2010 Online/Inline Reg Question...

Started by blard1, March 02, 2010, 07:00:31 PM

blard1

So, last year it was put forth that wifi access would be available to handle the registration process separately from the two hour plus standing in line 'event' whose goal it was to use one of the eight or so laptops set up. While I quickly found that the opposite of what was mentioned here (http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12126.0.html) had occured, namely that web browsing was entirely available(and appreciated!), the hoped-for reg info entry site was not. Which was a shame, as there were several individuals in line sadly lacking in deodorant/hygeine...  but I shan't bore you with details. My question is, will the option to complete the required reg process be available this year? Not to put too fine a point on it, but doing so would a)ENORMOUSLY shorten that line for single-day passes, and b)take an ENORMOUS load off of the poor souls valiantly attempting to speed the single-day registration process along. Hopefully, they wouldn't all go off and commit suicide like I'd heard they did after '09...  but I digress. Given the pace and spread of smartphones and the lightening of laptops, it would seem to be an excellent idea to invest time and/or resources into making this happen, sort of a 'ounce of prevention vs. a pound of cure' kinda thing. Otherwise, my cohorts and I might see fit to enter into line with an assortment of delicious, delectable, aromatic cheesesteak subs from that awesome place a few blocks down by the campus, causing rampaging, rioting, and who knows what other sorts of suffering and craziness...

ewu

WiFi access was availible to bypass one element of the registration process and will probably be likewise be available this year. What you logged into was likely the convention's wifi, however the SSID you needed to log into was hosted only in the registration area that only allowed access to that particular aspect of reg and did not allow for internet access.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

blard1

Ahh, I see...  in that case, how does one acquire the ssid needed to access the reg process? I'm assuming that the volunteers handling the reg process either won't know or won't be able to give out that info, due to the possibility of miscreants and such...

ewu

Just ask any staff, they will know or will direct you to someone that does. We actually walked around the reg line with a white board displaying that info.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom