PC Gaming

Started by zemric, March 30, 2010, 12:20:27 PM

zemric

hello all pc gaming is coming back this year taking a new approach on running it.

i will have an open wifi (no internet though so dont bother)

EDIT* that also means no internet period.

i will be running a few different games

Starcraft
UnrealTournament 3
im thinking of a few more
(no steam games)

bringing in equipment

if you would like to lend us your computer that would be fine bring it to the
pc gaming desk and have us sign it in. (for security purposes i wont take
laptops, but you still can bring them i will have open space for you to sit
down and have some fun.)
i will have about 6-8 computers

post questions and requests here.

UPDATED 04/26/2010

games being played

unreal tournament 2004

starcraft: broodwar (custom maps are ok with free play games but im gonna have slightly tweaked maps for the tournament)

warcraft 3 TFT

and a future game that i need to get rounded off.
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

Xepherian

I'm tellin' you man,

DotA would hold up pretty well as a competitive game.

zemric

i probibly will. i just need to get 8 of licenses of each game so that's a factor
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

Chun

I don't particularly play this much, but it seems that League of Legends is on the rise and it's free and account-based. Might be something worth adding.

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

zemric

no internet. i repeat cause i didnt put it in the first post. pc gaming will not be hooked up to the internet.
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

CaptainYossarian

Well, I think I've already mentioned these before but it would be great if we could have some old style Command and Conquer on the main machines.

The other thing I was wondering, is since we have a LAN would it be alright to use it for non-official games, as in if people brought there own machines? Perhaps even some possibly arranged in advanced?
"Did I know Szat would betray us?" Urza asked quizzically. "I was counting on it"

Xepherian

Quote from: zemric on March 30, 2010, 01:07:57 PM
i probibly will. i just need to get 8 of licenses of each game so that's a factor

8 licenses of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne?
You mean, 8 copies or what?
Cuz we have a couple TFT discs laying around the house.

zemric

we need the keys for them so if anyone asks I can present the proof that we have ownership.

C&C is a maybe this is getting to be a lot of rts I'm trying to mix it up a bit.

I'm probably gonna go with 2-3 rts 2 fps and maybe another.
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

Xepherian

Quote from: zemric on March 31, 2010, 10:44:22 PM
we need the keys for them so if anyone asks I can present the proof that we have ownership.

C&C is a maybe this is getting to be a lot of rts I'm trying to mix it up a bit.

I'm probably gonna go with 2-3 rts 2 fps and maybe another.

Starcraft
Warcraft 3
C&C

Counter-Strike
Unreal Tournament

Other:
DotA

there ya go! <3

and I'll send out a search party for our Warcraft 3 disks&keys.

zemric

no steam games. and no dota, ive decided. im gonna do starcraft warcraft c&c unreal and maybe another im looking in to a game but i have to see and dont want to get anyone's hopes up. sorry for taking so long work and school take up a lot of my time.
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

Xepherian

I just realized you really only need one key.
Since it's a LAN game style we'd be playing with WC3, C&C, you can just use the one key on all the machines. I don't know if you could use back-up disks for all the machines though.

&why no dota? :(

zemric

im already expecting some form of problems so i dont want to have too many games cause then its just more things to go wrong. i will be at the next meeting so we can talk about this more then.
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

zemric

2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

Knightfire

Glad to see PC gaming is back!
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Silent One

SWEET!!! PC GAMING!!! By the way, if I wish to bring my pc, but only for a day, is that alright? Just so you know, I will not bring any monitors, keyboards, or mouses.

amaya_JDB

aw, SC: Broodwar. Can't believe I quit that game a year ago TT^TT
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

Ne3on

I can probably bring a slow computer for Touhou only or something. I remember that being popular last year.

zemric

Silent One: yes you can im gonna have open ports for people wishing to bring other computers

Ne3on: i welcome all computers(except for leaving a laptop with me because too easy to steal. but if you wish to bring it to play for your self or friends it is welcome too.)
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

JTchinoy

Can we get some MMORPGs going on these computers?  I'd like to level up during the con.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

zemric

JT: i will talk about it at the next meeting
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"