Info For Artist Alley Reg

Started by imoto, February 10, 2010, 08:45:48 AM

phr34kish

Got my approval today, EEEEE!

Megamoth, you can always log into your AA account to check. If you were approved, you'd automatically move on to step 4. If not, it'll still show pending approval at step 3. :)

WhiteTreeFox

I got approved! Sooo excited! I can't wait to see you all there :D Thanks again Fanime Staff!!

Now, to the BOE form. I heard it takes 4-6 weeks for it to get back to me? That sounds about right but on the BOE site it says "You will generally receive your permit approximately two weeks after we have received your completed application. Incomplete applications may delay the process." (on this page: http://www.boe.ca.gov/info/reg.htm )

Suppose I'll call BOE tomorrow to see if it does take only 2 weeks. I'd be really worried if it did take 6 weeks though, that's cutting it really short to the deadline ;; Sooo jealous of those that can just walk in and get one, wah. Does anyone know how long it took their mailed applications to get to get returned?

fidgey

Quote from: megamoth on April 07, 2011, 09:59:47 PM
I am guessing account numbers have little to do with the order of approval? I am #241, and I am concerned since I haven't gotten my confirmation yet. I know folks who certainly signed up after me have already been approved. I just want to make sure that something didn't happen to my email confirmation or anywthing D: !

Ditto with me! I'm 243 and I haven't been approved yet O_O
I'm seriously sick with worry!

nionio

Quote from: fidgey on April 08, 2011, 09:31:56 AM
Quote from: megamoth on April 07, 2011, 09:59:47 PM
I am guessing account numbers have little to do with the order of approval? I am #241, and I am concerned since I haven't gotten my confirmation yet. I know folks who certainly signed up after me have already been approved. I just want to make sure that something didn't happen to my email confirmation or anywthing D: !

Ditto with me! I'm 243 and I haven't been approved yet O_O
I'm seriously sick with worry!

Your account number does not matter. They are not going in numerical order. They are going in the order you signed up (created an account time wise). As you signed up you were given a random account number. My number is 323 and I'm in. Again the account number does not correlate with when you signed up.

OR it could be that you were rejected and at the end they will send everyone who was rejected a mass email.

megamoth

Looks like I got my approval email after all. YEY!! Thanks all at the artist alley!!

However I am still stuck on step 5. The system claims my registration is not found. My co-artist got approved with my email for some reason, but I was not found when I entered my email. Whahuh? I tried all the emails I could have possibly used, but still not found. Please help!

WhiteTreeFox

So I called BOE today and the lady said it should take 2 - 4 weeks for me to get it back, but I live in California so I dunno how long it would take anyone from out of state to get it. Maybe this helps the people in CA though that are just sending in their permits like me!

jAded

I've been reading on individuals or table mates getting approved, but have any group registrations been approved yet?

My main concern is that given the diminishing time we have with regards to getting in the seller's permit applications, the longer it takes with approvals, the closer the time for getting your sellers permit on time, especially for those sending them from out of town/country. It's been two weeks since AA registration opened.

Is there a timeline for when everyone will know whether they have been approved or not?

accioblue

My group got approved a few days ago (account #229 if that's relevant) and I'm at step 5 right now but when I enter our badge numbers/emails I'm getting "Registration not found" each time? I've tried badge numbers with or without the "F", it doesn't seem to make a difference

ewu

6 of the 28 groups have currently been approved. We have approved about 30% of the accounts. More than 60% of the tables are still available.

Please check your name and email to make sure they match the account number you are submitting.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

jAded

OK. So to clarify, 30% out of the 40% that signed up for tables have been approved and there is still 60% of the total AA tables available? How many tables are going to be in AA this year? And question still stands, when are you aiming to have these notifications about tables out by?

accioblue

Quote from: ewu on April 08, 2011, 03:06:20 PM
Please check your name and email to make sure they match the account number you are submitting.

Ah my mistake, it's working! Thanks

megamoth

Quote from: ewu on April 08, 2011, 03:06:20 PM

I have tried many different methods of entering the data, but nothing has worked. I checked and rechecked my email, I tried three different emails, but to no avail. My artist account is 241.

misosoupaddict

I sent an email a while ago about my friend not being sure if she can make it, and how i put her on my table anyway just in case. Right now i'm on step 6, but as she only just sent off for her seller's permit, should i just put HELPER or something and change it later? What step will picking my table location appear? I want to pick my table location ASAP.

As the main table person (or whatever), i'm all good to go with my own permit. I was told to email later when it's for sure she can make it (It's still not 100% sure), and i really don't want to have to wait for her info to update the acct to pick my table location.

Also, i want to clarify, is art from our own studio ok, some of which is from a couple friends who are not behind my table (too crowded)? Are me and my friend allowed to have art from our other friends who are in the same studio? I think so, right? *lack of sleep*

c. r. favre
misosoupaddict (sn for fanime reg, aa reg, etc.)
Find me in Artist's Alley 2011!
deviantart gallery

Sneath

!!
I was just approved!   ;D
My account ID is 361, if anyone is trying to piece together when they'll get approved.

fidgey

Ah, I was just approved, and our number was 243. So it looks they're not processing the numbers in perfect consecutive order. Don't lose hope!

videogirlc

My account number is 255 and it still won't let me complete step 5, even with the F in front of our badge number.

terri

I just got approved (no. 364). Also stuck on step 5. It says my registration not found. What now?

terri

What a nOOb. Okay, I figured out step 5. I didn't completely finish registering yet so I didn't have a badge number. I'm good now. And super excited too!  :D

videogirlc

Quote from: terri on April 08, 2011, 09:20:44 PM
What a nOOb. Okay, I figured out step 5. I didn't completely finish registering yet so I didn't have a badge number. I'm good now. And super excited too!  :D

Care to tell me your secret becasue I am still having problems.

catnapcaps

Quote from: videogirlc on April 08, 2011, 09:23:17 PM
Quote from: terri on April 08, 2011, 09:20:44 PM

Care to tell me your secret becasue I am still having problems.

are you using the badge # in your badge registration account or the one on the paypal receipt? I was using the item # on the paypal receipt and that's what was wrong when I was getting the error. You're supposed to use the badge ID # in your fanime account.