Info For Artist Alley Reg

Started by imoto, February 10, 2010, 08:45:48 AM

ewu

Quote from: solipoo on April 06, 2011, 11:30:32 PM
now i just need to get the seller's permit, and i've made an appointment with boe saturday.
i have a question though. is it okay if i share a permit with my friend who is sharing the table with me? and how is sharing a permit different from having separate permits? what's better to do?

If your books are the same then you may share a permit. If you take money separate from someone else then you must have independent sellers permits. But, getting a permit is much more a hassle rather than a burden, so get one, lest you get audited by the BOE.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

solipoo

well we might be selling similar things, but i don't think we are splitting whatever we earn equally in half or whatever.
and she goes to berkeley and i go to santa clara university, and she probably won't be coming back for a couple of weeks, so we'll probably have to fill out the form separately anyways. (unless she comes back next week and i move my appointment to then, and we can get the permit together/share) augh such a hassle, and so confusing! ;n;

as always thanks for the quick response ewu :]

hachi: good luck! i was number 237, so they are slowly but surely approving the AA tables! c: if you have any questions they also respond super fast via email.

ewu

Quote from: solipoo on April 07, 2011, 12:50:20 AM
If you have any questions they also respond super fast via email.

You talk about us like we aren't right HERE right NOW reading your reply.... :P
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

catnapcaps

I seem to be having an issue on step 5. Both my partner and I have purchased our badges. I bought mine the day before AA reg went and he bought his a little while ago, but it says registration not found for both of us. Anybody else having this issue?

ewu

The reg IDs you have entered are incorrect. They should be in the format FXXXXX, X being numbers.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Zully

I just got my approval as well! I was number 242, for anyone keeping track (though I'm not sure the numbers indicate any order in which we were registered in.)

Now to hassle with getting a sellers permit. Far more confusing when you don't even live in California!

phr34kish

242 is getting closer to mine! I'm 268. So Hopefully not too much longer! ♥ Wheeee!

fidgey

I'm 243! Gosh I hope they're doing it in numerical order, because I'd be next!

tomatoes

Quote from: Jin on March 30, 2011, 01:59:39 AM
Same question as Skuldchan, except I have a studio. Can my writer and web designer sell? They don't draw, so they don't have a portfolio, but they're still part of the studio and contribute to it in other aspects. I registered with the studio name, and we'll only be getting one seller's permit. Am I the only one allowed to represent the studio since I'm the only one who draws?

Ah, I was kinda wondering about this!
The artist I'm sharing a table with also collaborates with a friend who will be Fanime (we're going to register her as a helper, since she'll be there to help both of us out and to hang out). My friend is kinda the main artist on that front, but the both of them are kinda one entity, so they can share a permit. I just want to make sure this is okay, and it doesn't cross the line of the 2 artist per table rule? So the artists would be (me, 1 permit) + (their collaborative, 1 permit).

haircurl

Quote from: fidgey on April 07, 2011, 11:35:24 AM
I'm 243! Gosh I hope they're doing it in numerical order, because I'd be next!

I'm 246 and got approved yesterday, so maybe not?

Mistiousstar

Now I feel sad  :(
My account number is 420 TT.TT

solipoo

Quote from: ewu on April 07, 2011, 01:01:51 AM

heehee... whoops

you kind of rock. and all the other AA staff too.
/pets

mist: don't lose hope! i like the stuff you're gonna sell :D ahhh i have to figure out more stuff to draw ;n;

colorchaos

Hello, I'm also stuck on Step 5, despite having entered the email and the Badge ID in FXXXXX format (X, of course, is the badge's number...) . It still tells me Registration Not Found in the Registration Status field. :C

Mistiousstar

Quote from: solipoo on April 07, 2011, 06:10:48 PM
Quote from: ewu on April 07, 2011, 01:01:51 AM

heehee... whoops

you kind of rock. and all the other AA staff too.
/pets

mist: don't lose hope! i like the stuff you're gonna sell :D ahhh i have to figure out more stuff to draw ;n;

Thank you so much, I'll stay strong and keep my hopes ups up!!!
Thank you again solipoo XD
*cross my fingers >.<

Mistiousstar

Quote from: colorchaos on April 07, 2011, 08:12:03 PM
Hello, I'm also stuck on Step 5, despite having entered the email and the Badge ID in FXXXXX format (X, of course, is the badge's number...) . It still tells me Registration Not Found in the Registration Status field. :C

How strange, may I ask what is the number of your account?  ^ ^

nionio

Okay I just got approved for a table (yay!) but unfortunately my artist partner cannot attend the event even though we originally registered as a group. She hasn't paid for an attendee registration badge. Is there a way to remove her from the group and just have me pay, move on to the next step of registration, and represent our studio? Or must she pay and be down 60$ in order for me to move on with registration?

Mistiousstar

Quote from: nionio on April 07, 2011, 08:20:49 PM
Okay I just got approved for a table (yay!) but unfortunately my artist partner cannot attend the event even though we originally registered as a group. She hasn't paid for an attendee registration badge. Is there a way to remove her from the group and just have me pay, move on to the next step of registration, and represent our studio? Or must she pay and be down 60$ in order for me to move on with registration?

I believe if you want to make changes please email
artistalley at fanime dot com
or
[email protected]
You have the option to reserve the whole table, but just to make sure, email AA staff!!!

colorchaos

Quote from: Mistiousstar on April 07, 2011, 08:15:13 PM

The account # is 328, my approval came in around 6:30 today, was so happy about that @_@

Mistiousstar

Quote from: colorchaos on April 07, 2011, 08:31:08 PM
Quote from: Mistiousstar on April 07, 2011, 08:15:13 PM

The account # is 328, my approval came in around 6:30 today, was so happy about that @_@

Ahhh, thank you for the response!!!
If that's the case, try e-mailing them here:
artistalley at fanime dot com
or
artistalley AT fanime DOT com
They reply pretty fast XD

mod edit: anti spam

megamoth

I am guessing account numbers have little to do with the order of approval? I am #241, and I am concerned since I haven't gotten my confirmation yet. I know folks who certainly signed up after me have already been approved. I just want to make sure that something didn't happen to my email confirmation or anywthing D: !