2010 fanime forum badges

Started by rude32, March 03, 2010, 08:35:17 AM

rude32

So every year, I believe its suspicious, makes fanime forum badges for forum members who ask for one and are willing to pay for one. I was wondering if he was going to do them again this year? He always makes some extremely awesome badges and would like to have one this year as well if he is making them again.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Jerry

its probably easier to contact him via PM or something.

or check out the old thread here for his rules and reason of making said badges-
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12075.msg318969.html#msg318969

I dont want to speak for suspi, but of course theres alot of factors to consider- like his budget and time, etc, etc...

Also last year i think he was stuck with 30+ extra badges that ppl didnt pick up because of random reasons and i still think he's trying to mail out the final few that werent picked up.  :P

Though those badges were pretty cool. :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Suspicious

It's awesome to have friends who check the forums for me.

Yes indeed I will do them again this year once I get in contact with Tsubasa for the design.  I also plan on getting an Artist Alley table this year too, so we'll have a good place to distribute them.  I was thinking of making a post about it between now and next month.  I'm working on the possibility of making 3d photos as well.
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

Jerry

heh, is it me or is everything about 3D nowadays?

next year you'll be telling me you'll have them record random sound bytes that speak whe press on the badge or something.

course that would be kinda cool, even tho most of my anime friends have some type of cutesy anime sound byte when the get instant messages, texts or notifications on their smart phones.

Suspicious

Hmmm... I wonder if I can embed a small battery and blinking LED in every one.  Or I can embed a 2d augmented reality bar code and release an iPhone app using OpenAR to display people's avatars on each one.  Or I can go do both using Bokeh Bokodes.

As for 3d photos, I almost perfected the process in creating them.  I gave away a bunch of prototypes at AOD, and I'm thinking about selling them at Fanime.

Beware Hobbyist Technophiles
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

Dany

Oooh! These look shiny! And I thought my costume badges were fun (I used them for that age-old question: "What are you dressed as?")

*shiftyeyes* Better find an image. I dunno what I would end up with as a prechosen thing (maybe the Miime pic in the icon perhaps...)...
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

michiko nakano

uhh... someone wanna explain these badges?  do they replace the ones we got off the fanime website?  do we trade our badges for them?  are they official?

ewu

These badges give you no access to Fanime events and have no recognition to the staff. For a lack of a better word, they are purely "ornamental". Staff have turned a blind eye to them, but if they become a problem then we may need to address it appropriately.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

rude32

Quote from: michiko nakano on March 03, 2010, 07:24:43 PM
uhh... someone wanna explain these badges?  do they replace the ones we got off the fanime website?  do we trade our badges for them?  are they official?
There just badges that help you point out other forum members. They don't replace your regular registration badge in no way. Check out some of the older threads of past years to check them out. As usual I will let Suspi choose my image, he can always read me like a book and come up with something completely awesome.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

michiko nakano

sounds awesome!  what a neato idea ^__^

AbsolutelyCursed

Quote from: Suspicious on March 03, 2010, 04:35:52 PM

Yes indeed I will do them again this year once I get in contact with Tsubasa for the design.  I also plan on getting an Artist Alley table this year too, so we'll have a good place to distribute them.  I was thinking of making a post about it between now and next month.  I'm working on the possibility of making 3d photos as well.

Would you be able to bring back the badges that you made last year? I was one of those people who did not pick their badge. I would still pay for the badge.

Jerry

Quote from: ewu on March 03, 2010, 07:48:26 PM
These badges give you no access to Fanime events and have no recognition to the staff. For a lack of a better word, they are purely "ornamental". Staff have turned a blind eye to them, but if they become a problem then we may need to address it appropriately.

quoted for emphasis -

again these were NON-official Fanime badges but just denote the group of fanime board regulars that your allowed to custimize on for yourself and be "one of the cool kids"

Hey suspi- do you have any examples from previous years? [thanks in advance]
I'd scan in my fanime forum badge from last year, but I left it at home and i just started work...

Dany

Quote from: Jerry on March 04, 2010, 08:40:17 AM
Hey suspi- do you have any examples from previous years? [thanks in advance]
I'd scan in my fanime forum badge from last year, but I left it at home and i just started work...

The link to last year's badge thread has a link to what I believe was the 2008 forum badge design :)

http://www.towardstars.net/ContactSheet-007.jpg
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Jerry

Cool Thanks!

i was looking for it in the old thread, but couldnt find it :P

Notice how " Tony's " badge is in the bottom right corner.  :D

Tsubasa

Get hype for forum badges, guys! I'll get started concepting this year's design. :3
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

TC X0 Lt 0X

Holy crap Lt's badge in the Mid-Bottom!!!

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Zero_Kirby

Shinsengumi

Quote from: AbsolutelyCursed on March 03, 2010, 11:12:48 PM
Quote from: Suspicious on March 03, 2010, 04:35:52 PM

Would you be able to bring back the badges that you made last year? I was one of those people who did not pick their badge. I would still pay for the badge.

Same here, also my girlfriends too. I put down a picture as soon as possible for this years badge.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

heeroyuy135