LM.C at Fanimecon '10 Musicfest

Started by Acid_Android, February 14, 2010, 05:06:29 PM

Acid_Android

Quote from: Fondu on April 08, 2010, 03:16:55 AM
Quote from: mariotheotaku on April 07, 2010, 11:06:38 AM
Quick question: for their autograph session are we going to have to provide our own stuff for them to sign like a poster or cd cover or are we going to get something before the autograph session?
I second this question!
D//8
I asked one similar and wasn't really answered.... it's okay if no one knows at the moment, but let us know when you do, and that you don't know, please...?

Hey, guys, I passed the question onto their management a while ago, but since they were gearing up for their European tour, which they're now currently on, I'm still awaiting an answer :) It might take some time for them to get back to me since they're a little busy, but I'll definitely let you guys know as soon as I've got the answers :)
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

mariotheotaku

Quote from: Acid_Android on April 08, 2010, 07:37:01 PM
Quote from: Fondu on April 08, 2010, 03:16:55 AM
Quote from: mariotheotaku on April 07, 2010, 11:06:38 AM
Quick question: for their autograph session are we going to have to provide our own stuff for them to sign like a poster or cd cover or are we going to get something before the autograph session?
I second this question!
D//8
I asked one similar and wasn't really answered.... it's okay if no one knows at the moment, but let us know when you do, and that you don't know, please...?

Hey, guys, I passed the question onto their management a while ago, but since they were gearing up for their European tour, which they're now currently on, I'm still awaiting an answer :) It might take some time for them to get back to me since they're a little busy, but I'll definitely let you guys know as soon as I've got the answers :)

Cool, thanks, just need to know in case I need to start searching for a mini poster or such :P

Amo-chan

Here's a question. The autograph panel thing is on Monday right? Will it be in the morning? do you have to get another pass to go on monday? Will it still be at the convention center?

ewu

if you have a one day pass, then you will need to have a membership that spans that date too. fyi, a full weekend will be cheaper than two individual single day memberships.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

AngelWings

LM.C coming to Fanime is wonderful! I was wondering if there would be restrictions to when we could begin lining up though? I remember that for An Cafe I was in line about five hours before the performance started and I was no where near the front of said line. So the idea of waiting till an hour before is pretty ridiculous to me, but I don't want to go so early that it is a hassle to staff. (And the idea of somone dispersing the line is a little worrisome if I'm in it!)

demonic_kyo

im so stoggged lol :D THis is gonna be awesome

lol AngelWings: Start lining up now this is gonna be epic

Jerry

Quote from: demonic_kyo on April 15, 2010, 06:39:45 PM
im so stoggged lol :D THis is gonna be awesome

lol AngelWings: Start lining up now this is gonna be epic

Please dont start to line up now. Kthanks. :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

tenton

Quote from: Jerry on April 16, 2010, 08:45:14 AM
Please dont start to line up now. Kthanks. :P

Bad idea anyways, you have to get your badge first.  :P

ayame_nguyen

EXCITED<3 i can't wait.

no cameras? D:
i wonder where i'm going to put my camera then . (no car, no hotel room, since i live in SJ and i can't drive yet)

Jerry

Quote from: ayame_nguyen on April 26, 2010, 06:32:35 PM
EXCITED<3 i can't wait.

no cameras? D:
i wonder where i'm going to put my camera then . (no car, no hotel room, since i live in SJ and i can't drive yet)

i would like to think you'll have at least one friend at the convention that will have some level or storage, vehicle or room somewhere within walking distance.

if not - please please please! this is a reminder that both Fanime Con Staff is NOT RESPONSIBLE for your personal items if there is a ban on things like photography equipment you should always have a plan B in case items will not be allowed in certain areas.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

red_audrey

if cameras are banned, would it be a potential risk to have a cellphone confiscated if you have one with you?  :-\

ewu

Cell phones should be OK, but if you try to take pictures or record video, it is likely that it will be confiscated, you will be ejected from the venue, and maybe more.

For those of you tempted to sneak in a picture, please realize that that we will have people everywhere and that bright screen when a person is recording is very obvious.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Eclipse

So the LM.C autographing session is definitely going to be on Monday right? Anyone know like... a certain time of when this will be happening because I have classes around noonish..haha DX

Acid_Android

Quote from: Eclipse on May 03, 2010, 01:27:01 AM
So the LM.C autographing session is definitely going to be on Monday right? Anyone know like... a certain time of when this will be happening because I have classes around noonish..haha DX

...o.O You have class on a Holiday..?
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Hikaru Kazushime

Happy to hear the news about being able to see LM.C, but sad to hear about photography being completely and utterly banned.

Can I get a detailed explanation of why this is so? Or can someone point to me to where I can?

In my opinion, it's pretty ridiculous- but, I can understand somewhat if Staff has a good explanation. I need to know why Paying FanimeCon2010 Attendees aren't allowed to take their memories home with them. As a professional blogger and journalist, I really hoped to snap some pics for my website...

Will be grateful for any replies.
Thanks,
-Kazu

jemz

Quote from: Hikaru Kazushime on May 04, 2010, 04:12:22 AM
Happy to hear the news about being able to see LM.C, but sad to hear about photography being completely and utterly banned.

Can I get a detailed explanation of why this is so? Or can someone point to me to where I can?

In my opinion, it's pretty ridiculous- but, I can understand somewhat if Staff has a good explanation. I need to know why Paying FanimeCon2010 Attendees aren't allowed to take their memories home with them. As a professional blogger and journalist, I really hoped to snap some pics for my website...

Thanks,
-Kazu

I don't think I can be more detailed other than the band and their label has requested that photography to be banned during their concert in the Civic.

We generally honor their requests as this helps our relationship with the band and their label for any future visits.

HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Eclipse

Quote from: Acid_Android on May 03, 2010, 09:54:49 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on May 03, 2010, 01:27:01 AM

...o.O You have class on a Holiday..?

compressed schedule lol but yeah unforunatly :{

SO autograph signing? will it be on the fanime bundles of papers that tell you the times of everything?

kumi-chan

Kewl! What kinda website do you have?

Touya no Miko

Thanks,
-Kazu

I can understand your frustration.

According to some of my friends, who are staff members. It's the management of the band that enforces this rule and the Fanime staff have to go along with it in order to gain their cooperation. Usually, the reason why they ban photos is for copyright reasons. They don't want someone to flash hundreds of pictures or record videos so they can be distributed and illegally sold for profit later on. LM.C is a big name after all. It would be unfair to the attendees who paid to see the concert, while others are watching it free on youtube.

Plus, we should be considerate to our musical guest. Traveling overseas to perform a concert is exhausting work. We don't want to tire them out by flashing all those lights in their faces.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

amaya_JDB

Is there a set time and date for the concert and the autograph session, or is it still TBA at this moment?
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>