2011 Cosplayer Gatherings Dept looking for photographers & a few good fans! :)

Started by BSaphire, February 16, 2010, 08:23:44 AM

BSaphire

Cosplayer Gatherings Department Staff requests are closed as of 12/31/2010.If you contacted me prior to 12/31/2010 about being on staff you have been sent an email about the meeting on January 15, 2011. Please look for that email in you mail box.
Thank you
BSaphire

The Cosplayer Gatherings Department is looking for a few good fans & photographers (amateur & professional) to be a part of our staff. As CG staff you will meet many of the cosplayers in all those fantastic costumes, know the 411 on where a gathering or event is, help control the crowd of fans at some of Fanime's big gatherings along with the opportunity of knowing first hand how to run a gathering on site during Fanime. Our work is during the day so your nights are free to watch Cosplay Masquerade, move your body at the Fanime Dance, listen to the bands at Music Fest, grab a partner and twirl around the dance floor at the Black and White Ball, take in some night time programming at Stage Zero, Karaoke, or Video, unless you just want to hang out with your friends!

With our department we allow our staff to Cosplay (not mandatory though) while they work and can make allowances for you to participate in a few gatherings or even attend other Fanime programming! Cosplaying & actively assisting in making FanimeCon 2011 a great experience for all the attending fans how AWESOME is that!

You should know that it is mandatory that all CG Staff will attend the Thursday, May 26, 2011 meeting at the convention center. It is important for all our staff to be present for this because we will have training, go over CG department operations, and do a walkabout to all the gathering/event locations of our department.

Adjustments to your time sheet will be made at the end of the meeting, so that you can attend some of the FanimeCon activities, but this is where you would swap time with another CG staff member. If you can not make it to the Thursday, May 26, 2011 meeting then this is not the staff position for you. CG staff will work at least 20 hours over the course of the weekend during FanimeCon and the Pre Con meeting does not count towards your hours.

Cosplayer Gatherings Department STAFF Hours of Operation:
hrs of op depend on Gatherings/Events list the closing time may be earlier.
Thursday ~ (day zero 2 1/2 hr meeting) & (CG Staff dinner night after the meeting)
Friday ~ 9 AM – 8 PM
Saturday ~ 9 AM – 7 PM
Sunday ~ 9 AM – 7 PM
Monday ~ 9 AM – 4 PM or until last gathering/event checks in and breakdown is complete.

Things we are looking for in Cosplayer Gatherings Staff & Photographers:
~ prefer 18 years and up
~ any previous staff experience is not required but is preferred
~ polite & friendly
~ willing to answer the same question multiple times
~ ability to talk to people
~ understand why people cosplay
~ can have fun with others
~ For photography ~ Photographer etiquette to cosplayers, other photographers, and attendees

Cosplayer Gathering General Staff Duties:
~ Gathering/Event Organizer check in
~ Gatherings/Event attendance counting
~ Greeting attendees and addressing questions asked or directing them to a location that can
~ Assist in the operations of the FanimeCon Theme Gathering & Cosplayer Events
~ Assist in the operations of CG department raffles
~ Run various errands over the weekend
**Photographer duties TBD by photography skills**

Cosplayer Gatherings Staff Training:
~ General etiquette while conversing with attendees & photographers
~ Line/Crowd control
~ Filling out of department paperwork
~ General interaction protocol while handling CG business with other departments at FanimeCon

If you are interested in being on staff with Cosplayer Gatherings we would like you to do two things:
1. Send me an email at gatherings [at] fanime [dot] com & a pm (for questions or letting me know you have sent me a response via email) on the Fanime Forums (the pm also lets me know you have a forum account.) Please put CG Department Staff 2011 in the subject line. Include any skill, training, education or info about you that you feel we might be interested in.

If you are looking to be a photographer (amateur & professional are encouraged to apply) on our staff please submit link or links to album/folder/gallery specifically showcasing 20 pictures you feel represent your style, artistic eye, abilities and range. Please tell us how long you have been taking pictures, camera (s), lenses, if you have any education in photography, and anything else you feel would be important for us to know. A simple digital camera and six months of amateur photography can land you a spot on our staff if we like what we see, so don't be afraid to apply.

2. Attend the upcoming January 15, 2011 Fanime Staff Meeting (@ 3pm) where we will meet with all prospective staff. This will be held in the San Jose Hilton Hotel Santa Clara room. This is the Hilton hotel attached to the Convention Center.

Maikiritori and I would like to meet all perspective staff with some of our current staff to make sure we are all the right fit! We will ask you some questions such as, "Why do you want to staff with us?" or "What areas have you worked at con before and where?" and we will answer your questions too. If our department doesn't work for you then one of the other departments might be so we will point you in the right direction if possible. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Anime Corrupted wishes & Deviant Cosplaying dreams! ^^)
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

I just wanted to put a heads up out here that after the March 28th meeting all CG Department positions will be filled. If you are considering being on staff with us send me an email (gatherings [at] fanime.com), tell me a little about you and why you are interested in being on our staff and most importantly Attend The March 28th 3 pm meeting.

Thank you
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

ALL CG Department Staff openings have been filled!

You can still try the Staff Application on the website if you are interested in staff. Look here:

http://www2.fanime.com/2010/staffapply/

See everyone at Fanime!
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

Staff Application process for Cosplayer Gatherings Department has been updated! Applications are now being excepted. Please follow the instructions on the first post. We are looking for general staff and photographers for 2011 in the Cosplayer Gatherings & Cosplayer Events department!

If you have any questions please pm me here on the forums ~ Subject line: 2011 CGD Staff Question  OR send an email to gatherings [at] fanime [dot] com with the same Subject line info as the pm.

Prospective CG Staff will be required to attend an upcoming Fanime 2011 staff meeting held either late this year or early next year. I will come back and update that information when it has been confirmed. I will also send out an email with that info to all that have applied so that you may attend.

Remember that once you are on CG Department staff you are required to attend the Thursday, May 26, 2011 (day zero) staff meeting with staff dinner afterwards. If you can not make it to that meeting then this may not be the department for you.

I look forward to hearing from all of you!

BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

Staff request process for Cosplayer Gatherings Department has been updated! Please follow the instructions on the first post. We are looking for general staff and photographers for 2011 in the Cosplayer Gatherings & Cosplayer Events department!

If you have any questions please pm me here on the forums ~ Subject line: 2011 CGD Staff Question  OR send an email to gatherings [at] fanime [dot] com with the same Subject line info as the pm.

Prospective CG Staff will be required to attend the upcoming Fanime January 15, 2011 staff meeting held in the Santa Clara Room in the San Jose Hilton Hotel. This is the hotel attached to the convention center. I will also send out an email with that info to all that have applied so that you may attend.

Remember that once you are on CG Department staff you are required to attend the Thursday, May 26, 2011 (day zero) CG staff meeting followed by our dinner afterwards. If you can not make it to that meeting then this may not be the department for you.

I look forward to hearing from all of you!

BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Nanako-The-Dragon_Ninja

:)