). It was a pretty funny event altogether though.

There's a little confusion on that point. I'm still sorting through all the various requests and e-mails myself...
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

unclemilo

Quote from: otakuapprentice on February 09, 2010, 12:52:44 PM
I don't know who took charge of this project after I had to bow out from it back in '07, but for anyone that has been to it in the last couple of years, can you give me an example as to the 'games' they played, or the format in which the panel took place? (originally it wasn't a panel, but something that was supposed to be done on stage zero; how it ended up becoming a panel, I have no idea)

If no one decides to come forth, I would like to work on this again.

Hi there! In 2007, when you backed out, they asked me to host the event. I hosted "Whose Line is it Anime" for 2007, 2008, 2009 and the upcoming 2010... though now it is being called "Whose Line is it Fanime."

-Jonathan Osborne

otakuapprentice

At least I finally know the details; truth be told, I'm just glad this didn't go to waste and is still going strong. Keep up the good work.

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

HarpB

that is for the last fanime.. we don;t have one for this year where the members can submit sugggestion