Info For Artist Alley Reg

Started by imoto, February 10, 2010, 08:45:48 AM

LiL Moon

On the email it states:

"Once the Artist Alley staff reviews the supplied link to your work and sees that it meets the rules of the Artist Alley Table Agreement, your account will then be able to make payment."

Do that mean that we will not have to pay right away when we sign up and we will be notified later?

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: ancatsidhe on March 23, 2011, 08:50:21 PM
That said, will group registration be happening in a similar manner as it did last year, where the group leader would register their group in an account as stated above (instead of having to send an email to AA as we did last year) and designate which artists would be a member of that group while the 'secondary' artists sign up and pay for their own tables under the umbrella of that group? Or is the group leader now going to be responsible for the purchase of all desired tables (presumably with the understanding that the members of the group would reimburse them)? It says that not every member of a group needs to sign up, but will there be a way of checking into the group account to confirm that an artist who is listed is, in fact, a member of the group?

The group leader opens an account of behalf of the group. Once the account submission receives approval from AA, then the group leader lists every member. As for payment, the details are still being worked out. For Friday, you just have to worry about signing up and opening an account. Nobody is paying yet (until they are approved), so we'll let you know more when everything's ironed out for payment!

Quote from: LiL Moon on March 23, 2011, 10:03:17 PM
Do that mean that we will not have to pay right away when we sign up and we will be notified later?

Yep, the artist will not have to pay right away and will be notified afterward.
Kio
FanimeCon Artist Alley Staff 2011
Anime Expo LPTS Staff 2011
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011
Cafe Kintoki Maid/Host, Co-Manager 2011

WhiteTreeFox

Thanks staffers for all your hard work, this is all so exciting  ;D

A quick question about the portfolio submission, me and a friend will be sharing a table but for now only I (as the group leader) have a badge ID and an online portfolio link. On friday when submissions open will I need to have my partner's portfolio link to be available for viewing as well as my own or will that come later?

thank you once again for all your time and effort :3

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: WhiteTreeFox on March 24, 2011, 12:43:37 AM
Thanks staffers for all your hard work, this is all so exciting  ;D

A quick question about the portfolio submission, me and a friend will be sharing a table but for now only I (as the group leader) have a badge ID and an online portfolio link. On friday when submissions open will I need to have my partner's portfolio link to be available for viewing as well as my own or will that come later?

thank you once again for all your time and effort :3

That can come later. After you have registered for the table, you can start adding in your partner's information/links as well. (:
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

Ren_Zhao

Note about signups beginning tomorrow:  In signup, the primary artist will be able to provide information (name, address, etc.) of each member of his/her group.

Ready, everyone?! (:
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

Kimba616

Ok so just to clarify, if I'm planning on sharing a table with someone, do I need to provide their badge number as well? I've already purchased mine but my table partner can only go if we get the table, so she's holding off on buying her badge. Is this ok? Or does she need to buy her badge before tomorrow? Thanks!

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: Kimba616 on March 24, 2011, 09:28:03 PM
Ok so just to clarify, if I'm planning on sharing a table with someone, do I need to provide their badge number as well? I've already purchased mine but my table partner can only go if we get the table, so she's holding off on buying her badge. Is this ok? Or does she need to buy her badge before tomorrow? Thanks!

You don't need either badge numbers for the registration tomorrow, actually. It seems that payment for tables and badges have been combined for this year!
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

idontknow

what exactly do we need to know for AA registration?

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: idontknow on March 24, 2011, 09:45:47 PM
what exactly do we need to know for AA registration?

Personal information, such as name, address, (presumably phone number?), email address, link to website/portfolio/artwork, what you might be selling, and information for group members (if applicable). You do not need to know any registration number, Seller's Permit number, or credit card information/etc. I think that should be it!
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

WhiteTreeFox

Ren thank you as always for your super speedy replies!
I do have one quick and hopefully easy question, since payment isn't needed immediately does that mean whoever can pay first will be given a table first, or is it by whoever registers first? I know I'll be able to be there tomorrow (mashing F5 lul) but if the portfolios have to be reviewed at a later date I'm not sure if I can be around to pay while I'm at work and stuff.

SO IN SHORT I GUESS: Is it first come first serve on table registration or on payment?

thank you everyone as always you guys are super duper!

Lowah

I also have a quick question because i'd rather make sure right now than search around aimlessly trying to find the answer.

I know what i have to have ready in order to register, but HOW will the registration process go? I'm a first-timer so this is all new to me.
Do we have to email the information to the/or any artist alley email address? Or is there a separate registration process (like the one for normal con registration) that will be open to fill out before the allotted time (12pm) so that we can send it in once registration opens? Sorry if these questions are weirdly worded but i'm getting really anxious. @_@;;; I hope its not too much trouble orz

Thanks in advance!

jAded

Quote from: Ren_Zhao on March 24, 2011, 09:43:00 PM
You don't need either badge numbers for the registration tomorrow, actually. It seems that payment for tables and badges have been combined for this year!

This is a direct contradiction of what we have been told repeatedly: that registration badges are separate from AA tables, that registration for both are separate processes.

So now they're combined? And if that's the case, why are we having to create new accounts to register for AA instead of signing into our accounts for registration and adding an AA table?

Clarification on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

sysadmin

Here's the basic breakdown:

Step 1: Create New Account, etc.
Step 2: Select Number of Tables, Add other artists (if you're a group, etc.)
Step 3: Submit, then Wait for Approval.
(after approval)

Step 4A: Pay for your Table.
Step 4B: Verify your Attendee Registration
(if you haven't paid for your attendee registration, you'll need to do that in the regular reg system, before the system lets you go to step 5)
(if you have paid for your attendee registration, the system will try to find it in the regular reg system, then go on to step 5)
Step 5A: Paperwork! (AA Table Agreement)
Step 5B: More Paperwork! (Seller's Permit)
(if you don't have a seller's permit, you'll need to take care of that before the system lets you go to step 6)
(if you have a seller's permit, you'll type it in)
Step 6: Done.

Essentially, there are two halves: getting yourself in the system, then taking care of the side stuff afterwards.

If you've already pre-registered an attendee membership, then 4B will be very fast.
Otherwise, it'll take a little longer.   That's all.

If you wish, you do not have to worry about pre-reg or seller's permit until after you're officially approved.  That's perfectly okay.

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: WhiteTreeFox on March 25, 2011, 12:57:31 AM
Ren thank you as always for your super speedy replies! 

I do have one quick and hopefully easy question, since payment isn't needed immediately does that mean whoever can pay first will be given a table first, or is it by whoever registers first? I know I'll be able to be there tomorrow (mashing F5 lul) but if the portfolios have to be reviewed at a later date I'm not sure if I can be around to pay while I'm at work and stuff.

SO IN SHORT I GUESS: Is it first come first serve on table registration or on payment?

thank you everyone as always you guys are super duper!

I hope I'm being of some help! x)

Let's hope the servers hold up while everyone's mashing F5 today! It will be first come first serve on review approval, which is based on the table registration.

Quote from: Lowah on March 25, 2011, 01:45:34 AM
I also have a quick question because i'd rather make sure right now than search around aimlessly trying to find the answer.

I know what i have to have ready in order to register, but HOW will the registration process go? I'm a first-timer so this is all new to me.
Do we have to email the information to the/or any artist alley email address? Or is there a separate registration process (like the one for normal con registration) that will be open to fill out before the allotted time (12pm) so that we can send it in once registration opens? Sorry if these questions are weirdly worded but i'm getting really anxious. @_@;;; I hope its not too much trouble orz

Thanks in advance!

There is a separate registration process that will be open to fill out starting at or around 12pm (noon). Registration "opening" is another way of saying the link is up and registration goes live.

Quote from: jAded on March 25, 2011, 02:11:45 AM
Quote from: Ren_Zhao on March 24, 2011, 09:43:00 PM

This is a direct contradiction of what we have been told repeatedly: that registration badges are separate from AA tables, that registration for both are separate processes.

So now they're combined? And if that's the case, why are we having to create new accounts to register for AA instead of signing into our accounts for registration and adding an AA table?

Clarification on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Like sysadmin said, the combined registration is just an option that you will have later on. If you already bought your badge, don't worry about it.
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

Ren_Zhao

Hey everyone, so I have a midterm today from 11-11:50 am (terrible timing, I know..), so I won't be online during that time to answer your questions on forums. If you have any urgent questions during that time, please redirect your questions to the AA 2011 Facebook group, where the head can give you as quick a reply as possible. I will be back to post the link for registration when it goes up! That is, unless Eric beats me to it. :P
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

Sneath

Quote from: sysadmin on March 25, 2011, 05:22:16 AM

Step 4A: Pay for your Table.
Step 4B: Verify your Attendee Registration
Step 5A: Paperwork! (AA Table Agreement)
Step 5B: More Paperwork! (Seller's Permit)

It seems a bit weird that we're supposed pay before we see the conditions (in paperwork) that we're paying with regard to.
Not that we haven't seem most everything in the FAQ and here, but it seems a bit out of order.

sysadmin

This is a good point.

The text of the agreement is available from before Step 1.

I believe there is a link to the Table Agreement on each page.

It's just that you can't check off "I agree to the Artist Alley Table Agreement" until 5A.

haircurl

Just thought I should leave the link here for everybody since the main page isn't updated yet

http://apps.fanime.com/2011/artist/

hikari_midorichan

Hello, quick question (I've sent this to the artist alley e-mail already, but just in case anyone knows on here...) for the portfolio submission, is it absolutely necessary to have all the merchandise my friends and I are planning to sell in our gallery? The thing is, we were waiting out for the registration before doing a lot of our merchandise, so we're a bit worried that we won't finish everything to be approved before all the tables are taken. :(

Thanks in advance!

darkkako

That question came up on the facebook page, I believe the answer was that they'd like you to email them at the usual AA email address with the other pieces you plan to sell once you finish them. :)