Marathon suggestions for fanimecon 2010

Started by kevinconner75, December 21, 2009, 11:07:19 PM

kevinconner75

N.E.R.V.agent220

Jerry

Even though it has nothing to do with anime -
I would think either the recaps of season 1 and 2 of the "The Guild" followed by Season three.

yay for nerds playing MMOs and being socially awkward in the "irl"
:P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

lyricaldanichan

I doubt we could get permission to show "The Guild" at fanimecon. :(

Quote from: Jerry on February 11, 2010, 09:27:48 AM
Even though it has nothing to do with anime -
I would think either the recaps of season 1 and 2 of the "The Guild" followed by Season three.

yay for nerds playing MMOs and being socially awkward in the "irl"
:P

Jerry

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on February 11, 2010, 09:53:31 AM

ah, good point - despite being on the internets i guess i forgot to consider there are copy right laws and stuff. Aw.  :-[

lyricaldanichan

Ah! I thought it was a show on cable. Since it is a internets show, that would be a lot easier and up to theotakugod on showing it in VP. Might be something that Stage Zero could show on their off hours?

Quote from: Jerry on February 11, 2010, 09:59:23 AM
Quote from: lyricaldanichan on February 11, 2010, 09:53:31 AM

ah, good point - despite being on the internets i guess i forgot to consider there are copy right laws and stuff. Aw.  :-[

Jerry

There's always some new viral video on the internets - which slowly seems to get more popular over time versus TV/cable shows.

How bout this as a marathon: --- EVERY mainstream viral video in the past ten years? sorta like a the history of um. randomness- almost like a Hell Zero series except with flipping thru every single awesome/epic/memorable/LMAO internet video meme out there. and then of course mix in some epic AMVs while your at it...

but it sounds like your right - this would be more of a late night stage zero programming versus video programming.
I honestly dont know the difference. >_<

lyricaldanichan

You can always talk to Jerry G at the fanimecon staff meeting (or shoot him a e-mail) and see what he thinks. Perhaps do the same with the Stage Zero guys as well? Don't think it wouldn't be too hard since it is about geek stuff. Besides it would get a lot of people interested who never heard of this series.

Quote from: Jerry on February 11, 2010, 10:13:50 AM
There's always some new viral video on the internets - which slowly seems to get more popular over time versus TV/cable shows.

How bout this as a marathon: --- EVERY mainstream viral video in the past ten years? sorta like a the history of um. randomness- almost like a Hell Zero series except with flipping thru every single awesome/epic/memorable/LMAO internet video meme out there. and then of course mix in some epic AMVs while your at it...

but it sounds like your right - this would be more of a late night stage zero programming versus video programming.

Avairrianna

Quote from: Jerry on February 11, 2010, 10:13:50 AM

I second this notion! I would LOVE to sit in and watch the funny nonsense things for a couple of hours! (Hell, I freaked out when I saw that SuperBowl commercial with the NumaNuma guy and David after Dentist in it)

But, as I've posted before, a great marathon would be Zero Punctuation.
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Jerry

Quote from: Avairrianna on February 11, 2010, 11:43:55 AM

I second this notion! I would LOVE to sit in and watch the funny nonsense things for a couple of hours! (Hell, I freaked out when I saw that SuperBowl commercial with the NumaNuma guy and David after Dentist in it)

Actually that was my thought exactly. It was really cool that ALL those memes were being dropped into the same place. Hence the idea for the ultimate meme showdown - as it were. :P

I should look up that superbowl commercial again and write down all the memes from it. :P
but i totally forgot what the commercial was advertising i was too busy nerding out looking at all the memes.

Liquid

Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

lyricaldanichan

Anime Hell did have some random memes shown last year.

Quote from: Jerry on February 11, 2010, 12:00:38 PM
Quote from: Avairrianna on February 11, 2010, 11:43:55 AM

Actually that was my thought exactly. It was really cool that ALL those memes were being dropped into the same place. Hence the idea for the ultimate meme showdown - as it were. :P

I should look up that superbowl commercial again and write down all the memes from it. :P
but i totally forgot what the commercial was advertising i was too busy nerding out looking at all the memes.

Avairrianna

Too bad AMV Hell 5 wont be finished by then to add to the AMV Hell Marathon that usually takes place...and if that hadn't been suggested yet then I'm suggesting it now.
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe