Info For Artist Alley Reg

Started by imoto, February 10, 2010, 08:45:48 AM

Oniko

I have a question about the AA Agreement papers I am now going over. It seems there are some things for us to fill out, are we suppose to hand this in to the staff when we come to get out tables?  Also does each artist need to fill it out?  At the bottom it talks about payment however I have already had to pay before the Agreement paper step, in other words Tables x ___ (Full $60) and Table x ___ (half $30).  do I need to fill this out again as well?
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

kittyk12

>:( I really kinda mad at how the registration for the artist tables are going. My sis and I and some my friends register as a group. We did everything as most did and we read instruction, follow directions, check out the forums. My sister got on the mailing list; on the day it open, she checked the site and the forum and found the link on the forum. She sign in at 4pm and register for 2 tables and was given a number in the mid of 300's. And we waited patiently for notice of if we got in and check the forums.  Then saw that some people got in close to our number, we were hopeful.  Then today we found out we were in the lottery for tables and first come first serve. We paid for 4 registration, made plans to get off work and school, spend a lot of time and effort and money to make our art, (I sew and make costumes and accessories so fabric and beads are not cheap) to received this notice after weeks of waiting. We are still in limbo and probably not get in.  ???

In 2009, we got in just fine and in 2010 due to a family obligations we did not come to Fanime.  but some how between that time the registration gotten more frustrating and what the worse is the waiting. If we would have known that we were not getting in then we won't expend this much effort or have to be this frustrated. I guess we can go to the con and enjoy ourselves but it is bittersweet; I do not know if I will come back due to this experience.  :-[

Oniko

Quote from: kittyk12 on April 15, 2011, 09:03:01 AM
>:( I really kinda mad at how the registration for the artist tables are going. My sis and I and some my friends register as a group. We did everything as most did and we read instruction, follow directions, check out the forums. My sister got on the mailing list; on the day it open, she checked the site and the forum and found the link on the forum. She sign in at 4pm and register for 2 tables and was given a number in the mid of 300's. And we waited patiently for notice of if we got in and check the forums.  Then saw that some people got in close to our number, we were hopeful.  Then today we found out we were in the lottery for tables and first come first serve. We paid for 4 registration, made plans to get off work and school, spend a lot of time and effort and money to make our art, (I sew and make costumes and accessories so fabric and beads are not cheap) to received this notice after weeks of waiting. We are still in limbo and probably not get in.  ???

In 2009, we got in just fine and in 2010 due to a family obligations we did not come to Fanime.  but some how between that time the registration gotten more frustrating and what the worse is the waiting. If we would have known that we were not getting in then we won't expend this much effort or have to be this frustrated. I guess we can go to the con and enjoy ourselves but it is bittersweet; I do not know if I will come back due to this experience.  :-[

It has been stated that the ID number given did not matter. Also I think it was said that most people got their tables by 2pm.  I know last year they sold out in about 24hours or less.  did your friend check FB? People were spamming the link there. I still think this is a better system then in the old days.  You would fill out the check and paper work, maild it to the staff and wait it'll almost a month before warning if you even got in or not.

P.s. Your not completely without hope.  You could make the lottery! Also if you've been to Fanime AA before you notice a lot of empty tables, people dont show up or dont make it every day.  I say, if your making the trip anyways bring some things and look if you can get a table on the day off.  I have 2 friends last year who got in that way.
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

solipoo

Quote from: Oniko on April 15, 2011, 08:58:19 AM
I have a question about the AA Agreement papers I am now going over. It seems there are some things for us to fill out, are we suppose to hand this in to the staff when we come to get out tables?  Also does each artist need to fill it out?  At the bottom it talks about payment however I have already had to pay before the Agreement paper step, in other words Tables x ___ (Full $60) and Table x ___ (half $30).  do I need to fill this out again as well?
once you get approved, one of the steps of the registration is to agree to the AA agreement papers (step 6). basically you just read through it and say that you accept. so i don't think you need to print it out and hand it to the staff, since it's already in their records. each artist needs to agree to it though. like step 6 lists all the artists, and each one has to "sign" that they agree.

so yeah. i don't think we need to fill out those papers, if you've already accepted online. however, if you haven't been approved and you are going to try to get a table the day of the con, maybe you should print out the papers and bring them in?

but i'm not staff so i'm not 100% sure of this. try emailing [email protected]
:3

also coughdrops you friend seems pretty fishy.. maybe he/she has some "connections" to people on staff? i have no idea. D: but yeah that seems pretty unfair if it was true that your friend registered a week after. that whole week i was worrying my ass off constantly checking my status lolololol :C

geekyglamorous

Are those of us who are being entered in the lottery being a sent an email stating this? My friend I (applied together) never got an email confirming our AA registration or being put in a lottery. I just want to be sure we have a chance at the lottery. Thanks for any help~

Nevermind, we received a email! Thanks!
☆☆Mandie A.K.A. Geeky Glamorous☆☆
http://www.geekyglamorous.com

sysadmin

Here's how the deal works.

It's algebra, so get ready for variables:

* AA signups continues to run until the stated closing time.  After that, no new accounts will be allowed to be created or submitted.
* The total demand for tables far exceeds the existing supply.  This is, unfortunately, a reality.
\_ Cons have handled this differently; currently Fanime is using a combination of FCFS and lottery draw.
\_ We can debate different ways of handling this: however, no matter what, you will always have more demand than supply (which means sad artists)

* A certain number of tables (X) were available in the initial layout.
* It was essentially first-come/first-serve until those X tables were used up.
\_ There were some special cases; some of them involved that "add second artist" bug; some of them involved other issues.
\_ You can imagine how many people applied in the first two hours.

* Everyone else who registered before the close of signups, but did not get one of the first X tables is part of the lottery.
* Let's say there are Z entries.
* The Artist Alley team has to negotiate with other Fanime groups about various things (lots of horrible details about a complicated process).
* The goal is to procure some extra tables.  With luck, Y tables will be newly created and available.

* The number of tables of the Z entries will, of course, far exceed the supply of Y tables.
* The AA team will randomly choose entries from Z, until the final supply of Y tables have been used up. 
* This lottery draw probably won't happen until after all those negotiations are complete, so you'll have to be patient.

* The intent is that everyone who registered through AA will receive a final email; either AA approval, AA rejection, AA Lottery Win, or AA Lottery Loss.
* If you log in and find your account is already in Step 4, you've been approved / won the AA lottery. 
\_ If you lost your approval email, this is another way to check your status.
* I know that people who are in this "awaiting approval" state have to wait this out, unfortunately.

* Yes, the way the URL was given out should've been handled better.
\_ I apologize to the artists that were inconvenienced by this; part of that responsibility does fall on me.
\_ To be fair, if everyone had the URL ahead of time, it probably means that the initial batch of X tables would've sold out even faster than it did. :/

I think that's everything that I can see for now.

VocaloidHaine

Quote from: geekyglamorous on April 15, 2011, 11:42:59 AM
Are those of us who are being entered in the lottery being a sent an email stating this? My friend I (applied together) never got an email confirming our AA registration or being put in a lottery. I just want to be sure we have a chance at the lottery. Thanks for any help~

Oh snaps really!? I totally did not get any email at all about rejections,approval, or being entered into the lottery...:/ The only email I ever received from AA was verifying & activating my account..

Mistiousstar

Quote from: VocaloidHaine on April 15, 2011, 10:06:14 PM

Oh snaps really!? I totally did not get any email at all about rejections,approval, or being entered into the lottery...:/ The only email I ever received from AA was verifying & activating my account..

By email do you mean the one sent out from the AA mailing list? Or is this, a different email, If so I did not recieve one!!!!

SukebeStudios

Quote from: Mistiousstar on April 15, 2011, 10:16:05 PM

By email do you mean the one sent out from the AA mailing list? Or is this, a different email, If so I did not recieve one!!!!

Yeah, I was never informed if I'm to be entered into the lottery or not. It WOULD be better to know that as soon as the info is known.

princeofrose

I never got an e-mail about being entered into the artist alley lottery either-does it send to the e-mail in your artist alley account or the e-mail you have for the forums?
(I would assume account correct? :O)
And if so, when does the lottery start and when does it end?

And how do you know if you were chosen? :O

SukebeStudios

Quote from: SukebeStudios on April 15, 2011, 11:28:28 PM
Quote from: Mistiousstar on April 15, 2011, 10:16:05 PM

Yeah, I was never informed if I'm to be entered into the lottery or not. It WOULD be better to know that as soon as the info is known.

Just FYI...this is NOT a notice of being in the lottery.
"
The Artist Alley sign up site has closed for the season! We've sold all of our tables, and we are full!

Thank you for your interest in Artist Alley!
"
That's the notice when I checked my account status. I didn't see any message telling me I was in the lottery, so as far as I can tell I'm not. Who chooses who gets to be put in the lottery then?

SukebeStudios

There is an easier solution to this. If Staff knows that AA reg will fill up within the first few hours of the initial posting, just make AA reg only 1 day long. I mean...if all the tables are taken within hours...why ask people to sign up for something that's already gone?

Kimba616

Quote from: princeofrose on April 16, 2011, 01:32:21 AM
I never got an e-mail about being entered into the artist alley lottery either-does it send to the e-mail in your artist alley account or the e-mail you have for the forums?
(I would assume account correct? :O)
And if so, when does the lottery start and when does it end?

And how do you know if you were chosen? :O

You'll know if you didn't previously get an email saying that you were approved for artist alley. Says so in the email they sent out. So if you haven't gotten an email of approval and you signed up for AA, then you're in the lottery.

Quote from: SukebeStudios on April 16, 2011, 03:15:45 AM
There is an easier solution to this. If Staff knows that AA reg will fill up within the first few hours of the initial posting, just make AA reg only 1 day long. I mean...if all the tables are taken within hours...why ask people to sign up for something that's already gone?

The reason they keep it open is because some people wont get approved, won't pay,  or won't show up. Just because all tables are full atm doesn't mean they'll all be full in a month, or when the convention starts.

ewu

Kyra kindly posted up the email sent out:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,15920.msg413456.html#msg413456

Please see that post as well as this post for more information:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13534.msg413406.html#msg413406

Please expect an email to go out soon to all the artists.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kyra_Maverick

Thanks for the credit, but I just reposted what phr34kish posted here earlier.

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13534.msg413112.html#msg413112

princeofrose

Okay so they'll send us an e-mail notification that we will be put in the lottery or no? And is there anything that will tell us when the lottery is finished and who has been picked? :O

darkkako

Dunno if they'll publicly post all of the winning artists, as that could be troublesome, but I expect they'll let us know once the lottery is over and will send emails to all of the artists who got tables out of it.

jAded

Quote from: princeofrose on April 16, 2011, 11:17:26 PM
Okay so they'll send us an e-mail notification that we will be put in the lottery or no? And is there anything that will tell us when the lottery is finished and who has been picked? :O

sysadmin says:

* The intent is that everyone who registered through AA will receive a final email; either AA approval, AA rejection, AA Lottery Win, or AA Lottery Loss.
* If you log in and find your account is already in Step 4, you've been approved / won the AA lottery.

Oniko

Quote from: darkkako on April 17, 2011, 01:53:57 AM
Dunno if they'll publicly post all of the winning artists, as that could be troublesome, but I expect they'll let us know once the lottery is over and will send emails to all of the artists who got tables out of it.
Good point you'll probably get one of two emails.  Congrats you won or sorry you didnt.
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

VocaloidHaine

sysadmin says:

Aww..what...So my account says

"The Artist Alley sign up site has closed for the season! We've sold all of our tables, and we are full!
Thank you for your interest in Artist Alley!"

So that means I wasn't eligible for the lottery?? Or---the lottery people were already picked? (Either way I did not receive ANY sort of email at all...)