Badge Ribbons

Started by AntiVonn, February 19, 2010, 12:07:09 PM

AntiVonn

I had a great time at the ALA convention searching out badge ribbons and meeting the cool people who handed them out.  Is there anyone else out there that likes to collect ribbons? I am thinking of ordering some to pass out at Fanime. Moderator, would this raise any issues with Staff?

Mint

That sounds like a fun idea- Especially for people like me who like to have souvenirs. c:

But ya, you might want to run it by staffers.
2012 YO.
Friday: Yin (Darker than black)
Saturday: Alibaba (Magi); Sheryl (Macross Frontier); CC (Code Geass)
Sunday: Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Shugo Chara); Peter Pan (Disney)
Monday: Panda Kigurumi

Dany

Quote from: AntiVonn on February 19, 2010, 12:07:09 PM
I had a great time at the ALA convention searching out badge ribbons and meeting the cool people who handed them out.  Is there anyone else out there that likes to collect ribbons? I am thinking of ordering some to pass out at Fanime. Moderator, would this raise any issues with Staff?

Here, when they're out there! We go as far as to even make them somewhat themed to costumes. Last year's were inspired by Looking Glass Wars, which was where our big costumes for the year came from, and two years before, we did a set for Dragon*Con for the Dawn Contest. If I can get to it, I'll have another set for myself and SO this year before Fanime. I don't think I'll have time to hand any out until Sunday though..

As for whether they are OK...I guess that would depend on the purpose? For kind of a fun thing that you can give to friends and people that you meet, I don't -think- Staff should have an issue. I guess if you're treating them like flyers or something, however, that may be a bit more complicated.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

ewu

We have substantial staff cross over from ALA so we are aware of the ribbons. I personally have a "Special Snowflake" ribbon on mine. HOWEVER, we do use ribbons for some special things that matter, so when you have decided on ribbon color, style and text, please e-mail registrationATfanimeDOTcom and confirm that its OK.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Pengin-san

Haha, at a convention I go to called PatheaCon, we always have ribbons XD!  We have so many, some people have a trail of ribbons that go down to their feet.  I was also thinking of handing out ribbons this year.
I'm hosting a panel this year!  Come check out Visual Kei: More Than Music!  It will be filled with fun, glamor, and sheer awesome music!

Dany

Quote from: ewu on February 19, 2010, 06:49:37 PM
We have substantial staff cross over from ALA so we are aware of the ribbons. I personally have a "Special Snowflake" ribbon on mine. HOWEVER, we do use ribbons for some special things that matter, so when you have decided on ribbon color, style and text, please e-mail registrationATfanimeDOTcom and confirm that its OK.

Can we get an idea of colors/text/etc. that is already in use at the moment, so that we can avoid them while we are designing our own?  I think it would help people not go through and get something made up only to find out that Staff is going to say no to it.

Dany

Quote from: Pengin-san on February 19, 2010, 08:06:38 PM
Haha, at a convention I go to called PatheaCon, we always have ribbons XD!  We have so many, some people have a trail of ribbons that go down to their feet.  I was also thinking of handing out ribbons this year.

*LOL* Get enough together and you end up with an almost Dr. Who-vian scarf XD

ewu

I would say green, but none of that has been decided yet and it is not that much of a priority so it will most likely not be decided till right before con. Obviously, a use by the con would trump any fan use, but despite this, you need to understand that there are many other things that demand the attention of the staff.

Quote from: Dany on February 19, 2010, 08:41:11 PM
Can we get an idea of colors/text/etc. that is already in use at the moment, so that we can avoid them while we are designing our own?  I think it would help people not go through and get something made up only to find out that Staff is going to say no to it.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

AntiVonn

Quote from: ewu on February 19, 2010, 06:49:37 PM
HOWEVER, we do use ribbons for some special things that matter, so when you have decided on ribbon color, style and text, please e-mail registrationATfanimeDOTcom and confirm that its OK.

I'll get my design choice in for approval asap. Thanks!   

Dany

Quote from: ewu on February 19, 2010, 08:56:33 PM
I would say green, but none of that has been decided yet and it is not that much of a priority so it will most likely not be decided till right before con. Obviously, a use by the con would trump any fan use, but despite this, you need to understand that there are many other things that demand the attention of the staff.

Quote from: Dany on February 19, 2010, 08:41:11 PM

The plan I have right now are a set of red and black ribbons with skulls and crossbones, no words, so it shouldn't look at all official, even at a distance, but who knows :) But I'll see if I can't get to messing with that sooner than later, as I have to create the image for them to process anyway.

But even just a "we're looking at green" as you've mentioned is a good start info-wise for people planning to avoid green for the time being. So that helps :)

bluefir111

Hi everyone im the admin on the Facebook Fanime 2010 event page and well we thought of a green ribbon to be worn so the members of facebook will be able to spot eachother. if you would like to join us click here http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=80413343038#wall_posts . if not hope to see you at fanime and everyone please have an awesome time
Attended Fanime since 2008. RaveCow since 09, Dj RaveCow since 2011